Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies Would You Date/Marry A Man Who's Favorite Hobby Is Snorting Cocaine ?
Yes And I Am A Liberal Female 0 0%
No And I Am A Liberal Female 23 74.19%
Yes And I Am A Conservative Female 0 0%
No And I Am A Conservative Female 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:33 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I was married to a man that developed a Coke addiction while we were married and he ended up in prison enough times for said addiction. In fact, he is in again right now as I type this until 2013. A life I endured with much regret, although then, I thought I could "fix" him - "save him." Constantly trying to help him stay sober, dealing with the unbecoming Coke addict behavior and temper was "really, really sexy." The best part is finding out how many Coke w.h.o.r.e.s he banged during the marriage. Another perk of being married to one! Since, if I even hear any man is recovering off of any alcohol or drugs, I run. And I run as lickety-fast as my little legs can take me. I cannot express how deeply I hate the crap.
Wow, haha, that's intense. In my opinion, rehab is for quitters!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Wow, haha, that's intense. In my opinion, rehab is for quitters!
You're right. I'm sure most people would opt for the Feds to surprisingly knock down a front door during dinner time with your children to search the house because the addict is dealing behind your back unknowingly (yet, everyone else knows, but you) - or to be beaten with a shower curtain rod when the Coke addict goes into his drug induced rage. Why give all that up? Rehab bites.

Those who have not seen the ugly sides of it outside of the occasional line at a party - will always glamorize it.

Explaining to your children why Daddy is gone for 5 or so years and cannot come home. . . really tops the buzz.

It's the shizzle alright.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 AM

lol, I can tell it's a sensitive topic for you. I was just joking

I was referring more to alcohol, really, the t-shirts "rehab is for quitters," I just think it's funny. I mean the whole point is that rehab is to quit, but in life you're always not told to be a "quitter."

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
You're right. I'm sure most people would opt for the Feds to surprisingly knock down a front door during dinner time with your children to search the house because the addict is dealing behind your back unknowingly (yet, everyone else knows, but you) - or to be beaten with a shower curtain rod when the Coke addict goes into his drug induced rage. Why give all that up? Rehab bites.

Those who have not seen the ugly sides of it outside of the occasional line at a party - will always glamorize it.

Explaining to your children why Daddy is gone for 5 or so years and cannot come home. . . really tops the buzz.

It's the shizzle alright.
I hear ya, nothing glamorous about a stone cold addict and being in a relationship with one is no party. I've never been in a relationship with one, but have known lots to go from casual use at parties and weekends with friends to resorting to stealing from clients accounts (2 lawyers I knew) to selling their high priced goods for next to nothing. I won't even start talking about the girls.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:56 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
I was married to a man that developed a Coke addiction while we were married and he ended up in prison enough times for said addiction. In fact, he is in again right now as I type this until 2013. A life I endured with much regret, although then, I thought I could "fix" him - "save him." Constantly trying to help him stay sober, dealing with the unbecoming Coke addict behavior and temper was "really, really sexy." The best part is finding out how many Coke w.h.o.r.e.s he banged during the marriage. Another perk of being married to one! Since, if I even hear any man is recovering off of any alcohol or drugs, I run. And I run as lickety-fast as my little legs can take me. I cannot express how deeply I hate the crap.
I should talk to you because my best friends stbx is a cocaine addict and she has been through the ringer...hence the spoof card I told you about

Old 11-22-2008, 08:56 AM

Well Jonathan. I take it about as seriously as if a 50 year old man raped an 8 year old girl. Is there a joke in that somewhere? There is absolutely nothing funny about it. Sensitive? No. I passed sensitive years ago. This is just first-hand knowledge of a very big problem that affects too many families in the world, who also do not see the comedy in all that it entails.

If we want to hit on alcoholism, that goes hand in hand with a Coke addiction. The two go together. Majority of Coke addicts are alcoholics. The two make a great blend.

Sorry, never saw the shirt. Don't care to either.

To the OP - For the life in me, I have no idea what the heck being a Liberal or a Conservative has to do with Cocaine. My ex was/is a Conservative, as am I. Liberals are users/addicts too. The drug does not recognize political stance. Pointless poll.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way -- I find humor in almost all situations, especially ones that are painful for other people. After all, "Tragedy is when I get a papercut; comedy is when you die." Comedy is largely based around laughing at other people in awkward circumstances. You can call me a jerk for that, haha, I don't care, but I prefer to be easy going about that kind of thing. You can be all serious and uptight about life, or you can laugh about it. I don't get along with people who are serious or uptight about anything.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way -- I find humor in almost all situations, especially ones that are painful for other people. After all, "Tragedy is when I get a papercut; comedy is when you die." Comedy is largely based around laughing at other people in awkward circumstances. You can call me a jerk for that, haha, I don't care, but I prefer to be easy going about that kind of thing. You can be all serious and uptight about life, or you can laugh about it. I don't get along with people who are serious or uptight about anything.

So . . you are the sort of person that makes fun of the Mentally Retarded.

Got it.

Not good.

You need to learn the difference between "awkward" situations - and "unfortunate."

And you are right, we would not get along. I don't hang with those that find deliberate amusement in others misfortunes.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Do you find cocaine addicts to be sexy or unsexy ?

Why do you create such foolish polls?? Just curious.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
I just noticed it was Jeff Jarret that started the poll. He's a known **** stirrer especially on the political forums. He's a misguided soul that calls him self conservative. In any case BEWARE OF ALL HIS POLLS as he's polls allow others to see who voted on what....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships