Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:30 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times

Advertisements

Ok will start a new thread on this, lets get back on topic about being single. I want a girlfriend but ill never marry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Gizmo980
You are young enough to be my daughter and I'm married and love my wife to death, but you are one cute gal......saw a pic of you that you put on the Forum. The guy that gets you will be very, very lucky as my wife was when she got me and visa versa with her to me.
Aw, shucks... **blush** Thanks for that, since my confidence hasn't always been so great... but it's definitely better these days, which will hopefully help me find a decent guy! Did you post a picture too?? (can't remember if I saw one)

Old 03-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Ok will start a new thread on this, lets get back on topic about being single. I want a girlfriend but ill never marry.
How old are you again? If I remember correctly you're still quite young (23?), so never say never! My brother always said he didn't believe in marriage (though for very different reasons than yours, LOL)... now at 25, he just moved in with a woman & is starting to talk about marrying her. So ya never know what age and true love will do!

Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
There is a name for it. It is called Inhibited Sexual Desire and the National Institute on Health has information, as well as ways to treat it.

Of course, if someone is not in a realtionship, that's another story. But there is a major difference between choosing abstinence VS telling others that it is sick and dirty to have intercourse for purposes other than mating. To suggest that having sexual desire is unnatural or unhealthy is just untrue.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...htm#Definition
You see, now THAT is a reliable source, and one information professionals (like myself) often trust & use... I've brought up this point to NAH on another thread, but I'll refrain from getting further off-topic.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Theres a hundred other things that can be done such as dating, kissing, slow dancing, going to concerts, watching a movie, getting roses and chocolate, etc. Cuddling is just one idea of romance
Yes, there are plenty of other enjoyable ways to be romantic... but in a long-term relationship, that is just a companion to actual sex. Most of us wouldn't be able to refrain from taking that final step, and personally I wouldn't want to. As I've said before, provided you're responsible about it, having sex is perfectly healthy & normal among consenting adults.

Quote:
Most men prefer curvy women. Down with those nasty skinny models, someone feed them! Do you have more pictures? Ive seen one of your face in a picture thread.(you may PM me the others, im curious)
Yay for the curvy girls!! Nothing wrong with being thin (naturally), but plenty of men & women prefer some healthy curves. I'll NEVER be skinny, since I'm just not built that way, so I've learned to appreciate my natural figure. I don't have any recent pics, but I can send you one from last year... about 20lbs. heavier at the time, but you'd probably like that better anyway - LOL.

Quote:
True, perhaps you have some sweet single curvy friends that share my views and arent interested in marriage, just romance and cuddling Have you seen all of my chooseabstinence dot org website? Its not just my view, the facts are scary! I dont want to get sick or anything! Also I have no desire to mate, even in my dreams I abstain lol
I know some great full-figured gals, but don't think they'd be into permanent abstinence... though I do know one that should be, considering she had 4 kids by age 24! Luckily her tubes are tied now, so no more baby-making, but she'd never be happy without real sex.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:28 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How old are you again? If I remember correctly you're still quite young (23?), so never say never! My brother always said he didn't believe in marriage (though for very different reasons than yours, LOL)... now at 25, he just moved in with a woman & is starting to talk about marrying her. So ya never know what age and true love will do!

LOL I like being single and want to be that way forever. But I do want to go out on dates, just never marry. Too many divorces and I dont need a piece of paper with complicated legal laws. I can live next to some sweet friends without having to marry!

As for your other points, please see my abstinence thread as it pertains to that topic.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:52 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I've been single since 1991 and it sucks! I stay busy with hobbies and work, and on rare occasions date, but there is a very small poole of women to choose from in my area. Being 46 and living in a rural area does not help. I have a handfull of women freinds...just none I would marry or move in. I'm gone at work 2 weeks at a time, and I don't think it would be fair to start a relationship when I'm gone that much. Of course there may be a woman out there that might see me being gone 2 weeks at a time as beneficial!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I've been single since 1991 and it sucks! I stay busy with hobbies and work, and on rare occasions date, but there is a very small poole of women to choose from in my area. Being 46 and living in a rural area does not help. I have a handfull of women freinds...just none I would marry or move in. I'm gone at work 2 weeks at a time, and I don't think it would be fair to start a relationship when I'm gone that much. Of course there may be a woman out there that might see me being gone 2 weeks at a time as beneficial!
Funny you say that... my father traveled about 4-5 days a week for work, and I've always said that's how their marriage lasted 28 years! They got divorced eventually, but I honestly don't think it would've lasted that long if he hadn't traveled. I think some alone time is good for any marriage, since everyone can get annoying if they're around 24/7. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder! No, not "abstinence", NAH...

Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Of course there may be a woman out there that might see me being gone 2 weeks at a time as beneficial!
Well, I for one think keeping a moose in your yard is pretty attractive. Maybe we could be friends?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Hey I'm single. I can always use a new friend!
Yes...I have live lawn ornaments! They can scare the heck out of you when you go out to start a vehicle at 5:00 AM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships