Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,977,505 times

Advertisements

I live in the surroundings Sierra described - yet I am still not that much of a happy camper. But I wouldn't kick some young hot stud outta bed for eating crackers, ya know???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
hottest new sport for wealthy american women who vacation in the caribbean, local pretty boy rental. local 3rd world pretty boys can be rented at blue light special prices without the back home gossip about your dark skinned extremely young honey.
the things women used to find so despicable in men when i was a kid, they now do.
the mantra of the 21st century, im not so bad.

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Maybe women are wired to seek men who are the best able to provide, just like men are wired to chase women with large breast and hips for "child bearing".
Well, that's more the case in the context of looking for a spouse.

Quote:
Or is it that when you're too broke to pay your rent that you're also not as interested in sex?
Yep, that's what I'm driving at. And you're worried, anxious, irritable... and none of those contribute to patience, romance, and relaxation.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
Why do men feel that they are "entitled" to date a gorgeous woman (regardless of what they have to offer them) yet these same women are not entitled to use their beauty to secure the best situation for herself.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am always fascinated when people are "confused" about the way the world works.

Men want beautiful women. The more money a man has the more beautiful the woman he can afford to have. (while this is not 100%, it holds true for most)

Women want to feel secure, protected and cared for (although many feminist types will disagree this is also for the most part true) The more attractive a woman, the better her selection of men who can be a good provider.

Why is this a mystery to anyone?

Men are for ever asking if women only date for money. They want to date beautiful women while living in their parents basement and driving a Pinto. Then they call women goldiggers for wanting more than they can afford offer.

Men date the best looking women they can afford and women date the wealthiest men their looks attract.
I'm not "confused" at all. What I'm saying is that it's not about money per se - it's about the romance and sensuality it can provide. And as I often have my foot in my mouth anyway, I care to admit it. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I live in the surroundings Sierra described - yet I am still not that much of a happy camper. But I wouldn't kick some young hot stud outta bed for eating crackers, ya know???
Chances are you wouldn't be in the same surroundings with the young hot stud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
hottest new sport for wealthy american women who vacation in the caribbean, local pretty boy rental. local 3rd world pretty boys can be rented at blue light special prices without the back home gossip about your dark skinned extremely young honey.
He-he, perhaps... I don't see any reason to go there only for that. It can definitely be done at home, too.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm not "confused" at all. What I'm saying is that it's not about money per se - it's about the romance and sensuality it can provide. And as I often have my foot in my mouth anyway, I care to admit it. That's all.

Chances are you wouldn't be in the same surroundings with the young hot stud...

He-he, perhaps... I don't see any reason to go there only for that. It can definitely be done at home, too.
los angeles, city of the fallen angels, from court and spark joni mitchell, sing it.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,148,984 times
Quote:
Money and the alleged women's desire to get their little hands on men's money has been a hot topic many times on this forum, so I decided to start this thread.

How do you feel about the connection between wealth and sensuality? We all like to escape to nice resorts once in a while, indulge, bask in luxury, and it feels good, doesn't it? It would feel even better if it happens more often or perhaps permanently. All worries go away, you're in a good mood, you're open to sharing sweet and romantic times, your libidos go up and you enjoy each other a whole lot more than during you regular trivial life. Can anybody honestly deny that?

Being financially comfortable also greases the wheels of otherwise not that good of a marriage. Many of the sources of arguments simply go away and you live like on a permanent vacation - in a good and relaxed mood. Back in St. Olaf we have this saying - when poverty goes through the door love leaves through the chimney. To a big extend it's true. Or at least it contributes quite a bit to the deterioration of a relationship that might've not been that great, but could've survived under different circumstances.

Let's take the show The Bachelor, for example. Even though most men on it have been more or less successful, few (if any) of them live in surroundings such as those on the show on a regular basis. Do these women who go ga-ga over them fall in love with them or with the lifestyle? Well, other factors play here, too, of course - the cattiness and competitiveness of this type of women, but that's not my angle here. It's easy to get used to and "fall in love" with an attractive lifestyle, isn't it? Does anybody not love being around gorgeous pools, inviting spas, swaying palm trees, cozy fireplaces, etc., etc. luxuries? Beauty is appealing in each and every form. Do you all honestly can say you're above it, men included?
Of course that would be nice, but the reason it is nice is because it's limited. Because we can't have it every day or every week or sometimes even every month we will always want more of that in which is limited or not "typical" for our life styles. This actually reminds me of when my parents took me back to their hometown in Long Island, NY.....I was like when I saw where they lived....litterally 50 feet from the long island sound...white beaches and green everywhere! I was seriously in awe because i've lived in Az my entire life....I kept asking them why the hell they moved us here to the desert.....they said when they visited here it was paradise...the mountains, the cactus, the palm tree's etc... to me that sounds crazy but it further proves my point that we ALWAYS want what we can't have. The crazy part is........it never ends.....

Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,977,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Of course that would be nice, but the reason it is nice is because it's limited. Because we can't have it every day or every week or sometimes even every month we will always want more of that in which is limited or not "typical" for our life styles. This actually reminds me of when my parents took me back to their hometown in Long Island, NY.....I was like when I saw where they lived....litterally 50 feet from the long island sound...white beaches and green everywhere! I was seriously in awe because i've lived in Az my entire life....I kept asking them why the hell they moved us here to the desert.....they said when they visited here it was paradise...the mountains, the cactus, the palm tree's etc... to me that sounds crazy but it further proves my point that we ALWAYS want what we can't have. The crazy part is........it never ends.....
I get it. I live around palm trees, resorts, lush greenery, mountain views, fabulous shopping, ad nauseum. I used to like to come here when I lived in Los Angeles. Now I am here 24/7/365. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I get to live in it every day, so it's not that special to me anymore. But - I will say this ... after having lived in HELL (aka San Antonio, TX) for 9 months, I don't take where I live for granted anymore. I love living here!

Old 12-03-2008, 08:31 PM

656 posts, read 2,738,759 times
Quote:
Well, that's more the case in the context of looking for a spouse.

Yep, that's what I'm driving at. And you're worried, anxious, irritable... and none of those contribute to patience, romance, and relaxation.
sierraAZ this thread brings up a lot of good points
As you say its a lot easier to get in a the mood if your in the right environment.Spending your days in Luxury Resorts are exactly the type of environment that would get you in the mood.Not spending your days working hard worrying how your going to pay your bills.
So the Answer should be simple,marry into wealth right?
Well its never that simple.You would think people who marry in their early 20's would find it harder than those who marry in their late 30's.The Rich should be happily married the Poor should be unhappily married.But why is he divorce rate still the same?The problem is the more you earn the more you want.If you won the lottery and brought a big house/car/boat it wouldn't take long before you wanted a bigger house/car/boat.You still end up working as hard as ever.Sadly this is human nature.What lola8822 ^ is saying is true we always want what we can't have.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,706,525 times
A woman the other day asked me if she could borrow 2 bucks................I felt used and violated

All you women think about is one thing................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships