Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Well in my college years from 18-21 I was almost the same as I am now. It's a genetic or developmental variant, just as gay guys are. The difference is that straight or gay, all those guys think about sex constantly. As for me, the few times I tried sex pretty much confirmed that it wasn't for me. People are freaked out by, or confused upon knowing me. There's also energy associated with this as no one ever tries to set me up on a date or hits on me. Perhaps being 6'7" tall scares them off. If someone's asexual, it seems to deter sexual advances, rather than fuel them.
I personally LOVE tall men! My last boyfriend was about 6'3", and I thought he was incredibly hot... also dated 2 guys around 6'5", and they were just right. Too bad they didn't have the right personalities to match, LOL. Anyway, I don't think you should give up yet, since you could meet the perfect tall-guy-loving woman tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 03:23 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
WOW! What's your secret? I can't get it out of my mind at times, no matter how much I'd love to "just say no!" LOL! Then again, perhaps it comes with the territory of being 20 and in college?

Perhaps my website can be of assisance? In your case, should I assume there can never be procreative mating? I plan to stay a virgin and wont be mating anyone of either gender, my website has all the facts to attest to the reason why choosing abstinence is the way to go. Wanna know what turns me on? Cuddling with a sweet woman that has ample curves
I will never marry and never mate for any reason because I dont want to procreate, dont want children. Do want to meet up with sweet women and date or just stay home and cuddle!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Well in my college years from 18-21 I was almost the same as I am now. It's a genetic or developmental variant, just as gay guys are. The difference is that straight or gay, all those guys think about sex constantly. As for me, the few times I tried sex pretty much confirmed that it wasn't for me. People are freaked out by, or confused upon knowing me. There's also energy associated with this as no one ever tries to set me up on a date or hits on me. Perhaps being 6'7" tall scares them off. If someone's asexual, it seems to deter sexual advances, rather than fuel them.

Ive never had the "horny" problem and I dont really lust unless you consider checking out full figured women and wondering about cuddling them I do express my condolences for your loss of virginity. I am not even curious to see what mating is like, I would head right for the psychiatrist long before anything "happened" if I begin to have those dirty, perverse, disturbing thoughts of lust. Gross!

Actually even in my dreams I choose abstinence. Had one dream where I was in the limo with this pretty lady and she said lets have....... and I said eeeeeeeeeeeew! Repeat. Then I told the limo driver to stop and I opened the door and ran all the way back home! Yup I am assured that I am normal and have a clean mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've been single mainly to focus on myself, since you can't really have a successful relationship until that happens. I had a lot to take care of, like my education & career, and dating would've only distracted me. Now that things are falling into place, I'm about ready to "hit the market" again... anyone know a nice, attractive, Jewish professional man in Northern California?

Ill be honored to cuddle with a sweet, curvy lady like you. If I ever vacation in CA or you ever come down to FL or wherever im living, we can surely be friends and enjoy cuddling

Last edited by Need_affordable_home; 03-02-2007 at 03:42 AM..

Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post

Ill be honored to cuddle with a sweet, curvy lady like you. If I ever vacation in CA or you ever come down to FL or wherever im living, we can surely be friends and enjoy cuddling
Hmmmmm....could there be a C-D love connection in the making here? NAH- are you tall and Jewish? I've seen pix of Gizmo and she doesn't look out of proportion. Curvy, as most women are, but not big. But a few winters being snowbound in Oil city could solve that issue.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,268,313 times
LoveBoating, I am happy for your happiness, and your good take on things.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM

364 posts, read 527,141 times
Quote:
Do you mean to say you NEVER have ANY interest in sex? Sex is much more exciting them forums on the Internet anyday.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
I guess it's like anything else. Me? I don't like mushrooms. I'm not making light of asexuality and don't mean to, so please don't take it that way.

I believe that sexuality is a gift from God, Mother Nature, however you look at it, and can be a beautiful thing. It can also be a down and dirty physical release. NAH, I'm sorry that's how you look at it.

Anyway....I was married for 20 years to the wrong person. Nice guy, we just should have stayed friends. Was single for a year and dated quite a bit (not an easy thing to do at 40, believe me). Swore I'd never marry again. Met DH 12 years ago this month, have not been apart since. There was just a special connection with this man. He has a wonderful soul. We did a really crazy thing and got married less than 3 months later. I still don't believe we did that! But it works for us. I think though, if and when the unthinkable happens and I'm alone again, I'll stay single. But who knows? Maybe he'll be the one left behind.

Best of luck to all. Happiness does come from within yourself; you cannot rely on anyone or anything else to bring it to you.

Scranton, I can't believe you're in your early 20's...you sound so much more mature! But, I gotta tell ya, those hormones can rage, can't they??? There will be day they'll slow down.

Last edited by nomoresnow; 03-02-2007 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: added note

Old 03-02-2007, 06:46 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,559 times
You know, this is a very pertinent thread in my own life. I was brought up around many family and friends who treated being single as a disease, almost. If I didn't have a girlfriend, I could forget about ever being included in anything, and sometimes I was downright made fun of for it. I was never really comfortable with being alone.

So, that led to the oh-so-healthy "if I had a girlfriend/wife, I'd be happy" syndrome. So I got a girlfriend who became my wife, and she pretty much had the same syndrome going on. Needless to say, the marriage was a huge mistake because instead of being comfortable and happy with myself, I looked for my happiness in another person. That can't work, and I learned that the hard way.

Now, I'm kind of enjoying single-ness. I have the freedom to explore, make major, dramatic life decisions, and I don't have to answer to anyone. That's nice. I'm also finding things out about myself that I never knew before, which is nice, too. Hopefully, when it's meant to happen, this "alone time" will make my next relationship a lot better, whenever that might be.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
Do you mean to say you NEVER have ANY interest in sex? Sex is much more exciting them forums on the Internet anyday.
Let me put it this way, if I date a girl and she wants to invite me in for the night it's less exciting than if she says "we're going bowling". I gave sex a good try, but the lack of interest prevented anything from penetrating for sure. No matter how cute, or how big her headlights are it does not matter. I have been dragged into "jiggles" by friends and casual eating at "hooters" but trust me, nothing's stirring inside. Sex isn't disgusting, it's just boring. Kissing does nothing for me, might as well kiss a stack of money. Food is a lot better than sex.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 PM

364 posts, read 527,141 times
Quote:
Let me put it this way, if I date a girl and she wants to invite me in for the night it's less exciting than if she says "we're going bowling". I gave sex a good try, but the lack of interest prevented anything from penetrating for sure. No matter how cute, or how big her headlights are it does not matter. I have been dragged into "jiggles" by friends and casual eating at "hooters" but trust me, nothing's stirring inside. Sex isn't disgusting, it's just boring. Kissing does nothing for me, might as well kiss a stack of money. Food is a lot better than sex.
I get that. That's how I felt the my first few years of "getting jiggy". I thought "Why do people talk about this so much?" Was not until my fiance that I "got it". But I am a woman and I think caring about someone makes it better. You know most guys just want to get a piece of ass and could care less about the woman. Being in love makes me want to get physical. Leads to that because I'm a snuggler. But I can do most of my snuggling with my 4 wonderful fur-kids. And they wont cheat on me, brake my heart or ruin my life.

Food can be very good. I'm not a big eater and can go all day without eating and it be 5:00 and realize I've had nothing. But when I'm really hungry or have a taste for something it's really good!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Oh yikes, I feel like I've just walked into an alternate universe!!!!

Food, sex, abstinence, happiness? Yes all of the above. I had a pretty good "house husband" for a long while, then things went south. So I went south. Now, I'm still single and frighteningly content, to the degree that I need to do a reality check occasionally.

My funny situation these days, since I don't have time to start a new relationship right now, is spending time with two ex boyfriends who have become my most excellent friends - separately, of course. The boys delight me no end and drive me crazy. And not in the way your dirty minds think.

I mean, when they come to visit, instantly there are piles of clothes on the floor in the living room, they're drinking out of my measuring cups, the cabinet doors are open, there's a shovel in the laundry room, all the lights are left on, and I'm sleeping on the sofa to get away from the snoring. Did I mention the toilet seat? UP. (Well, to be fair, one puts it back down.) Thank goodness I have two bathrooms. They're both terribly eccentric, I love them both dearly, and I am so freaking happy to have my house back to myself again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships