Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:25 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I know about toxic...
?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do you mean you like tank tops on a guy or you use to like to wear them??
Because I meant I like to see guys in tank tops as long as they are fit.
Well if you put it that way then I"d have to say both lol. and yes I totally agree they'd have to have the body for it. lol

Old 12-04-2008, 05:40 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
Default There is a woman at my job...

who is a domineeering B**** who others claim is attracted to me but I hate her. I'm a passive type (well maybe I just think I am but really am not??). I think it's a bunch of BS--i think that no one else wants her so she likes me thru default. Honestly if i had to be married to someone like this I would commit suicide

Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Honestly if i had to be married to someone like this I would commit suicide
You don't have to do that...it'll happen naturally

Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
I read the thread title, and your first post...thats it.
Pu$$y.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:15 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
I wouldn't call him a man but I worked with a guy years ago that was a total wuss at home and on the phone with his wife. She used to belittle him in front of his kids and coworkers and so did his wifes mom. I never really took the time to get to know him but some of us went to his house one day for beers and to shoot pool and when his wife showed up early he went all white in the face and told us we had to leave...lol

Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I think you might be a bit exteeme though.....of course we want a strong man....but to a point where he's an arrogant bastard?? probably not There needs to be a balance....as with anything in life.

and for the last friggin time......Jerks do not ALWAYS get the hot chicks your statment would ring true if you replaced always with "sometimes" and hot chick's with "crazy's" hahaha

Nothin' but luv Jon
Fair enough, but girls date "jerks" because they are much more interesting than nice guys. There is really nothing beneath the surface of a guy who is just nice all of the time, no mystery, no intrigue. You know what makes him tick and it's boring as hell. On the other hand, a guy who is a jerk is more interesting to most girls -- what makes him tick, why is he this way, how can I fix him? Girls like that idea, a lot of them, trying to turn the bad boy good. I don't know why this is, I'm not a nice guy in that respect. I don't care why something's wrong with a girl, I don't want to fix her, I want to dump her and move on to the next girl who isn't crazy

I've seen enough girls dating jerks and douchebags to know how it works, even girl friends of mine, and it always confused me, especially when I really was Mr. Nice Guy. I was always there to be the friend when she had a fight with the boyfriend, or help with her homework, or talk, but I was never the boyfriend. I got tired of getting dumped all over and became the jerk, not to say I can't be nice but I'm not here to be anyone's Mr. Nice Guy, I had enough of that in the past from girls who didn't appreciate it, and they never do really.

A lot of girls are unfortunately horribly predictable. I'm sure that girls think the same thing of guys, but I respect the way guys are predictable and think the ways that girls are predictable are annoying, so I'm sexist in that respect and I'll fess up to it. But for instance, girls probably assume guys are always trying to get in their pants. We are, it's true. Very predictable. But I see so many girls who have this overriding desire to "help other people" and feel this weird sense of guilt over not volunteering more or going out of their way to help people, join random causes, etc. I also notice the grass is always greener on the other side. I've never talked to or known a single guy who went on a foreign exchange program for a semester. Not one!!! And I know A LOT of people. But off the top of my head I can name about 10 girls who have. My sister was like this from the time she was 10, romanticizing Italy as if it was some magical land where bad things don't happen. I've never seen a guy act that way. Or girls going "awww" when they see a baby or something stupid like that. Predictability is annoying and boring. Maybe one reason that girls like a jerk is because at least his behavior is less predictable. A nice guy is always going to bend over backwards to do nice things for her, but a jerk is USUALLY a jerk, THEN does nice things for her, which catches her by surprise and seems really sweet *in contrast* to his usual behavior. It's surprising and unpredictable, and in her mind shows "deep down" he really isn't such a jerk, after all.

So I can't say I blame some girls for falling for guys like that. I don't like nice girls much myself, either. It's annoying. I am anti-religious, I don't want a family, and I like making fun of stupid things. I love a cynical girl who is sarcastic like I am, likes poking fun at people, and lacks a lot of the nonsense "nurturing" properties that the average girl has. Then when she is sweet to me, I know it means something because she isn't just sweet to everyone, she doesn't go volunteer at homeless shelters, she isn't a bleeding heart liberal, so when she is nice and does something sweet it has greater meaning and isn't so predictable and boring. Because that bores me, and I really don't like to be bored. I'm like House in that respect -- anything but boredom, please!

Old 12-06-2008, 09:41 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Fair enough, but girls date "jerks" because they are much more interesting than nice guys. There is really nothing beneath the surface of a guy who is just nice all of the time, no mystery, no intrigue. You know what makes him tick and it's boring as hell. On the other hand, a guy who is a jerk is more interesting to most girls -- what makes him tick, why is he this way, how can I fix him? Girls like that idea, a lot of them, trying to turn the bad boy good.
Oh, yeah, the "fixing" issue is a huge one. It all boils down to control. The thing is that almost every chick I have known that marries a "bad boy" later regrets it. She didn't change him, they parted ways and she has kids by the a-hole. Then, what's interesting is how, some 20+ years later, these chicks are nice to the clean-cut, student council, A-student types whose lives are fairly uncomplicated....because they have to be. They either must be in denial or totally clueless that their brand of complications isn't interesting to that person. NEXT!

Old 12-06-2008, 11:35 AM

44 posts, read 144,821 times
Men like dominate women. If they didn't websites like victory girls and scissor vixens wouldn't exist.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
omg that is hilarious......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I never really took the time to get to know him but some of us went to his house one day for beers and to shoot pool and when his wife showed up early he went all white in the face and told us we had to leave...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships