Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,514,708 times

Advertisements

I am a very touchy feely, gropie, smoochie, huggie kind a gal. My husband wasn't that way when we first met but within a few dates he was grabbing for my hand, smooching me both on the cheek and lips yet he is a bit more refined than me -he doesn't grope me in public. I have no class though, before I grab his hand I reach for his really cute butt first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
I am a very touchy feely, gropie, smoochie, huggie kind a gal. My husband wasn't that way when we first met but within a few dates he was grabbing for my hand, smooching me both on the cheek and lips yet he is a bit more refined than me -he doesn't grope me in public. I have no class though, before I grab his hand I reach for his really cute butt first.
*Throws up*

Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,514,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
PDA are incredibly disrespectful and disgusting to others. My grandfather is German and says it's one of the most important signs of politeness. One day my grandmother put her hand on his hand in front of us. His icy blue eyes turned into Siberian cold.

Your grandfather is one cold man!!!! My parents always showed open affection for each other so that their children could understand a LOVING relationship. If more folks were like your grandfather this world would be a very, very cold place with a bunch of harsh robots never showing anyone affection.

Personally I love to see two people holding hands in public - especially if they are senior citizens.

I feel sorry for you because it seems as if your grandfather has really messed with your mind concerning LOVE!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,692,631 times
No because it's none of your business.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Your grandfather is one cold man!!!! My parents always showed open affection for each other so that their children could understand a LOVING relationship. If more folks were like your grandfather this world would be a very, very cold place with a bunch of harsh robots never showing anyone affection.

Personally I love to see two people holding hands in public - especially if they are senior citizens.

I feel sorry for you because it seems as if your grandfather has really messed with your mind concerning LOVE!!!!
Just in public, I don't know how they were like in private of course. But he was crying his eyes out at her funeral.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,727 times
Yes

Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
I don't "display" anything for others but I do do what I feel.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
Quote:

I am two ways about this.
I agree that grandpa may have overdone it, yet sometimes willfully not touching builds up sexual tension. I have known people for whom the outward expression of emotion did not easily manifest, but I felt very loved by them. I do think that if you are close you pick up on each other in some psychic way. I hope I don't come off as too odd by saying that.

Sometimes, by restraining a lot of obvious outward demonstration, you can become more sensitive and attuned to each other.

If you observe some other animals, cats come to mind, some are very touchy-feely and others like being close, but not touching. I have never felt less love from the latter. We each have different temperaments.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I am two ways about this.
I agree that grandpa may have overdone it, yet sometimes willfully not touching builds up sexual tension. I have known people for whom the outward expression of emotion did not easily manifest, but I felt very loved by them. I do think that if you are close you pick up on each other in some psychic way. I hope I don't come off as too odd by saying that.

Sometimes, by restraining a lot of obvious outward demonstration, you can become more sensitive and attuned to each other.

If you observe some other animals, cats come to mind, some are very touchy-feely and others like being close, but not touching. I have never felt less love from the latter. We each have different temperaments.
My grandfather is the most ruthless guy you can imagine. Yet everyone in the family is very fond of him. Strange, huh?

Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Oh no...I am gay and I would never show any form of PDA! About as close as I would get is a hug hello or goodbye, since that can be accepted btw males in certain cultures, or is familiar enough that might not cause too much concern.

Holding hands?....no way! Kissing or a peck on the cheek? Absolutely not in public.

A surefire way to get stares and catcalls.
Are you from Dubai or the middle east or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships