Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,708 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have been in a relationship with my current boyfriend for 3 years. For the past 3 years we have pretty much been with each other every day. We are both very young I am 20 and he is 22, and we have been switching off living together since we are always moving around due to school. When we first starting dating we fell really really hard, and the relationship started moving very fast. I lost a lot of my friends due to moving because of school and he didn't hang out with his friends much, and when he did I would be there too. About a month ago things starting getting weird, he was really distant, on edge, annoyed, and not emotional at all with me. We started to fight a lot and I would cry about 4 times a week. NOT HEALTHY. Last week I found out that he texted a another girl (he used to be interested in) at 2 am saying things like what's up, what are you doing. I only found this out because the girl sent me the texts! I freaked, and left his house this was on a Saturday night. He didn't chase after me and decided to get wasted with his buds. The next day he didn't call me or anything, I was deeply hurt and very confused. He ended up calling me that night and he told me he was so upset all weekend and his friends told him not to call me. Him and I had done a lot of thinking by not talking to each other for a few days and decided we need more time apart to really think about what we want out of this. Its been 4 days since we've seen each other, and we met up last night. When we saw each other it was like we were when we first started dating. This was on a Wednesday and at the end of the night he told me ill see you on Sunday.. I was so confused why would he not want to see me all weekend? I was a little taken back, he said we need to change everything, because before wasn't working and we were both miserable. He told me that he doesn't want me to hangout with his friends anymore, and that when we hangout its just us. He wants his alone time with them because he wants to build better friendships with them. So to me its like he wants to start over the whole relationship. The reason I am writing this is because I am not sure if this is a good thing. I feel like things are better between us but I'm scared the distance will make him like his friends more than me (since were so young). He told me he doesn't want to get to comfortable with me because he wont treat me or respect me like he should.. Idk im just confused and need some advice. Do you think what is going on is a good or bad thing? He told me he loves me a lot and there's no girl that will ever be as good as me. But who knows what he is doing, what is he going to do a whole weekend by himself! I think im being paranoid but any advice?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,187,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyelizabeth129 View Post
Hello,

I have been in a relationship with my current boyfriend for 3 years. For the past 3 years we have pretty much been with each other every day. We are both very young I am 20 and he is 22, and we have been switching off living together since we are always moving around due to school. When we first starting dating we fell really really hard, and the relationship started moving very fast. I lost a lot of my friends due to moving because of school and he didn't hang out with his friends much, and when he did I would be there too. About a month ago things starting getting weird, he was really distant, on edge, annoyed, and not emotional at all with me. We started to fight a lot and I would cry about 4 times a week. NOT HEALTHY. Last week I found out that he texted a another girl (he used to be interested in) at 2 am saying things like what's up, what are you doing. I only found this out because the girl sent me the texts! I freaked, and left his house this was on a Saturday night. He didn't chase after me and decided to get wasted with his buds. The next day he didn't call me or anything, I was deeply hurt and very confused. He ended up calling me that night and he told me he was so upset all weekend and his friends told him not to call me. Him and I had done a lot of thinking by not talking to each other for a few days and decided we need more time apart to really think about what we want out of this. Its been 4 days since we've seen each other, and we met up last night. When we saw each other it was like we were when we first started dating. This was on a Wednesday and at the end of the night he told me ill see you on Sunday.. I was so confused why would he not want to see me all weekend? I was a little taken back, he said we need to change everything, because before wasn't working and we were both miserable. He told me that he doesn't want me to hangout with his friends anymore, and that when we hangout its just us. He wants his alone time with them because he wants to build better friendships with them. So to me its like he wants to start over the whole relationship. The reason I am writing this is because I am not sure if this is a good thing. I feel like things are better between us but I'm scared the distance will make him like his friends more than me (since were so young). He told me he doesn't want to get to comfortable with me because he wont treat me or respect me like he should.. Idk im just confused and need some advice. Do you think what is going on is a good or bad thing? He told me he loves me a lot and there's no girl that will ever be as good as me. But who knows what he is doing, what is he going to do a whole weekend by himself! I think im being paranoid but any advice?!
your boyfriend sounds like an idiot, but I'm not sure what city is best for you...definitely not Seattle because it rains way too much and mold and fungus is rampant

Old 12-11-2014, 11:28 AM

269 posts, read 296,943 times
I concur. If you're in college, focus on that first. If he doesn't want to spend time with you, he's not worth your time.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:03 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,563,615 times
I personally focus all my time on getting money and an education and not on relationships.... relationships are a waste of time in my opinion, don't have the time to deal with someone elses crap.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:51 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,924,495 times
You can do better than him sister, dump his ass and move on.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:44 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,899,754 times
Sounds like he is making a clean break. He doesn't want you hanging out with his friends because he's dating other people, most likely the girl he's been texting, and they will clue you in on anything that is odd. Dump him, he's disrespectful.

I'll see you on Sunday. Take your power back and tell him "who knows. we will get together sometime soon."

Get a massage, get your hair done, put on a sexy dress and your highest high-heels and go round up a few new recruits pretty girl for his replacement.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:50 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,187,887 times
You've basically been stuck at a very immature stage for 3 years.

Time to grow up. Sounds like you both need a fresh start.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:51 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,952,698 times
He sounds like an a hole.

Dump him.

"You can hang out with your friends alone all you want cause I've had enough of the lies. I care for you, but we both need to move on. We've grown apart. See ya and thanks for the memories. We had fun."

And then, before you know it, you'll find someone new.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:58 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyelizabeth129 View Post
Hello,

He said that to keep you in your place. He doesn't love you, or else you'd be married. He is just using you because you've allowed him to. Don't ever become financially dependent on a man. Stay where you are, save some money, move back in with your parents if you have to, and move on from him. He is no good. It is all about control.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:08 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,839,069 times
I think it's a good thing that he doesn't want to spend time with you on weekends. If I were you, I would agree with him whole-heartedly and praise him for being so wise. Then add that you're on board with this wonderful "fresh start" idea 100% and don't want to see him on weekends nor do you want to see him during the week either, you'll be too busy with other people who treat you with respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships