Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a woman who told you she was celibate?
Yes 9 42.86%
No 7 33.33%
Only if she gave me a specific time frame 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times

Advertisements

What about if you only favor foreplay but you don't want to have a hard hot dog thrust in and out of you? I mean those are two different things. Seriously man fill me in on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well anyone can lie. I've seen women do it as well so it goes both ways.

Commits to what? Being locked in the basement? Chained up in the bedroom? Having his head examined?

What i have found though experience is relationships work best when there is fluidity to them. In other words, the best thing to do is to let making love happen when it happens. If you sit down and have a little talk at the beginning of the relationship with the guy and say these are my preconditions for having sex, he going to be like Huh? I think the most you need to do is make it known you are not an easy lay and leave it at that without pulling out a 183 page contract with terms and conditions. Anytime at the beginning of the relationship where either I or the woman had a little talk and laid out preconditions and terms, the whole thing went off the rails. It's too jarring and halting. What matters is actions not words.

For me I'm not a one night stand person and I don't go with women that are either. But on the other hand I don't want to be ages down the road with the gal playing *****boo games behind the sheets.

And as I mentioned in another thread, I have seen and heard of women that supposedly do not want to engage in sexual relations too soon into the relationship, yet run around naked, frolic in bed with the man and do "other" things. If you truly do not want to get involved with having sex early on, it's helpful not to do things that might lead to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,408 times
This is a tough poll. I voted "No." Of course, I was of the assumption when I answered the poll you were talking more about a "waiting for marriage" type scenario. And since marriage is likely a ways off for me, that would be a tough sell. Of course, the no is not an absolute by any means... You never know if you are truly in love or whatever. But, realistically, I'm not sure I'd be able to stay with someone long term in that sort of situation. Now, I totally respect, even admire, that decision, but I'm not sure such a person is the best partner for *me*.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
well...now that I've read your post...I can answer the poll better.

I still don't think I'd change my answer though. I said "time frame"...because initially I thought you meant "yes" to mean that the woman was never going to have sex ever again. And that wouldn't work for me.

But, realistically speaking, is marriage the only proof you'll accept of commitment? I've known plenty of married people that weren't all that committed. Of course, most of those got divorces later, but still...

There's marriage, and then there's commitment...you can have the latter without bothering with the former. But you better have the latter if you have the former.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,917,993 times
Remember, its a two way street. I went time frame because once you and a partner get comfortable with each other then go ahead. A set timeline is kind of silly...then again if I was 16 again I'd vote no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships