Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM

656 posts, read 2,742,722 times

Advertisements

Would you do a 'Lisa Nowak' and do anything to get your partner back?

I just heard someone on city-data bring this story up which got me thinking
Ok unless you were living under a rock you should or be familiar with this 3way Astronaut's love triangle
Astronaut Lisa Nowak gained international attention on FEB 5 2007, when she was arrested in OLANDO FLORIDA and subsequently charged with the attempted kidnapping of U.S. Air Force Captain Colleen Shipman(USAF Engineer), the girlfriend of Astronaut William Oefelein Lisa Nowak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lisa Nowak (although married) was in love with fellow Astronaut William Oefelein who was dating Colleen Shipman
Lisa Nowak had packed latex gloves, a black wig, a BB pistol and ammunition, pepper spray, a hooded tan trench coat, a 2-pound hammer drill, black gloves, rubber tubing, plastic garbage bags, about US$585 in cash, her computer, an eight-inch (203 mm) Gerber folding knife and several other items before driving the 900 miles (1,450 km) to Florida to kidnap and do whatever else to Colleen Shipman to get her out of the way. I'm just glad those 3 were never on the same NASA mission together or it would have been very Hairy and Scary (excuse the OP's humor)

Anyhow would you do a 'Lisa Nowak' and do anything to get your partner back
I'm not saying doing anything violent exactly. But would you warn somebody off
who was trying to get with your partner?
All do you just believe in the saying 'if you can get my partner,you can have him'

Last edited by HairyandScary; 11-15-2008 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Haha! I just mentioned her tonight...

No, I would not pull a Lisa Nowak...first of all, if someone I am with wants someone else, they can have them.

Second of all, I would not be willing to drive from Texas to Florida wearing a diaper! I would get distracted, want to stop at Stuckey's grab a pecan roll, start getting crappy because my favorite radio station would be fading in and out...

Third of all, I'm not the type to be crappy with the other woman...the issue is with the man I am in a relationship with...she is just a byproduct of bigger issues.

Now, with those things said, have to give her credit where credit is due...she had a plan, followed it through, was determined and gave it a good try Persistence pays off...usually

Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Haha! I just mentioned her tonight...

No, I would not pull a Lisa Nowak...first of all, if someone I am with wants someone else, they can have them.

Second of all, I would not be willing to drive from Texas to Florida wearing a diaper! I would get distracted, want to stop at Stuckey's grab a pecan roll, start getting crappy because my favorite radio station would be fading in and out...

Third of all, I'm not the type to be crappy with the other woman...the issue is with the man I am in a relationship with...she is just a byproduct of bigger issues.

Now, with those things said, have to give her credit where credit is due...she had a plan, followed it through, was determined and gave it a good try Persistence pays off...usually
Yes it was you who got me thinking about this crazy love triangle

So I'll take that as a big fat No
Not even if you thought the other women deserved It?

What was she wearing a diaper for, I must of missed that part ??

Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Yes it was you who got me thinking about this crazy love triangle

So I'll take that as a big fat No
Not even if you thought the other women deserved It?

What was she wearing a diaper for, I must of missed that part ??
She was wearing an adult sized diaper so she would not have to stop and waste her precious time...she was a woman with a plan

She probably opened up a brand new demographic for the Depends wearing crowd...Now they can market the younger woman who has a serious stalking job to take care of...

Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,640 times
Good heavens no. But I've lived through lost love and can see through the eyes of Lisa, I couldn't bring myself to commit such a deed. I also find it funny that you hear in the media that men are more likely to be portrayed as stalkers, and women don't. Well, as they say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," Us women get more emotional about love, so would that conclude that women would be more likely to become stalkers?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
She was wearing an adult sized diaper so she would not have to stop and waste her precious time...she was a woman with a plan

She probably opened up a brand new demographic for the Depends wearing crowd...Now they can market the younger woman who has a serious stalking job to take care of...
True, got to give her credit where its due
She left well prepared.I mean the diaper and all those items in the trunk
Her execution was just a little off. Why use the pepper spray when she had a gun?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
if someone I am with wants someone else, they can have them.
Same here.

I do live under a rock, though. Glad to report I hadn't heard of this fascinating story. Enriched myself again!

Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
True, got to give her credit where its due
She left well prepared.I mean the diaper and all those items in the trunk
Her execution was just a little off. Why use the pepper spray when she had a gun?
She was probably a little too emotional to get the job done effectively Goodness, we sound horrible!

Seriously, it is a shame she could not use that internal drive to do something positive wasted energy...

And to answer your previous question, no, I would not go after the other woman even if she deserved it...I am not committed to the other woman...I am committed to the man that is screwing the other woman...he would not get off the hook so easily as me diverting attention from him by going after the wrong target No time or energy for misdirected anger...

Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
I am committed to the man that is screwing the other woman...he would not get off the hook so easily as me diverting attention from him by going after the wrong target No time or energy for misdirected anger...
I never understood how people go after the other person, I'm like your spouse is the one that needs their rear kicked.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Same here.

I do live under a rock, though. Glad to report I hadn't heard of this fascinating story. Enriched myself again!
What is the point of trying to keep a man who does not want to be there??? Why mope around when you can cut the fat and be free?? Don't get me wrong, his life would suck for a while, but it would be over when I was done being angry...

The crazy astronaut and Anna Nicole were the only things going on when I was on bed rest for 8 friggin weeks I know far too much about both cases, unfortunately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships