Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

What good are you? Promoting people to do an illegal substance that eventually leads to absent mindedness and cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Alcohol is a dangerous drug.

Stop drinking now before it's too late.

Switch to smoking weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 05:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
How did you end up becoming an alcoholic? I used to be a strictly social drinker, almost teetotaler cuz so few social events I'm interested in actually require me to drink. But now I find myself begin to enjoy the dizziness, if not the drunkenness as a result of alcohol consumption. As a result, I almost always picked up a six pack, or a bottle of gin, bourbon or scotch every time I went grocery shopping over the past few weeks. I still can't force me to like alcohol though, to me, the best tasting drink is ice water. Anyway, Am I on a slippery slope? Am I in danger of becoming a daily drinker? I'm all for having a good time, but I would never allow myself to be under the thumb of anybody , anything or any substance?
Sounds like you're already being controlled to me.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times
I started drinking when I was 13 years old. I grew up in North Jersey where there was a bar on every corner. I was a young kid who hung out with the older kids and I enjoyed all the negative attention it gave me in front of my peers.

I soon moved up the ladder to pills and poweders. My saving grace at the time was that I had seen many friends OD and I knew not to over-do the amounts I consumed. But, it was the alcohol that was the root of my problems. It made me fearless. Fearless enough to walk though Harlem or the South Bronx in the middle of the night. Going into drug dens knowing full well I might not come out or I might get robbed or beat up. I had a girl friend who was so out of it she got into a strangers car in a drug area and he held he captive for a week. Burnt her torched her and he just before he was about to kill her. He went into the bathroom and she somehow kicked his door open ran into the streets naked and got rescued.

Yet through that, through being beat up by cops, it was many years later when I finally by the grace of God quit once and for all. I went to an AA meeting and just knowing there was helped me a lot. I did relaps many times but I now have over six years sober. I only go to meetings now when someone invites me or if someone reaches out for help from me.

There is a very serious drug sub culture out there and believe me its not going away anytime soon. I hope if you or any of your loved ones where never part of it your gratefull that you aren't. Because it happens even in the best of familys.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:49 PM

9 posts, read 7,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahncss View Post
Waving a red flag for you. If you have to come on this forum and ask, I think you already know the answer. Of course you're in danger and if you don't want to allow yourself to be controlled by a substance, back off of it now.
I agree with this poster.

If you had said you tried ONCE to find out what it was about, like what you Alcoholic/Drug Addict Spouse got out of it, I would understand b/c I tried once to see what it was about.

Was a total disgusting mess & where as, He had me to help him when He was sick & making a disgusting mess, I had noone.

I woke up, at home, alone in my own disgusting mess with the Cat & Dog laying next to & on me, in my vomit & worse, both of them looking worried & trying to warm my frozen body up where I passed out on the ice cold floor with winter wind & snow whipping below the floor in the crawl space & through the open window, which I opened b/c it was too hot.

The worst headache ever. Even getting Migraines later in life, could not compare.

In addition, I STILL to this day do NOT understand what He got out of it. Once was enough for me.

The thing that concerns me is you describe doing this daily. What changed in your life that you now walk a dangerous road?

To me, you are rapidly becoming an Alcoholic. Also, the fact you have to ask about it in addition to describing enjoying the effects is, definitely, indeed a red flag. I hope you have gotten some help since you posted this. . . praying for you.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I started drinking when I was 13 years old. I grew up in North Jersey where there was a bar on every corner. I was a young kid who hung out with the older kids and I enjoyed all the negative attention it gave me in front of my peers.

I soon moved up the ladder to pills and poweders. My saving grace at the time was that I had seen many friends OD and I knew not to over-do the amounts I consumed. But, it was the alcohol that was the root of my problems. It made me fearless. Fearless enough to walk though Harlem or the South Bronx in the middle of the night. Going into drug dens knowing full well I might not come out or I might get robbed or beat up. I had a girl friend who was so out of it she got into a strangers car in a drug area and he held he captive for a week. Burnt her torched her and he just before he was about to kill her. He went into the bathroom and she somehow kicked his door open ran into the streets naked and got rescued.

Yet through that, through being beat up by cops, it was many years later when I finally by the grace of God quit once and for all. I went to an AA meeting and just knowing there was helped me a lot. I did relaps many times but I now have over six years sober. I only go to meetings now when someone invites me or if someone reaches out for help from me.

There is a very serious drug sub culture out there and believe me its not going away anytime soon. I hope if you or any of your loved ones where never part of it your gratefull that you aren't. Because it happens even in the best of familys.
G-d Bless you & your GF. May you both have many years sober & safe. I hope your GF is also, safe, sober & has gotten help for her truamatic suffering.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Or you might be doing it other ways, you might be such a self centered arrogant jerk you're drivig everybody away slowly, resentfully till maybe the one you loved most now hates you. It doesn't have to be job loss or DWI's. You might be holding people hostage in your life without a rope or a gun.
I agree. My late Husband did not see this. This was happening long b4 getting DUI's, Missing work, Missing Family events, etc. Even then, he still did not get it.

Sadly, he ended up being the Drunk Driver that killed Him. Blessedly, I was not with him. I could never get the keys from him, he was too strong. . .Still he never got it and He left many shattered lives of people whom loved him, behind.

It has been 20+ years and, I still wake & go to sleep missing Him so damn bad!!!

For what??? He robbed both of us & our loved ones, too.

Have I tried again?
Yes.
Unfortunately, there is always something missing and I may love the person, but our differences get between us, and I do not fall in love with them.

I also, seem to attract other addicts, being Co-Dependent. I addressed this in another Thread/Post. Bottom line, never again. I am looking for a Non-user. Not having any luck there, but that is what I am looking for. . .

Old 09-12-2014, 01:22 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Not many, here, but those that are can help you.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:48 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
I don't do drink alcohol.

We are out there.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:51 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Im an alcoholic but I haven't taken a sip in 7 months. Man, I was out of control for a couple of years as I drank about 2 fifth's a night before getting up to go to work. But the alcohol took a tole on me since I am barely 30 and I feel like 50

Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,786 times
am I in the relationships forum?

I consider myself on the higher limit of social drinker.

imagine a dating site for alcoholics...that would be something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy
Alcohol is a dangerous drug.

Stop drinking now before it's too late.

Switch to smoking weed
weed would be perfect if it wasn't for the munchies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships