Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,798 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I agree with everyone. He's manipulating you, sounds like he's just using you for what you can do for him. Just cut off all contact. He'll fade away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 01:31 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I have known a particular guy for about 2 years now. However, I have only met this guy once in a Bar, and we didnt even recognize/speak to each other until...a few months later we met online. We called each other about once or twice a week for months discussing things about our field of work.

Long story short, he ended up in jail last year. Since then, we have written about 10 letters back and forth over the months.

But, the problem is I no longer live in Florida and am not planning to live there anytime soon. He also isnt planning on moving to where I am either. He sends me all of these sad letters about how bad it is in prison and that no one had written him and it makes me feel terrible. This week, I just got a letter with a request to send him money, which I cant do.

I want to end this 'friendship' (thats all it is, nothing more) because I cant relate to him any longer and we never even met before and Im starting to feel overwhelmed by the sad letters and requests to send things to him and contact people he knows. How can I just end it already?
Ok, so after reading what everyone else has had to say, I must say that I agree. I'm not sure what he is in there for, but I would write a letter, stating that you are moving, leave it at that and never contact him again. Move without forwarding your address or phone number or any of that info that he could use to track you down. He will move on and find someone else to latch himself onto.
Good luck!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
You cannot send packages into FL. Not allowed. Only stamps, envelopes, paper, and money into their account.

In fact, the pretty redhead I wrote to is not in FL, but in TN , maybe rules are different in the prison system there.
Is this the gal that is now in TX???

Old 12-25-2008, 02:47 PM

43 posts, read 82,311 times
Don't get involved with anyone with a crimical record and jail time. Don't be dumb. Yeh best to end this and any contact with him - never answere phone calls from him or letters. Change phone no if necessary.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
That isn't kind or concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationpromise View Post
Don't get involved with anyone with a crimical record and jail time. Don't be dumb. Yeh best to end this and any contact with him - never answere phone calls from him or letters. Change phone no if necessary.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:21 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,593 times
What's the address, I'll tell him to stop.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:36 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
As somebody who works with inmates and corrisponds with them I am torn by these threads. Everytime I work with guys I really don't have any problems. When I write back and forth with females they start steering right up heart strings river. And When I compair notes with my outside female counterparts they have the same experiance with the males. These people are sitting around with a lot of time on their hands, they read books, they bounce ideas for letters off fellow inmates, they share successes and failures. Given time and friends to show my letter to, I can take my feeble writing and have a team work on my responcs and walla...fantastic heartwrenching, greatest, sweetest man ever letter.

In the movie classics where the shy guy has a helper help him write the letters to the girl, one guy helping has the girl swooning, imagine having ten or more jail house love letter editors at your disposal?

Old 12-12-2010, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,996 times
well i am 19 i meet this wonderful man in jail to me he was my dream come true he was everything i had ask for he treated me so bad i dont know why we fall for men like that we dated for about 2 years its been 9 months and i still cant forget him what can i do??

Old 12-13-2010, 01:00 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
Lol i think some types of women are just suckers for this sorta thing. They are the same type who end up getting killed, abused, and/or used. To be honest theres not much you can do for these type of people since most of the time they don't listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships