Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:03 PM

7 posts, read 19,581 times

Advertisements

I'm so frustrated. Either my soon to be ex is very lazy, doesn't want to deal with it or confused. He asked for a divorce after 5 years of marriage last November. It's been 1 year, we both have our own places, no kids, our assets have been divided (all of this was done last December). We haven't spoken or seen each other in months and he won't respond to the papers he filed back in February. My atty responded to his and now I have to wait until I can get a court date. I had to plan the wedding now the divorce that I didn't want. It's bad enough he wanted out but now he's making me wait to move on with my life, it's so selfish. It's not like we're in our 20's or 30's, we're both 40.

Also, the last few times I spoke with him (months ago) he was so angry and filled with rage. You would think I was the one who wanted out. Why is HE angry and why won't HE sign the papers???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 02:05 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRXCOR51 View Post
I'm so frustrated. Either my soon to be ex is very lazy, doesn't want to deal with it or confused. He asked for a divorce after 5 years of marriage last November. It's been 1 year, we both have our own places, no kids, our assets have been divided (all of this was done last December). We haven't spoken or seen each other in months and he won't respond to the papers he filed back in February. My atty responded to his and now I have to wait until I can get a court date. I had to plan the wedding now the divorce that I didn't want. It's bad enough he wanted out but now he's making me wait to move on with my life, it's so selfish.

Also, the last few times I spoke with him (months ago) he was so angry and filled with rage. You would think I was the one who wanted out. Why is HE angry and why won't HE sign the papers???
The man clearly has problems...consider yourself lucky to be done with him and just let your lawyer handle it.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
I don't know what state you're in, but in my state the other party doesn't need to sign any papers - the Court will grant the dissolution after the required time has passed. Perhaps it's that way in your state as well? Ask your lawyer.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Our state requires 1 year than I can file with the court for dissolution. What a coward he is, he can't even finish is own divorce.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Our state requires 1 year than I can file with the court for dissolution. What a coward he is, he can't even finish is own divorce.
Seriously, he sounds mentally unbalanced - just let it go.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:53 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
Forge his signature! They won't know!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM

Can't do that, it has to go thru the court.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:57 PM

188 posts, read 474,541 times
It's a matter of control, by not signing he is in complete control of the situation, and your life. File the papers with the court and get your life back from the selfish b*****d

Old 11-21-2008, 03:00 PM

Thanks Tanker. But why if he wanted the divorce does he need to feel control over my life? Why wouldn't he want to move on w/his and let me go? It's crazy!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,283 times
Quote:
I'm so frustrated. Either my soon to be ex is very lazy, doesn't want to deal with it or confused. He asked for a divorce after 5 years of marriage last November. It's been 1 year, we both have our own places, no kids, our assets have been divided (all of this was done last December). We haven't spoken or seen each other in months and he won't respond to the papers he filed back in February. My atty responded to his and now I have to wait until I can get a court date. I had to plan the wedding now the divorce that I didn't want. It's bad enough he wanted out but now he's making me wait to move on with my life, it's so selfish. It's not like we're in our 20's or 30's, we're both 40.

There are ways around you not needing him to actually sign the papers. I would check with the clerk of the court where you are to find out how you can finish this w/o him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships