Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, who would you prefer to spend your life with?
Jenny, PhD 41 60.29%
Gina, Qt 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times

Advertisements

LOL! I can't even respond!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 07:47 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
that was very poetic lionking...I am very proud of you.
well glad you are proud of me and I can be poetic but not this time,I am just being straight,after all a dog may be man's best friend but his "pet rock" is his guide..........

Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well glad you are proud of me and I can be poetic but not this time,I am just being straight,after all a dog may be man's best friend but his "pet rock" is his guide..........
You know I had to check out your profile after these conversations and you kill me!!! I love your responses!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
I don't care if a girl is super smart, I just don't want her to be super dumb. On a scale of 1 to 10, a girl needs at least a 5 in intelligence, hopefully a 6 to 7, but more like an 8 to 10 on looks, hopefully a solid 8.5 to 9.5, and in personality she needs a 9. That's really the important point. Who cares if a girl isn't super smart, she's just a bit above average intelligence, but she's really great looking and sweet, she laughs a lot, is fun to hang out with, doesn't jump to conclusions or get angry easily, etc. Personality and looks are the most important to me, not intelligence. ALL of my guy friends are extremely high intelligence, I don't need a girl for that too -- I can get my meaningful conversations from my guy friends. I'd prefer to have fun with a girl.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Take the brains ...if you need with the extra $$$ you can buy the cosmetic adjustments. Jenny is not unattractive, put her in a more flattering outfit and it would be no comparison.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 PM

I guess if you want to settle for a girl who is "not unattractive." I like dating girls who turn heads. People should be angry at me when they see a girl I'm dating, "Ugg, god how did that guy get her?!" That's what you want to inspire with a girlfriend. It shouldn't take more than a glance from anyone else to figure out you got it all. Your guy friends won't be impressed with a smart chick who is "not unattractive." They'll be impressed with a girl who is HOT.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
LB good buddy...isn't that a bit superficial...or is that what dating and relationships are all about? Because you are clearly very smart and wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I guess if you want to settle for a girl who is "not unattractive." I like dating girls who turn heads. People should be angry at me when they see a girl I'm dating, "Ugg, god how did that guy get her?!" That's what you want to inspire with a girlfriend. It shouldn't take more than a glance from anyone else to figure out you got it all. Your guy friends won't be impressed with a smart chick who is "not unattractive." They'll be impressed with a girl who is HOT.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:26 PM

First off that was tongue-in-cheek, I was hoping the sarcasm came off a bit better but sometimes I'm too sarcastic for my own good.

I don't look for a deep relationship, I'll be honest there. I have great, deep conversations with my guy friends every day. I exhaust myself enough talking philosophy and politics with friends, I really don't need to find a super smart girl who I can talk to about the same things as my guy friends. I like dating girls because girls are attractive, I'm sexually attracted to them, and there are fun things guys and girls can do together that I can't do with my guy friends. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy many other things with girls, but let's just say that somehow -- imagine -- girls all magically lost the ability to have sex. Well, nothing personal, but I wouldn't associate with many girls. It's a sacrifice to deal with girls, in my opinion. The emotionalism, the irrationality, the game playing, it all is exhausting and hard to tolerate. It's only worthwhile if there's some reward for all of that hard work. My guy friends don't act that way, they are rational and easy going, fun to hang out with, they get why fart jokes are funny, they love sports too, we have the same tastes in movies and music often, etc. If I'm going to associate with girls, despite all of the downsides to that, there better be an upside!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
JLB, I agree with a lot of your assessment of women. They can be emotionally exhausting to deal with. Which is why I usually prefer having male friends, but then they pull the same thing you're just saying up in your post..."I don't want a woman around if I ain't gettin' none."

But, just FYI, there are some women who are more like your male friends than the PMS'ing monsters you're describing.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
And I can assure that without a doubt, he is not sexually attracted/interested in those types of "women."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships