Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:05 AM

37 posts, read 84,809 times

Advertisements

it could be a scam! thats home some ppl are, they build this online friendship/relationship n gets u interested n attached so they could scam you. Im not sayin she is a scamer but u'll never know. Just becareful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Getting his post count up! Don't ruin this for us!!!

Okay. But stop banging on my head.

Oh,..... thats not me. Its just a little round blue ball. Heres another.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
ok can someone help me please? ok like six months ago i began talking to someone online through email messages. i live in london, she lives in california- we are both the same age (25). like a month ago she was in debt, her car payments and her house rent was two months overdue and she asked me if i could help her financially. i tried to help her, but as i only knew her online- the money couldnt transfer properly and i couldnt send anything. during this time i felt some emotional attachment to her that i couldnt control. we stayed in contact through emails and she suggested if we could talk through instant messages.
Well last week we spoke for the first time online through instant messages things felt awkward for some reason and after like 10 minutes she said something like ''well it was nice talking to you'' and i replied ''what are you going?'' and she replied ''yes'' and i havent heard from her again. i have a gut feeling that i may not hear from her again. i have seen her online almost every day this week, and have tried to say hello to her everytime i see her but she has not replied back to me. im concerned about her and i miss hearing from her, she has back problems and i want to know how she is doing and i also want to know if i did something wrong. what should i do? what should i think?

Don't ever send anyone on the internet money.
Ever.
The fact that she went cold on you means she is looking for someone who will give her the money she wants.

Beware of anyone asking you for money.
You knew nothing about her.
Nothing.
Everything she told you could have been a lie, and she played on your emotions to get money from you.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM

27 posts, read 61,514 times
I think you were played & scammed. I would stop instant messaging her & cut all communications. I'm sorry you're hurting, but you deserve to be treated better.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:02 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
She is probably a he. Living in Nigeria. With a pocket full of dumb peoples money. Using some Brazillian models picture to entice thos edumb people. I just saw this on dateline NBC or something.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:47 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
She is probably a he. Living in Nigeria. With a pocket full of dumb peoples money. Using some Brazillian models picture to entice thos edumb people. I just saw this on dateline NBC or something.

I agree, theres a lot of scams coming in from Nigeria asking people for money and even telling people they love them and such things that the gullible belive.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
im not sure if that is all she wanted. wouldnt she have dissapeared straight away and not after the first time that i spoke to her online?

Are you reading the posts on here? Are you just trying to be obtuse? Are you just pretending or not in reality???

Old 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM

94 posts, read 225,126 times
Quote:
ok can someone help me please? ok like six months ago i began talking to someone online through email messages. i live in london, she lives in california- we are both the same age (25). like a month ago she was in debt, her car payments and her house rent was two months overdue and she asked me if i could help her financially. i tried to help her, but as i only knew her online- the money couldnt transfer properly and i couldnt send anything. during this time i felt some emotional attachment to her that i couldnt control. we stayed in contact through emails and she suggested if we could talk through instant messages.
Well last week we spoke for the first time online through instant messages things felt awkward for some reason and after like 10 minutes she said something like ''well it was nice talking to you'' and i replied ''what are you going?'' and she replied ''yes'' and i havent heard from her again. i have a gut feeling that i may not hear from her again. i have seen her online almost every day this week, and have tried to say hello to her everytime i see her but she has not replied back to me. im concerned about her and i miss hearing from her, she has back problems and i want to know how she is doing and i also want to know if i did something wrong. what should i do? what should i think?
I have not read any of the responses yet but my initial reaction is that you should run for the hills the second someone you met online asks you to send them money. I would consider it a blessing that when you attempted to send money it would not go through.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 837 times
It depends what is money for you. Few bills dont change much for you? If the woman which is on site for a long time asks for money it means that she needs a man which has money. There are lots of people, people come and go. Sending money sometimes meet to establish ties. I would never meet anyone for free, I need sucessful man. She would disappear, she would continue looking certainly so!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,158 times
Awww man, no update?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships