Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times

Advertisements

In your relationship who does the domestic duties? Does one do more than the other or do you share them together.

I can see myself being the cook,cleaner,laundry boy, etc in my household. I enjoy doing those things. I guess I would be Mr. Mom.

I just want my wife to make babies,look pretty and keep a small waste line with wide hips........just kidding or am I? I am

Last edited by Ron.; 11-19-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
In your relationship who does the domestic duties? Does one do more than the other or do you share them together.

I can see myself being the cook,cleaner,laundry boy, etc in my household. I enjoy doing those things. I guess I would be Mr. Mom.

I just want my wife to make babies,look pretty and keep a small waste line with wide hips........just kidding or am I? I am
aaanddd how are you single again?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:03 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
I do! And I'm not sure how it came about.
I offer to do the laundry one day and am saddled with it forever.
I cook a meal and she proclaims me the cook. (She's still the chef so can tell me how to do it.)
I clean the house once a year, and it's not cleaned until the next year rolls around.
I always make the morning coffee.
I always get the midnight snacks.
I run the errands.
I pay the bills.

This is just SO wrong!

It's a wonder I have time to read CD!

She does work a 40 hours a week, however, which is probably more than I work.

I work from a home office, so I guess wifey figures I might as well do a few chores around the house. And I don't really mind. She's worth it.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,979 times
I do 90% of it! But that's my "job". And I LOVE my job. He gave us a house and I make it a home. It also helps that he's a neat and tidy person.

But then again, some would say that it's nice that he doesn't care if I did nothing all day long. All he cares about is if I had a good day.

Thankfully I like doing the domestic duties. I'm also pretty OCD about cleanliness and I like things done in a certain way, so doing it myself is no big deal for me. I really like being able to make it so when he gets home, all he has to think about is relaxing and enjoying each others company.

The 10% I don't do are like home repairs and I don't do them unless I know how... which I'm excited to be learning. Who knew nail guns were so fun! LOL

Old 11-19-2008, 11:09 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
The housekeeper, obviously.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:13 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
In my household I am the one who usually does them. I get pissed when the wife starts cleaning so I'd clean after her. I do the vacuuming, laundry, dishes, cooking, she helps me with the baking.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
We rarely eat anything that takes more than half an hour to cook (heat up). so there is not a lot of cooking. Everyone takes a turn at laundry but wifey does most of it. Cleaning, well I am told that there is a vacuum somewhere in the house.

We each have certain things that we enjoy or do not hate as much as the other of us does. I hate vacuuming the pool, she does not mind it. I do the majority of dish washing or supervise the kids doing it. I do all repairs or anything that involves tools. Kids wash the dog. Dusting or mopping usually gets done when mother in law visits. What else is there?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,071 times
Quote:

How will she keep ''the small waist line '' While She is watching Oprah all day while eating Bon Bons popping out babies,while you do all the work ??

Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,071 times
Quote:

Simple..... Marry a nice Jewish women !

Old 11-20-2008, 06:23 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
I do the laundry, cook (on occasion) and clean (I have a weekly service to help me out too.)

I also handle the garbage & recycling. I'm shocked that the women in my neighborhood don't do this. They will walk right past the empty garbage can(s) at the bottom of the driveway and leave it for their husbands. And most of these folks have older kids! You'd think they'd have their 11 yr olds bring the can back after school. Hell, my 2 yr old helps me bring the cans down & back (she likes to help. )

Guess I should add my husband does all the handy work and beyond: plumbing, electric, woodworking, heavy equipment operation, tree removal, etc.. He busts his arse around the house & yard.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 11-20-2008 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships