Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:33 AM

431 posts, read 2,125,607 times

Advertisements

Do you keep pictures of ex's in the house even after you are in a new significant relationship (living with someone, engaged or married)? Alot of people say that's bad luck. And if you are single, they say that the energy from those pictures or memories block a new person from coming into your life. What do you guys think? Would you be pissed off if you found pictures of your significant other's ex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 05:06 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,981 times
I have a box of old things from the past. At this age they are just nice memories. I would never have displayed any of them.
But when I divorced years ago I got those under wraps real fast. The problem then was that many had pictures of my kids with my ex. So over the years, the kids are all grown, I have given most of those to my kids who I know will treasure them. I thought it better than using them to start the fireplace...LOL

Old 11-15-2008, 07:31 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
No, the only pics of the ex are the ones that our son are in, and even then I keep them in a box in the closet. Although, I do have some in various scrapbooks that I made before the divorce.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
I have pics of my ex in my son's room. And I still have our wedding album of course. Our wedding portrait is in a back room closet; it's a beautful pic, and I see no reason to throw it out. But we get along fine...so guess it's different for those that fight like cats and dogs.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 11-15-2008 at 08:17 AM..

Old 11-15-2008, 08:11 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Hell no!!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:25 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,217,616 times
for the mice only!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:39 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,225,158 times
For one I have to, its the father of my child. Can't get real psychotic on that. No lie, I'll blow the pic up and throw darts at it. 'Tis good.

Others, I have in whatchamacallit picture books. They represent chapters in my life. It is so a different chapter of me, its where they belong. It's my life and cannot be denied or escaped.

They don't block me. Anything that needs to be done on the outside is usually with the promise to motivate on the inside. There isn't anything, in my opinion, that is wrong with that. It can be an excorcism of sorts.

Am I offended if I see them? No. I have the same insecurities that others have. Was she prettier then me? Am I competing with that person? Can I figure out if your still somewhat in love that person and I am a replacement? Am I better in bed?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:06 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
Do you keep pictures of ex's in the house even after you are in a new significant relationship (living with someone, engaged or married)? Alot of people say that's bad luck. And if you are single, they say that the energy from those pictures or memories block a new person from coming into your life. What do you guys think? Would you be pissed off if you found pictures of your significant other's ex?
I certainly keep such pictures. They bring back memories -- fond and not so fond -- of the past, and I am one who values and analyzes the previous experiences in my life. Such photos should generally not be displayed out in the open, but kept away in a keepsake box or other such place.

"Bad luck" and "energy" from old photographs? That's a bunch of superstitious gobbledygook.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
I still had a few photos of my late wife displayed when my new wife moved in with me. I took down one right away, another a while later when I had something to replace it with. She's still shown in another that's part of a wall display. It'll be there until we remove all the photos on that wall -- probably soon since they're getting old. I won't discard pictures that are in drawers, etc. Pictures of my ex? I think I might be able to find one or two somewhere if I dug far enough.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:04 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Nah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships