Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:47 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

He is weak and doesn't take you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 05:21 AM

314 posts, read 719,045 times
The only other thing I can think of for this cat and mouse game is he plans to have you waiting when he gets back. Gives him someone to date while he settles in again. I am with the group who says move on and don't look back. Unless he is in the hospital comatose there is NO excuse for this behavior.
Good luck, you deserve better.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:27 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
He might have been living a double life and have somebody else in LA. That might explain the reason why there's no communication, he probably disconnected his phone to prevent you to call him while he is with hte other one. Also notice that he would call you every couple of days (maybe at his convinience when he's away from the other one).
My advice is just drop him like a bad habit.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:23 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
He might have been living a double life and have somebody else in LA. That might explain the reason why there's no communication, he probably disconnected his phone to prevent you to call him while he is with hte other one. Also notice that he would call you every couple of days (maybe at his convinience when he's away from the other one).
My advice is just drop him like a bad habit.
I think Mr.Cat migh be onto something here

Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I think Mr.Cat migh be onto something here

I know this not because I've done it but some of my friends have.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
most men are cowards when it comes to ending it. they assume we will fall apart and cry forever if they break up with us. But, the funny thing is, I was much better off without you and you did me a favor! that's how you have to approach it. any guy that behaves this way to you and treats you this way does not deserve you.
Just forget all about him, change your number and move on. Don't go to myspace and all that, just drop him!! done. over. end of story.
One thing that amazes me is how much thought goes into the relationship after something like this. Usually, there is so much wonder about what happened, etc.
For me, once this happens, it's over. He's already demonstrated to you that he wants to end it, since he has no b****s to speak of, he did the cowardly (typical male) thing and tried to wither away. Well, let him go and good bye! who cares! Move on with your life, don't give him or the relationship a second thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
I have several of my own speculations but I'm just curious as to what you guys think is going on here?

My boyfriend and I have been together for six months. The last four months have been long distance while he is living in LA to take care of some legal business lol (I live in Vegas). He is supposed to move back here when all is said and done. The long distance idea wasn't very attractive to me, but he really wanted to try it and said it would work if we both wanted it to. The first three months were great. His finances out there started becoming really bad and his cell phone got turned off.. this was our only method of communication. For the first two weeks, he would find a way to call me every couple of days and seemed sad that we weren't able to talk more. At the end of the second week, I was going out to LA for a work meeting (plus it was my birthday). He said that he wouldn't be able to see me while I was there because of work. I was disappointed and he didn't seem to really care. I wasn't okay with him being so careless about seeing me and planned on telling him but the jerk didn't even call me on my birthday! I was really sad and angry.. He called the day after my birthday but I wasn't able to answer. A few days later, when I was back in Vegas, I looked at his MySpace and he had taken me off his top friends and had taken the pictures of us together off. I messaged him asking him if I was going to get an explanation about this or was he just going to disappear. A few days later, he still hadn't checked my message and I was ready to move on, so I messaged him again telling him that I could put two and two together and not to worry about it. Then I receive a message from him telling me not to be crazy.. that his page had been hacked and for me to chill the hell out. I didn't respond. I don't believe him because what hacker would take off only MY pictures and take only ME off of his top friends.

To me, he is clearly over it and I consider myself single now. I know that men can be cowards about ending relationships, but why wouldn't he just use the long distance thing as a reason to end it? He likes to remain friends with his exes so why wouldn't he want to end it amicably? What do you guys think is going on on his end? Just curious.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:53 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
He sounds like a child.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
I have several of my own speculations but I'm just curious as to what you guys think is going on here?

My boyfriend and I have been together for six months. The last four months have been long distance while he is living in LA to take care of some legal business lol (I live in Vegas). He is supposed to move back here when all is said and done. The long distance idea wasn't very attractive to me, but he really wanted to try it and said it would work if we both wanted it to. The first three months were great. His finances out there started becoming really bad and his cell phone got turned off.. this was our only method of communication. For the first two weeks, he would find a way to call me every couple of days and seemed sad that we weren't able to talk more. At the end of the second week, I was going out to LA for a work meeting (plus it was my birthday). He said that he wouldn't be able to see me while I was there because of work. I was disappointed and he didn't seem to really care. I wasn't okay with him being so careless about seeing me and planned on telling him but the jerk didn't even call me on my birthday! I was really sad and angry.. He called the day after my birthday but I wasn't able to answer. A few days later, when I was back in Vegas, I looked at his MySpace and he had taken me off his top friends and had taken the pictures of us together off. I messaged him asking him if I was going to get an explanation about this or was he just going to disappear. A few days later, he still hadn't checked my message and I was ready to move on, so I messaged him again telling him that I could put two and two together and not to worry about it. Then I receive a message from him telling me not to be crazy.. that his page had been hacked and for me to chill the hell out. I didn't respond. I don't believe him because what hacker would take off only MY pictures and take only ME off of his top friends.

To me, he is clearly over it and I consider myself single now. I know that men can be cowards about ending relationships, but why wouldn't he just use the long distance thing as a reason to end it? He likes to remain friends with his exes so why wouldn't he want to end it amicably? What do you guys think is going on on his end? Just curious.
People do not do things for one reason...but many...
yes, he is a coward for not ending it, but if he has a history of doing this with girls/women, he might be back if he grows tired of his new dish of the day. He sounds to me, like a player, like he's simply grown tired of you and gone on to someone else. He doesn't want to end it with you, b/c he fears going face to face with you...and amicable is not in his own personal dictionary.

also, believe me, he will be back, again and again, as long as you allow him to use you and treat you like this.

If I were you, I'd move on, immediately, b/c you deserve so much more.

Creme

Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Not sure if this is just the spin-off to another thread that was very similar about 4 weeks'ish back of a guy who did not call for her birthday. Totally sounds like another woman is involved. Stay single and be grateful that you got out with your dignity in tact. Good wishes to you.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:00 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Definitely dump the guy. Poor finances, legal problems and MySpace? Please, not even worth your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships