Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Wow...you're a good man!!!! I trust my husband with my life, but not my laundry.
Hey... those of us without good looks have to make up for it somehow!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I personally cannot fathom parents who don't make their children responsible for the condition of the house. You might as well count on them living with you until they're 26 or so.
I'm with you there, CPG... I make my son cook with me (especially barbeque), and they are all folding their own laundry now if they are around (my son works, and my daughter has her "social life").

Also, my son mows the lawn while I weed-wack. Since he's a senior in HS now, he has a job (which I told him he had to get one at 16), I will be turning over the mowing the lawn to my middle child (daughter 15). The two girls bake, and as they get older, they will be cooking more and more. I don't believe in raising the children in traditional roles. When I replaced the plumbing from metal to pvc in the kitchen, I had my son help me. I had my daughter help me when I installed a hanging light/lamp in the dining room, and added an electrical outlet in the kitchen.

They should ALL know how to cook, clean, make simple home repairs, and basic car info.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
when I was with the dh, I did everything except he would sometimes do laundry. That included me working 40 hrs/week, mowing, weedeating, etc.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:16 AM

926 posts, read 2,747,845 times
I have a housekeeper but if I had to get rid of her I'd do everything but take out the garbage. For some reasont his bugs me lol

Old 11-20-2008, 01:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
In your relationship who does the domestic duties? Does one do more than the other or do you share them together.

I can see myself being the cook,cleaner,laundry boy, etc in my household. I enjoy doing those things. I guess I would be Mr. Mom.

I just want my wife to make babies,look pretty and keep a small waste line with wide hips........just kidding or am I? I am
Primarily her. But that's also because she's more concerned with those things being done.

If I'm hungry, I like to cook. If I need clothes, I have no problem running a load of laundry. If I go to take a bath and the tub's dirty...I don't complain! I just clean it.

If it were left up to me, the only time the bed would be made is when the sheets are changed. Other than that, I don't care if it's not made. She does. Guess who makes it.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Well, she works 5 days a week and I work 15 days a month, so when it comes to who has more time in general to get things done around the house, it falls on me.

Still, she does pay all the bills, she's usually the one who brings home food if we're not cooking, she does the bank runs and gets maid money, she makes the library and beer runs...

I do more of the grocery shopping, cleaning supply/toiletry shopping, deal with all the house repair stuff, pool maintenance/gardener/maid, home warranty company, cable people, etc.

We both pick up around the house and while I tend to start loads of laundry, she tends to take them out and fold them.

I'm happy with the system.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:58 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
In your relationship who does the domestic duties? Does one do more than the other or do you share them together.

I can see myself being the cook,cleaner,laundry boy, etc in my household. I enjoy doing those things. I guess I would be Mr. Mom.

I just want my wife to make babies,look pretty and keep a small waste line with wide hips........just kidding or am I? I am

We both do them. Granted I do the majority. I stay at home with my 2 young kids so I am here more. But, we both pitch in when needed. We function very smoothly here...Oh and I am cute, thin, hippy and love to make me some babies!

Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I don't think one person should necessarily do certain tasks. I think that, whenever they need to be done, the person in closest proximity should do it.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:42 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
LOL.......thanks. This is good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
...Oh and I am cute, thin, hippy and love to make me some babies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships