Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:36 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

If you are no longer together and have agreed to stay in the apartment together for financial reasons, what is the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
I suggest five years of intensive psychotherapy and group therapy....ok not really.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:43 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
I guess I am baffled on the part that you two have broken up and she slept with someone at their place...I mean, living together or not while broken up, she can sleep with who she wants, she is single. I am not seeing the disrespect toward you. You cannot expect her to be monogamous to an ex-boyfriend (you), solely based on convenient cohabitation. Correct me if I am wrong. Am I missing something here?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:46 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
JeepGirl, considering that they only broke up last summer, this situation has to be very difficult. The sooner she moves out, the better. Just because two people agree that they're broken up doesn't mean that the emotions aren't still there to wreak havoc. I certainly wouldn't feel okay in that situation, and would also demand that my ex move out ASAP.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:53 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
It's a bad situation, for certain. Wasn't sure if maybe they were still friends with benefits, an agreement was made...or if something was written that was not translated into Blonde for me to understand.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:53 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I guess I am baffled on the part that you two have broken up and she slept with someone at their place...I mean, living together or not while broken up, she can sleep with who she wants, she is single. I am not seeing the disrespect toward you. You cannot expect her to be monogamous to an ex-boyfriend (you), solely based on convenient cohabitation. Correct me if I am wrong. Am I missing something here?
Because her actions essentially contradict everything about her I knew as a person. She often would judge people who do exactly what she did and spoke about how she is glad her friends were not pushing her to try to go out and date. Furthermore, she would make a point to tell me about things such as how she joined match.com a month after we had split but were still figuring out our living situation. We have not slept together since a little before splitting due to what she paraphrased as a "loss of physical attraction". She also told me recently that she cant get comfortable sexually with people she feels close with, and its always been better for her with random flings...boy the more I mention about her, the less I realize she was worth it haha.

We dated for three years, and basically any change in the way of a living situation has come down to me pulling the trigger. We never agreed to stay in the apartment for financial reasons...we agreed to sublease it ASAP but that never happened based on price and location. Options grew thinner, and I realized for my own peace of mind I need her out.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
I had wanted to post on something that I call the exboyfriend or husband ownership clause that many men suffer from. I'm pretty sure that at some point this situation or something similar will crop up again and I can voice my opinion at that time.

The thing that is holding me back is that your in a crazy place. The home is supposed to be a place to regroup. Not a part time-if-she-does-not-speak-to-me place.

Pull the trigger. The most important thing is your mental health. Your peace of mind. If your riding it out and the time is short for her to be out that is one thing. If its too long it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships