Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,714,502 times

Advertisements

Like list: Girly little dresses, giggling widlly, helpless dame act to get people to do things for me, having doors opened for me, having an excuse to be a bad driver, ladies' night specials, chivalry

Dislike list: Aunt Flo, high heels, being talked down to, glass ceiling, expectation to "have it all".

I realize some of these things can't happen at the same time- ie: sometimes a chivalrous man may seem like he's talking down to me--but the OP was asking what I liked and didn't like---not whether it was rational/logical!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 10:11 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,000,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I hate having my period, other than that, I like everything else and I don't feel vulnerable as the "weaker" sex.
Ditto.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM

754 posts, read 1,445,701 times
I love being a woman. I love shopping for clothes, being spoiled by my fiance, make up, the whole bit. I have never seen myself as the weaker sex, because in my opinion we're not. Also, I love men and I love flirting with them.

My periods may not be my favorite part if being a woman but it doesn't really bother me. Put it this way, if I didn't get it, that would bother me more .

Old 10-18-2008, 12:32 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I have a feeling that was meant as the physically weaker sex - ie, there's no denying that female rape victims are extremely more common than male rape victims. Statistically, on this issue, we are the more vulnerable sex.
I agree about the physically being the weaker sex. I'd probably be scared to be a 5' 2", 110 lb female in a dark alley and a 6' 2" 300 lb guy is coming toward you.

Heck I'd be scared of that myself being a guy.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:46 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,566,490 times
Periods, that's it. What else could there possibly be to hate about being a woman.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,702,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Periods, that's it. What else could there possibly be to hate about being a woman.
I hate being a woman if I wasn't attractive enough to get a good man. Then you'd never get married. Evan an ugly guy can get a good looking enough woman if he's got a good wallet. I wonder if it will last though.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,174,173 times
I hate it..ITs too much work...I wish I was born a guy.

I cant just let myself go and be an anti-fem on habits. It just looks like crap on me.

Hate:
-periods and the whole lot of problems from the stupid baby bucket works
- boobs - have you priced GD bras lately...Not to mention you HAVE to find one that fits correctly. I think this would drive any man insane.
- vanity sized stuff
- contradiction of expectations in EVERYTHING. Babies. work. life choice
- other women - Too old to be a tomboy now and I still hate socialization with females. I keep wanting to say "shut up"
- women have been shown multiple times to get paid less than males. (OBAMA OR McCAIN FIX THIS SH*t)
- You have to prove you know what you are talking about when getting anything fixed. Bfore that worker guys think lipstick = clueless broad.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:02 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,258,675 times
Too many to list, really. I'm pretty okay with being a woman... with some exceptions.

The things I hate?

Yeast infections (yeah I know guys can get them but how often, really!?)

double standards on appearance stuff (guys have way more leeway when they gain a few or have skin problems or gray hairs)

periods (i'm not having any more babies, so enough already!)

i gotta agree with pitt_transplant on the "other women" thing. sounds funny coming from a lesbian but yeah, it's true. i find other women to generally be annoying, backstabbing, manipulative and wussy.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,702,100 times
Oh yeah, weight can be tough on women when guys want you to be slim. Me, I wanna stay a size 4 so I religiously don't overeat everyday, and exercise to avoid gradual weight gain. I wish I could pig out on food like regular guys, like maybe eat a triple whopper meal with regular onion rings and a diet soda - but that's too much for me. So lots of women suffer from a "constant diet."

And when you women go out of groups cruising for a man, - you compete with each other!

But I still think I'd rather be a very pretty woman only, otherwise it's better being my guy self!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,194,154 times
Like: the choices in clothes, shoes and hairstyles. Being able to have children. Getting great gifts from hubby(i.e. jewelry!!), having my order at a restaurant taken first and brought to me first!, the pregnant/new baby parking spots,

Dislikes: being the weaker sex(physicallly), menstrual cycles, many times doctors think ailments are emotionally triggered, the assumption that we are all "hot house orchids", when contractors or mechanics want to talk to my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships