Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,505 times

Advertisements

I sometimes wonder why people can't stand the thought of getting older. My outlook is that you've got to love and embrace every moment of the present because there is always something to gain from whatever experience you are going through. If you are in tune with this, even the most mundane of tasks or events can foster new thoughts and experiences. Getting older doesn't necessarily mean we gain wisdom, but life has a way of polishing us into gems, and making us valuable resources for those who come after us. In the grand scheme of things, the sooner you realize that everything of this world is temporary, the better off you are. Don't let life steal your joy, and find joy in all things. Life is all about keeping things in perspective. If you can do this, there is not a thing in this world that can keep you from being truly free. These things, with a good dose of humility is the beginning of wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,867 times
Amen to this! My mother has always told me to age with grace. Of course, its easy for her to say. She's nearing her mid-50's and has 0 strands of gray (no, she doesn't dye) and the only wrinkles she has are smile lines around her eyes.

I hope I got her genetics but yes, all in all, I think youth is far overrated.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:52 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,311 times
good post! I am a health educator- I teach classes to senior citizens and most of them are more active than my friends! Some dont even look their age. Im excited about growing older because I get discounts for the things I love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships