Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times

Advertisements

Aside from bad hygiene, which we're all in agreement over--it's baaaad, what are the three biggest turn-offs about a woman when you're going for first impressions, say, with a first or blind date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 01:32 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,632,517 times
Hmm, well I will assume bad hygiene covers things like dirty fingernails and all of that, so... let's see...

I think messed up teeth in general, that's pretty bad. Like really yellow or crooked or something. Teeth are kind of a big deal to me, I love beautiful, straight, white teeth on a girl, a great smile is really nice to see.

Turn-offs I assume can include non-physical things? Because if so I would say text messaging while I'm out with her. That's really annoying. It's different if she says, "This is my sister, sorry I have to text her" or something, but if she's constantly texting that is a huge turn off, I just want her gone at that point.

Fat. That'd be another.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,264 times
  • Being late/not being ready.
  • Phone calls/texts while on the date.
  • Being no help at all with the date planning. Let me know what kind of places you like and things you like to do. "Oh, anything is fine" doesn't cut it. Lemme know what you like to do and what you like to eat and you'll probably find yourself doing it and eating it. Otherwise it's kind of a crapshoot
  • Smoking.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:02 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
Talking about her last boyfriend. At least she did wait till the second date before telling me they did "it" at her parents' house while they were at work. Another problem is a spoiled "Daddy's little girl". I couldn't afford some of the things she wanted everytime "I want" came out of her mouth. She wanted to go to a concert over 200 miles away and $75 tickets. May not sound like much now but when we got front row seats for the Doobie Brothers during their big time for $25 each, I wasn't forking over the other! And, yes, that was on the first date! She told me later Daddy bought them and was going to take a day off work to drive her to the concert. He was going to find a coffee shop nearby and wait for her!

Old 11-16-2008, 07:08 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
Talking about your job and I did not ask you anything about it.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,917,993 times
Smoking
Texting or taking multiple cell calls (I feign illness and end date if this is the case)
Chatterbox. I want to have a conversation, not listen to you prattle on.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:12 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
O-Dog,

You got that right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Smoking
Texting or taking multiple cell calls (I feign illness and end date if this is the case)
Chatterbox. I want to have a conversation, not listen to you prattle on.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:23 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,376 times
1. Self absorption - always a turn off.

2. Mental case with hangups about too many things (aka the full Samsonite set of emotional baggage).

3. No substance, no interests, no ideas of her own.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 AM

18,118 posts, read 11,752,834 times
discuss = yes

insult = no!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Aside from bad hygiene, which we're all in agreement over--it's baaaad, what are the three biggest turn-offs about a woman when you're going for first impressions, say, with a first or blind date?
1. Calling or texting during the date. It's bad enough people do it while driving, but it's unacceptable during a date.

2. Monopolizing the conversation. I personally like women who talk a lot. That's a lot better than the opposite. But no one wants to be with someone who dominates the conversation or never lets you finish what you have to say.

3. Dressing in a way that looks too showy. Some women are gorgeous and know it. They have bodies they know will cause men's jaws to drop. But there's something to be said for restraint. I see women who look they're trying too hard. They wear clothes that are too tight and/or revealing and it just sends out the impression this person is trying too hard or maybe showing off. They may be trying to turn you on, but it can have the opposite effect. I'm more attracted to a woman who's confident enough in herself that she doesn't need to try so hard to impress me, maybe because she knows she has more to offer than just her looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships