Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:05 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times

Advertisements

Alrighty Everybody, take a deep breathe, exhaul slowly and absorb all this information. I remembered this thread and came back to follow-up on the conclusions. I must say it sure took a unique turn. Let's not keep these involved members in defensive state. OKay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Hmmm His dog is hungery and bothering him, in his rush and anxiety over a date with you, because he thinks so much of you he opens the bag and gives his dog a treat so he can think clearly about how he's going to ask you if you want to go on that mountain climbing trip with him to aspen....those socks being the lead in..but he see's that weird look on your face and thinks better, calls the travel agent and cancels and now sits home saying next time I'll just buy the 1.24 card.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:27 PM

7 posts, read 9,543 times
I have finally figured out where this whole thing went south.

She thought I was still trying to "woo" her when I wasn't. That's it! That is where we diverged.

After 4/5 dates and recieving no indications of reciprocal interest, then her dropping my calls and emails (i.e., not responding) I dropped the matter. I figured she wasn't interested in a romantic relationship with me. Damn! She kissed me with little more affection than she would a brother. I felt rejected. What guy wouldn't? My "wooing" mode ended here.

Two weeks go by that we have no contact.

Then I see her posts about being alone for T-Giving. I felt sympathy towards her. I understand that from personal experience, very personal. Virtually all my family is deceased. I'm fortunate to have very good friends I cherish and spend the Holidays with. I decided to suck-up my pride and invited her to join me and my friends for T-Day. She was sick and couldn't.

I also knew her B-Day was the next weekend. Again, feeling sympathy, because she has recently moved to the area and didn't have friends, and no plans for her b-Day. I invited her to join me at the wedding. I thought she would enjoy having a little fun on her B-Day, as opposed to sitting at home, and, she'd get to meet some great people and possibly make new friends. I was not in "wooing" mode, but, being aware of her financial constrictions, I did offer to get her a nice dress for the wedding. I thought it was a generous B-Day gift to offer to a new friend.

I was simply trying to be a friend and inclusive of her with my set plans. I had given up on any romance between us.

For the life of me, I can't see where I am "back peddling!"

If I offended by giving socks and dog treats as B-Day gifts (which I don't remember doing), I apologize.

I apologize for not clarifying that I was no longer in the "wooing" mode.

AND, I double, triple and quadruplely apologize for not having a B-Day card 30 minutes into the day (12:30am) of your (NOTAM) birthday. It was a deplorable gesture for even a friend. I make no excuses. I had my head up my anus.

I was simply trying to be a friend. Obviously it didn't work.

However, I found your original and subsequent posts to be offensive. They were not representative of what transpired.

Damn. I go outta my way to look over your vehicle (and it wasn't the first time), in an attempt to keep you from being nonmobile, and you find a way to chastise me for my effort? I just don't get that.

Unsolicited advice (which usually bites me on the ass, but what the hell):

I wish you the best in finding the right guy for you.

I would suggest that becoming "friends" with a guy could be much more effective in finding the right guy, as opposed to keeping a score card of how good of a "suitor" he is.

In addition, I would like to add: Although we obviously have our differences, if that cantankerous truck of yours every breaks down and leaves you stranded in the middle of nowhere, you have my number. I will help you in whatever way I can.

Levi

PS: Thanks for the compliments on my writing ablity. It bolster my confidence enough to contact the local newspaper. Who knows, I might become a regular contributor! *fingers crossed*

Last edited by Levi501s; 12-12-2008 at 08:18 PM..

Old 12-13-2008, 07:37 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
This whole issue could have been prevented if the OP had followed the advice in the old saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

GoEnglish.com Idioms = "Looking A Gift Horse In The Mouth" = Today's English Idioms

Being from Texas, I'd think that was relevant.

Levi - you just avoided a life with a loser. Your choice of gifts was an excellent one to show NOTAM's true character.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:48 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,787 times
I've heard of some pretty bad gifts, but these take the cake!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:07 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi501s View Post
PS: Thanks for the compliments on my writing ablity. It bolster my confidence enough to contact the local newspaper. Who knows, I might become a regular contributor! *fingers crossed*
Honey and in Burnet Texas, what exactly are you going to be writing about? You never answered why you also post as CentralTxman (or something like that) Also how in the world did you run across this thread??????????????????????????

Old 12-13-2008, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,683 times
I don't "know" that I will be writing about anything, yet. My idea is a resturant critic type column for a weekly newspaper. I enjoy cooking and have been a judge at several cookoffs.

In addition, I know a woman that used to be employed with a major news station from Austin. She left for a year, but has returned to the area and now working with the local paper. We have been in contact about my idea.

I was told by, uh, guess who?, that they post reguarly on this site. A simple search lead me to this thread. I initially joined under the same ID I use on the dating website where we met. I created a stealth ID when things started to get a lil wierd. Admittedly, not a very noble act, but the truth.

Hey look, I think the OP is a good person, has a good soul. We've all (at least by the time we're in our 40s) been through things that confuse us and rake us over the coals. Sometimes our best efforts to alter our pattern, and not make the same mistakes we have in the past, only leads to further complications. Sometimes the pendulum has to swing a while before the balance is found.

If we find we're on the same journey, often we can help each other and share the journey. If we find we're on different journeys, most often it's best not to share it, but we still have a choice to either leave a negative or positive influence on the other's journey.

I try to aviod negative karma. In other words, I'm old enough to know that compassion is one of the greatest gifts we can give another.

We've all got our crosses to bear, they're just different.

"But for the grace of God, there go I."

just a few philosophical thoughts...

Old 12-13-2008, 06:21 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
So Levi501 and CentexMan are the same poster? Dude, you know you aren't supposed to be doing that? I'm going to take back everything nice I said about you and move you to the freak ladder.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM

7 posts, read 9,543 times
So be it Ellie. It's the only time I've done something like this, but I feel if I hadn't (and I didn't have to admitt it) I wouldn't have learned what I did about NOTAM's feelings toward me. The timestamp thing.

Sorry you feel dissapointed in me. I am too.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Levi - a piece of advice. Next time you buy someone a gift, be it for a birthday or just as a gesture - don't open it before you hand it over.

Also, socks are never a good gift for anyone except maybe your grandpa.

Good luck to both of you in your search for love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships