Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Here's some help, MG. We're rooting for ya (since you happen to listen)!

Wardrobe Basics for Men: Clothes Every Man Should Own (http://mensfashion.suite101.com/article.cfm/wardrobe_basics_for_men - broken link)

Classic Wardrobe Pieces Every Guy Should Have »

Men's Wardrobe Basics

AskMen.com - Men's Wardrobe
DANG STRAIGHT I listen to you guys! An incredible unbiased source of vast experience. I may not always agree, but I certainly listen. Not to mention that you are the peer group of the women I'm starting to date.

Swim trunks...I have a boxer set that is good...this Christmas I got a suite for my sisters family at an indoor waterpark\lodge just up the road from here. Her kids and mine etc. plus water slides etc....it's going to rock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What about blackish hiking boot style shoes?
Yes those work well. Maybe something like this?
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of Clothing do you like to see Men Wear?-boot.jpg  

Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yes those work well. Maybe something like this?
Those are nice and would be great with jeans but I'd also like to get something a little dressier though.

Ugh, I'm going to have to break down and get some interim dress pants, I hate to buy pants I'm only going to wear for maybe 6 weeks or so but I have to get them for work etc.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
Hmm, thats easy. I like to see cowboys and rocksters. No tight jeans ( ) maybe a loose fitting t-shirt or flannel, and add the cowboy hat, your good to go!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
Quote:
Those are nice and would be great with jeans but I'd also like to get something a little dressier though.

Ugh, I'm going to have to break down and get some interim dress pants, I hate to buy pants I'm only going to wear for maybe 6 weeks or so but I have to get them for work etc.
I was at a party recently and noticed the shoes that the young men were wearing.

Surprisingly all of them had on really nice, more or less European cut, leather shoes. This was a rather casual event but the guys who were there were relatively wealthy and well-traveled (not preppy). They were wearing jeans and t-shirts and expensive looking shoes! I was impressed.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:05 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
DANG STRAIGHT I listen to you guys! An incredible unbiased source of vast experience.
Glad to know our efforts are taken to heart.

Quote:
I may not always agree, but I certainly listen.
I bet you'll remember what you disagree with later, too, but such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Hmm, thats easy. I like to see cowboys and rocksters. No tight jeans ( ) maybe a loose fitting t-shirt or flannel, and add the cowboy hat, your good to go!
If he goes for a cowgirl audience ; however, it doesn't sound like he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I was at a party recently and noticed the shoes that the young men were wearing.

Surprisingly all of them had on really nice, more or less European cut, leather shoes. This was a rather casual event but the guys who were there were relatively wealthy and well-traveled (not preppy). They were wearing jeans and t-shirts and expensive looking shoes! I was impressed.
Thank you!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:33 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,297 times
Quote:
This is the look I am going for, at least *some* semblance of a 6-pack and a nice V. I don't have it all the way back but I'm getting closer. (See profile pic) I'm going for this look over the more bulky\muscle look with my training so curious to hear opinions on that too.
I've been going for that look as well and have been making some good progress. Feel free to PM me if you wanna trade training info.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Well I was looking at casual - since you said a "hiking" boot. I think this one is nice too....but are you looking for a dress boot? Go check out Zappos, and do a search. They have some great styles there.
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of Clothing do you like to see Men Wear?-boot.jpg  

Old 11-11-2008, 09:32 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,435 times
Quote:

Buy some nice loafer type shoes like the Italian ones nice Jeans NOT tight not too baggy look at some of the European web sites. A good one is Next.co.uk a good UK store. will give you some ideas

Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
It's easier for me say what I don't like on men, regardless of their build:
*short sleeve button downs
*skinny or too tight jeans
*black jeans
*low riding jeans
*3/4 quarter jeans/pants (like the guys where on West Coast Customs)
*tank tops unless it's appropriate for the activity you're doing
*t-shirts that are too tight/fitted

I tend to like men in:
*suits that are correctly fitted to them
*Cabela's, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean attire when going casual
*Brooks Brothers for their dressier polos
*pique cotton polos for casual wear in warmer months
*Carhartt's (and similar style) brown work/carpenter pants on men with a t-shirt...yumma!!!!
*barn style jacket/coat for casual wear
*black wool/cashmere coat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships