Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:34 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you eating candy corn right now? Seriously, eating tons of sweets make me feel whole and self actualized. lol. The only problem is working off the tummy blubber that can grow.
Im sorry youre so mean you have to eat tons of sweets to sweeten you up. You poor little crabby thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
WOW.......that's interesting.

I'd say go out more and find hobbies even if it's learning how to play pool. There is nothing more exciting than to know others are thinking about you.

It's cool to be sitting at home on a Wednesday and a friend calls you and says "Hey, I have extra tickets to(the game/concert/etc...) would you like to go?"

I would say become a more exciting person and stop living the "run of the mill" life. That takes work on all parties involved.You don't have to be a party animal but you need to do things that attracts high quality people to you.

I recently met a young lady that lives a pretty exciting life and I hope like hell we develop a good solid friendship. She is certainly my kind of gal. Even if she does not become a girlfriend, I'd love to hang out with her. She does live in a different city but her hometown is Chicago.

I can't lie, one of my goals aside from being a well known, successful business owner is to be a socialite and meet as many people and make as many friends as possible.

I have spent many years being by myself and working on myself, now is my time to live and ride this thing called life until the wheels fall off.

The more people I meet and come in contact with the more opportunities I have to ENHANCE someone elses life. We all have much to offer others. Look at it as your lifes work. I always think it is my duty to make the earth a tad bit better than it was before I got here. Does that mean I'll be the next MLK Jr.? No. But it does mean the world is waiting on me to share my gifts and there are people that need and want what I have to offer!

Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc, the clock is ticking. How will you spend you time? Hiding from the world or gracing the world with your presence?

cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
More people more problems.

Get a dog...they talk less and have no moodswings,drug problem,financial woes or general crab-dabery

Its not sad. You are FREE FREE FREE as the wind!

now shave half your head and go walk around.
No one knows you so it will be more fun than you imagine.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-22-2008 at 07:42 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Every so often my wife comes home and tells me about someone from her younger years who she's just run into...now mind you this is in Philadelphia,a population of over a million yet she can run into people she knows!
Considering how things are going with the two of you, are you sure she's not seeking those people...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Even people that used to stick me in the locker and throw me in the shower in Middle School.
Wow, you people must've had it really bad in school. What's with all these sentiments...? I don't care much to see people from school I wasn't close to, but I wouldn't mind seeing them, either.

Quote:
Btw I don't buy into that whole deal about people always wanting to be around 'happy' 'upbeat' people,where I come from we were always just genuine and most of the 'cheery' people seemed fake to me.
Well, Stuck, I'm glad to know my breed is not totally extinct in this country. I can't stand fake chirpiness myself.

Quote:
Besides,being around depressed people actually makes me feel like I've got it more together
Right on the money! Lemme me give ya an idea - you can also buy a pair of shoes a few sizes smaller! Imagine the joy when you take 'em off!

On the same note, last few days I was considering spending a lot of money on Christmas in Europe I can't realistically afford, but I have the money now and I was justifying it by saying "everything's going to hell... this might be my last chance... etc., etc.". Then I thought and scratched my head... and figured "why would I blow so much money on a week of fun after which I'll come back and get way more depressed after seeing how I blew my life away" and decided against it. Now, a trip to Somalia would be a whole lot better!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
I understand you StuckPA. It is pretty cold out there. I hope things warm up for you pretty soon. Good luck.
Ehh it's been awhile...maybe after the election. My heydays such as they were were mostly in the 90s. Granted we can't go back but I'll take what I can.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Are you eating candy corn right now? Seriously, eating tons of sweets make me feel whole and self actualized. lol. The only problem is working off the tummy blubber that can grow.
I used to like candy corn but I gotta watch it on the sugar now,that can help contribute to the problems actually.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Count yourself lucky having too my friends can be a PITA.

I don't have many friends either BTW
I never had many,but the ones I did have seemed to have drifted also.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
guys that learn to turn inward have long happy marriages.
Well I can see long...but happy?...

Old 10-22-2008, 08:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
This thread has made me so sad. Do you think this is bothering you because you and your wife are having trouble and you are trying to connect with someone? Do you think you are a bit homesick and feeling a need to belong?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
I never had many,but the ones I did have seemed to have drifted also.
Now we all have one another, Stuck!

http://www.dailypets.co.uk/wp-conten.../grouphug1.jpg

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
That's the spirit, Sierra! Group hug!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships