Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 11:04 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
I never used to. Christmas was my favorite time of year up until a few years ago. What's changed I'm not exactly sure, though I have some ideas. I'm not in my hometown, events in my life have me overwhelmed, my wife and I are not into the partying scene so much anymore, our kids are way past Santa Claus, and Christmas with it's commercialization seems like too much work.

I know I sound like a Scrooge, and I'm a little turned off by my tone myself, but does anyone feel the same? Anybody think back to holidays of your past and wonder why it's just not so enjoyable anymore? Anybody else out there who would pay big money just to be able to skip it this year?
Maybe if I worked in an office away from home or was around a lot of people I'd feel the spirit, but I'm Isolated with the exception of two part time assistants who help me. I only have phone and email contact with the other workers as they are scattered through out London and the home counties.

I think for some people they just get weary of the whole thing and that includes me. I mean you can only cook chicken so many ways and it can only taste so good. It's lost the magic it once had for me although I still enjoy some aspects....just the build up makes me anxious and atimes very nasty. Reason why I am up so early in the morning. Gonna get a start on the day, leave early and get back home before I loose all feelings of goodwill to my fellow man on the mean roads of London.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 AM

135 posts, read 512,904 times
I used to dread the holidays .. but for the first time in a LONG time, I've been enjoying the whole "holiday season". Hubby's family was a huge source of stress for me, especially during the holidays, so now that we cut all ties with them ... it's a HUGE relief. We doing our own thing as our own happy little family. We're making our own traditions for us & our kiddos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships