Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:23 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Not judging but...do you happen to have issues with wanting the unattainable? If so, you wouldn't want her should she happen to become available again.

So next time you visit this church, repeat to yourself...
"Thy shall not covet another man's wife."
No. I have NEVER had issues with wanting women who were out of reach. I never had affairs with women who had boyfriends, fiancees, or husbands.

I don't even need to repeat that - when I'm there I say, "Thank you Lord for your grace upon this church, for the many good souls who are laboring, caring for the young flock here." Amidst other prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The term "window shopping" is inferring admiration...not acting on anything else...I never questioned your motives...no need to be defensive...
Sorry...it was more of a reaction to those who are saying I have dubious motives, and I see why you wrote this as I quoted ur response...

Old 12-08-2008, 08:36 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
There is nothing wrong with admiring someone and crushing someone. I get crushes sometimes and I'm married. I'm not going up to these people and hanging out but I do develop an admiration from afar sometimes.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Before you all who adhere to the sanctity of marriage line up to stone me, hear me out.

A few times this year, a friend of mine has invited me to his church. The first time I went, I spotted a very lovely lady. Pretty face, nice body.

OK, so now you guys really wanna burn me at the stake, don't you? I have a crush on a married woman and I looked at her body at church!!!!!

Well, it's not what you think. I wasn't sitting there with saliva drooping from my lips with lustful thoughts.

There are some rare, unique women who combine physical beauty with inner beauty, and that inner beauty shines out so strongly that it just stuns the men who see them. Well, consider me stunned.

This woman just got married this past summer, and in fact, my first visit to my friend's church was the week after her wedding. Every week I've gone, I see her spending a lot of time with children, helping them take their seats, caressing the hair of the young girls, and she also serves as a Sunday School teacher.

I was amazed by this woman's gracefulness, her lovely demeanor, her gracious aura. Now, did her physical beauty play no role in me taking a look at her when she wasn't looking? Of course it did. But any strip bar in any American city has women who have physical goods to make a man want to look, face and body... but none would ever have this woman's glow.

My friend said, "Sprawling, she just got married last week. You should've come here a few months ago, who knows?"

Since then I've visited a few times and every time I attend and see her, I quietly admire this uncommon combination of physical and inner beauty. Her husband, who also works at this church and seems like a very humble man, is a lucky man indeed.

You need help.

Serious help.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
You need help.

Serious help.
You need to lighten up.

To lighten up seriously.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
I don't think you need 'serious help'. I actually think it's kinda adorable. Just as long as you don't act on your crush.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Sprawling, I don't want to judge you too harshaly because your attraction to an attractive female is natural and normal, but it is a little creepy to state such flattering things about a recently married woman. On this forum, not as much -- if you can't express taboo feelings on an anonymous forum, where can you? -- but I wouldn't share my admiration of her too widely if I were you .. especially not in such flowery terms. It just seems a little "off" somehow.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
When I do see her, I simply admire her... from far away and quietly. IT does not mean I would ever do anything to compromise the sanctity of her marriage - or of ANYBODY's marriage.
I see nothing wrong with admiration and sharing it, either. Of course, ideally you'd admire the person you're in a relationship with (if I'm not mistaken you are...) or an available one, but you can't force yourself to admire somebody. Just look at this experience as your blueprint of the woman you'd like to be with yourself some day.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Your in church. Get your mind out of the gutter for Christ's sake.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:24 AM

656 posts, read 2,742,606 times
YOUR GOING TO HELL !!!

Just kidding

I think every one has done it at one time or another
All those that say differently are lying
If your married or their married doesn't suddenly mean
you go blind to another person's good qualities
Your also mature enough not to act on your admiration
There's nothing wrong with admiring from afar
It's not that your in love with her or anything

Though I wish you picked a different venue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships