Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,343,606 times

Advertisements

So I'm always flying to Puerto Rico to stay in touch with friends and family and to party heh. In march I flew out there and I met someone. Well we initially met online then when I arrived we met in person. And you all know when you meet someone on vacation it is good times and sometimes you stay in contact but nothing really serious, but this one knocked me off my feet (or something). Anyways since March we have been talking everyday (phone, text, messenger) and I've flown back to PR so that we could be together and... (usually it's no more than twice a year that I go to PR it's been 3 times so far this year and I'm racking up the frequent flyer miles... not a good thing seeing the state of the checking account though grr). The feelings have grown!

Well we planned on spending Thanksgiving at my place and Christmas in PR, now comes the news that it's too expensive to come here for Thanksgiving but friends at Jetblue got T a 35$ ticket to NYC for thanksgiving. So T invited me to NYC, I was like awh you bought me a ticket? NOPE I have to pay for my ticket and are we staying with friends? NOPE we are splitting a hotel room. Of course I prefer a hotel room (privacy) but I had no intention of all these expenditures or traveling for Thanksgiving but I've got the ticket and hotel room already so yeap crazy me.

Obviously this change ticked me off, this being the second time coming to my city was too expensive yet going so where is was fine... (happened for independence day too T was some how able to afford to go to NY then Tampa then Miami wtf? but couldn't make here). On top of this T's always on the personals site where we initially met. Yea I check, just checked actually and who should I see online!?. And talk about a dagger in the heart, the last time I was in PR we drove around the island and took lots of fotos and guess what is the new primary foto.... the foto I took!

So long distance relationships are possible? But not for long term right? Yeah... And what about this other stuff? I'm thinking of asking what is wanted for the relationship. But should I ask before Thanksgivng in NYC or during or after? I'd rather not end up alone in NYC for Thanksgiving because the conversation turned sour, but hmm alone in NYC might not be too bad hehe. WTF am I doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 02:51 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,363,511 times
You're looking for something but T is looking for something else, besides you.
BTW I like your screen name, te voy a recordar. lol

Old 11-10-2008, 02:52 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,045,150 times
it's tough to say but you made your bed so now you have to lay in it! Summer Fling turned Real Thing...lol...isn't that a headline from a Ricki Lake show?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,081,568 times
Is the Ricki Lake Show still on? Say, wasn't she in some movie called Mrs. Winterbotham???

Old 11-13-2008, 10:47 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,343,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
You're looking for something but T is looking for something else, besides you.
BTW I like your screen name, te voy a recordar. lol
Perhaps you are right, only time will tell.
I'm going to try to have a conversation about this when we are together for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can pull it off without sounding accusatory.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
miu

17,771 posts, read 40,227,414 times
How old are the two of you? If you're all in your early 20's, she's probably keen on maintaining an active social life. What should she be doing when she isn't with you? Since the distance between you is so great, she might be putting things in perspective and not expecting you to be her real boyfriend. Long distance relationships are tough and very frustrating. Most never make it. Why not just enjoy what you can of each other? But not expect her to stay a nun between visits, since she isn't expecting you to be a monk.

Is there a chance of either of you eventually moving and being in the same locale? Mr. Cat's right, although you are both fond of each other, you both seem to have different end goals. Would you be okay if she liked you a lot but just didn't see herself as being your exclusive girlfriend?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,982,805 times
Can you say, "GREEN CARD?"

Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,002,907 times
keep having sex is what I say

Old 11-13-2008, 09:47 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,749,029 times
Lol

Old 11-13-2008, 10:29 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,982,805 times
Pffff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships