Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Why would I want pictures of an ex?
Well, not everybody parts on such bad terms as yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 10:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
Do you keep pictures of ex's in the house even after you are in a new significant relationship (living with someone, engaged or married)? Alot of people say that's bad luck. And if you are single, they say that the energy from those pictures or memories block a new person from coming into your life. What do you guys think? Would you be pissed off if you found pictures of your significant other's ex?

I would be beyond pissed. An ex is an ex for a reason..........

Old 11-15-2008, 10:37 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I would be beyond pissed. An ex is an ex for a reason..........
What? I still have the pics of you on top my shoulders!

Old 11-15-2008, 10:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
What? I still have the pics of you on top my shoulders!
sssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
I have several of those collage-type picture frames...with many old friends and faces in them, and my ex-hubby is in one of them - a cute pic of him sitting on the beach in the water. I would never even consider ripping out any of those pics - they are all there to remind me of good times.

Any boyfriend of mine would know my mind, and have no reason whatsoever to be jealous of something so insignificant as a picture from my past.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Pictures capture that moment of happiness and no happiness should be permanently deleted so having pictures of an ex or the past is fine so long as the present also fills the space. No pics of the present and pics only of the past can leave the new person in your life feeling inadequate and second hand. Bring in the happiness of the present moment and assure your new love that you are ready and happy to move along to another phase in your life and that he / she is now the love of your life. Fill your present world and space with things about you and him / her that make you happy.memories that make you laugh are always the nicest things to have around the house.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 PM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
i carry enough bad memories to last a lifetime so i dont need a pic to remind me

Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,094 times
Quote:
Do you keep pictures of ex's in the house even after you are in a new significant relationship (living with someone, engaged or married)? Alot of people say that's bad luck. And if you are single, they say that the energy from those pictures or memories block a new person from coming into your life. What do you guys think? Would you be pissed off if you found pictures of your significant other's ex?

This has happened to me. I was dating a guy who was cleaning out one apartment to move to another and had brought a few photo albums in my car to bring to his new place, he accidentally left one in my car and there were a few photos of his ex in there. I was not too angry about it, but she was gorgeous. I gave it back to him and haven't talked about it since. I say, as long as the feelings aren't there, its fine to keep the memories. I don't have actual pictures, but I do have a ton of pictures of my exes. No big deal.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
The only way I'd have a pic of the ex up would be for the kids. No kids? I'd go scorched earth and get rid of it all. (Meaning take it all down, I'd keep some of the pics)

Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Who gives that kind of life altering power to Kodak paper, really? Reminds me of my Abuelita who insisted a wet string on my forehead would stop the hiccups.

I have photos of some of my exes. I don't have them out, they're in albums. I wouldn't flaunt them but I'm not getting rid of them. They are a part of the experiences that make me who I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships