Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 05:23 AM

5 posts, read 3,755 times

Advertisements

when it's about union of two lovers, love isn't enough to get things work or last. it takes maturity, kindness, determination and times, good sense. Don't fall in love because you feel love or want to be in a relationship with this person. Love is great, wonderful but compared to what may come on your way after being married, hard times, problems etc, it would be better to take times to see if this person is really the right one that can make you happy all the way.

Last edited by Mr. Washington; 06-28-2016 at 06:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 07:16 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,367,100 times
Uhmmmmm, okay.

BTW--I disagree, I think. No one else is responsible for my happiness--not my husband, not my kids, not friends. I am responsible for my own happiness. The people in my life contribute to my happiness though.

And as someone that has been married for 30+ years I know, and don't expect, everyday with my spouse to be all rainbows and roses. Sometimes there are hard days, weeks, months, etc. It's the base of deep love that gets us through those difficult times. Love does matter.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:23 AM

237 posts, read 225,136 times
For me, a relationship must be based on mutual trust and respect.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:47 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,065,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Washington View Post
when it's about union of two lovers, love isn't enough to get things work or last. it takes maturity, kindness, determination and times, good sense. Don't fall in love because you feel love or want to be in a relationship with this person. Love is great, wonderful but compared to what may come on your way after being married, hard times, problems etc, it would be better to take times to see if this person is really the right one that can make you happy all the way.
Many fall in "lust" and mistake it for love.

Loved is learned thing between two people, it grows from with taking the time to get to know each other, sharing common values and beliefs.

Love isn't about going to bed together - it's about getting up together and facing what each day brings. It's about sharing the good and the bad. Being there for each other when it's time to celebrate, and when it's time to deal with problems.

It's liking each other; caring for each other. Accepting each other no matter how one looks or feels.

When the car breaks down, the plumbing goes bad, one or both are ill, money is tight, kids are driving you up the wall. . . everything that comes with living.

Love is not wearing rose-colored glasses and having false expectations of your partner. Or imagining what you want your partner to do or say.

It's respecting each other and tolerating each other.

Love should not be based on feelings because feelings change throughout the day. . . love is the foundation to always fall back on.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:50 AM

780 posts, read 679,512 times
Quote:

You say love isn't enough...it takes maturity, kindness, determination...to me, that is all part of love.

Love is kind, cares, shows respect, is determined to last (among many other things).

What do you think love is?

Old 06-28-2016, 09:02 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,700,162 times
I'm not a bible-thumper, but I believe it really defined it best.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[a] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Beyond this, for myself, I believe love involves giving more of yourself than you expect to receive in return.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:58 AM

458 posts, read 329,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I'm not a bible-thumper, but I believe it really defined it best.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[a] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Beyond this, for myself, I believe love involves giving more of yourself than you expect to receive in return.
I agree wholeheartedly. Just think of what a marriage of 20, 30, or even 40 years has endured. People talk about true love. I think all love is true, but not all love between two people is durable. Every time I see an instance of growth, a new dimension to a new or existing love, I think back to this scripture. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,013,443 times
I needed to read this so hard today.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,542,577 times
Quote:
Is this just a prep talk for those who are engaged mate or are considering being together for eternity?

Old 06-28-2016, 06:52 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,731,952 times
I don't know exactly what it is.

Everyone defines it differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships