Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM_Slater View Post
Well my wife left her job to stay at home with the baby when he was 4 months old. He is now 15 months old. I work a full time job and a part time job to make the money to pay all the bills. I am also a good father and a husband. When I'm off work i'm at home with my wife and son. I love spending time with them. But my wife will just lose it over something small and it is like a nuclear explosion. When she is upset about something I can't say anything at all or " I am argueing with her". Even if the thing i say is not argueing. One time she was yelling at the 15 month old for getting in to stuff and said " I swear I am going to kill ****". Now I don't believe she would ever do this. But I got mad at her and said dont say things like this. At this point the entire situation went completly bad. She started saying i need to find another place to sleep tonight and she hates me and I am to never tell her what to do. She also says we need a divorce everytime we have an arguement. I mean people argue why does it have to be that serious for every arguement? We are in our 2nd year of marraige so we are gettin to the point where we get irratated by things the other does sometimes (IMO this is normal for anyone that lives together for long periods of time.). I can't talk to her about this stuff becuase she get defensive and aggressive. Please let me know what you think.

A lot of women can feel really isolated and alone when they stay at home. It happened with my mother, and I know my dad dealt with a lot of the same things. Seriously, just let her know how much you appreciate what she's doing, and let her know she's the only girl for you. She probably doesn't feel very wifely in jeans and a t-shirt caring for junior all day. Go get a massage for her, make her go out with friends, offer to stay home with the baby for a while.

Or better yet, tell her that you've noticed she's seemed a bit stressed and ask what you can do to make her life easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 06:01 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM_Slater View Post
Well my wife left her job to stay at home with the baby when he was 4 months old. He is now 15 months old. I work a full time job and a part time job to make the money to pay all the bills. I am also a good father and a husband. When I'm off work i'm at home with my wife and son. I love spending time with them. But my wife will just lose it over something small and it is like a nuclear explosion. When she is upset about something I can't say anything at all or " I am argueing with her". Even if the thing i say is not argueing. One time she was yelling at the 15 month old for getting in to stuff and said " I swear I am going to kill ****". Now I don't believe she would ever do this. But I got mad at her and said dont say things like this. At this point the entire situation went completly bad. She started saying i need to find another place to sleep tonight and she hates me and I am to never tell her what to do. She also says we need a divorce everytime we have an arguement. I mean people argue why does it have to be that serious for every arguement? We are in our 2nd year of marraige so we are gettin to the point where we get irratated by things the other does sometimes (IMO this is normal for anyone that lives together for long periods of time.). I can't talk to her about this stuff becuase she get defensive and aggressive. Please let me know what you think.
Unfortunately, there are no quick fixes to these types of problems. My best advice is for both of you to go see a marriage counselor, if not for the both of you, than for the well-being of your new child. If she won't go, I suggest you start seeing someone by yourself in order to get your head straight and to figure out what direction you want to take next.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
I remember being like that in my early 20s. I'll be honest, I did it because, in my raging immaturity and insecurity, I didn't know--outside of sex--how else to get my husband's attention to save my life. I learned quickly that getting angry got his attention. Pathetic. One reason I'd never go back to my 20s even if I could.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
My SO thinks that having an argument where I yell, is reason for him to break up with me. Then after some time, he comes back apologizing for everything and saying i'm right about everything. He seems to get some satisfaction from taking his little breaks, cus he's willing to go there over anything almost. If he keeps this up, I'm going to find me a new guy I can actually spend enough time with that I'll be having sex with on a regular basis, not every blue moon.

I cant stand him.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:32 PM

197 posts, read 397,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaholic View Post
No, but I used to be like that. About 10 years ago, I would be fine & then just flip out over the stupidest things. Now, granted some of it was attributed to pms...BUT I discovered quite by accident that my body couldnt tolerate sugar. The more sugar & sweets I ate the bitchier I became. I tried the Atkins low carb diet & found that without sugar, i was really a sweet person underneath.

Or.... she just might not like you..... just kidding..
Wow sugar?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:34 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,803 times
I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to not get yelled at.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:26 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
Wow...I'm surprised none of the posters killed their mates by the way they're replies go. Seriously, I wish my s/o would come at me wrong for some petty stuff. I have more than enough ammunition to put her in her place. I don't care if it's PMS/Menopause, period or whatever. If my s/o came at me sideways, there will be trouble. I'll just hit below the belt and walk away, let her look stupid blowing up at herself.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,616 times
Sounds like something is up with her, be it sugar or a major need for Prozac or Zoloft or whatever they make for that.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:47 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,016 times
This happened to me about one year ago.

I was the flipper-outter, and DH was the bewildered pin and needle walker.

1. I didn't know I was doing this.
2. I had a medical condition that went undiagnosed.
3. My moods were the red flags that was signaling to everyone there was a problem, everyone but me!
4. After husband noticed this was not usual for me, he politely suggested we do our yearly exams to make sure in our age, we were working like clockwork.
5. DH met with doctor and explained in private my mood swings. (found out later)
6. Diagnosed with high blood pressure, and hormone imbalance.
7. Got on meds, still had some issues, but worked them out.
8. even keel now, feel great, and no more pins and needles.

Suggesting to a woman that something is wrong hormonally while they are in the throws of shank-dom, is not a safe thing.

Get her checked out some how. Could be she is keeping something hurtful inside her psyche that needs counseling to pull it out.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,616 times
I am going through something similar myself, and to be honest I think most of the time I am just overwhelmed. If it's just me and the kids and noone else's problems or needs are thrown in to the mix, I am fine. Since I've started going to the gym and getting that two hours to myself it's made a huge difference.
My thyroid, blood pressure, and hormone levels are all fine btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships