Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:30 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Holiday can be tortuous for those who have lost someone during the past year. Nostalgia for past Christmases can also cause sadness.

Reasons for not liking Christmas:
1) Loss of a beloved person during the year
2) Expectations that aren't met
3) Pressure to prepare for the holidays
4) Wanting to stay home but feeling obligated to be with family
Check on 2, 3, and 4. As for number one, it's uncomfortably near, which is probably the real reason for my dread this year. Though I have to say that I haven't looked forward to the holidays for a few years now; see #'s 2,3,&4, and I could probably go on, how many numbers does anyone get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Come on...she's very charming when you meet her Just don't give her any money...
Well, I'm a generous guy. But how much you think she'll need?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
I'm glad you cleared up that nut thing, though I don't judge either way. What religion? Where you from?
Eeh, that's one of the 64K questions on this forum and it will remain so.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eeh, that's one of the 64K questions on this forum and it will remain so.
What if I google: macadamia christmas, that might work

Old 12-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
What if I google: macadamia christmas, that might work
Fat chance!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Fat chance!
I don't mind a long shot, if it's worth it.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I don't mind a long shot, if it's worth it.
Be my guest!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
[quote=CrouchTigerHiddenDog;6492820][quote=cpg35223;6492606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchTigerHiddenDog View Post

Nope, instead he would say, 1 Corinthains 13: 1-13. But sad to say most, "Christians" don't even read the, "Word."

And say perhaps I am some lush (which I don't drink at all and abhore the stuff) how are you supposed to respond to me as a practicing and in good standing saint? "Turn the other cheek" that's how. Well, as I read back a lot of your prior posts I realized you are just one of those counterfeits acting out your life (probably used to send out Christmas card news letters with all you and your family did, etc), playing a role and your heart is far from the heart of Christ. I'm speaking of human suffering and that includes anyone's here! Yes, I am immersed in my own right now. (I hope and pray you don't have to experience the same for your pridefulness and lack of love) but it helps to vent the feelings as I do have to carry on. You are the kind that drive people away from the church doors btw! You will answer, as I will answer for my own, "issues."

BTW, when you adopt two babies (5 week and 8 week) and they are a different race, and your whole family dumps you for it, and one has health issues and all your family that is good dies off and, and and, let me know (especially if your humanitarian efforts, including private school, puts out over 20k per year and you make less than 80k) so I know we are in fact, "equals!" Right now looks like life is pretty peachy for you with lots of supportive family and such-again, good for you!! Kill me for having a George Bailey moment okay?
Actually, I think the reason your family has turned its back on you is that you are apparently unhinged. Seriously. I mildly suggest to the OP that doing something such as helping the homeless might be a way to shake off his understandable holiday funk (Something that he did not find either condescending or self-righteous), and you come out of left field and eviscerate me for it. I cannot understand why such an innocuous suggestion made you so hostile in the first place. Then, by some bizarre zig-zag streak of lightning on your brain, you want to quote Christ to me--as if you somehow or another are the solitary receptacle of God's wisdom. How arrogant of you. I mean, if you're really capable of such irrational, hostile outbursts at something that innocent, I bet Thanksgiving is not picnic for your family members, let me tell you.

Second, you really don't know much about me at all, but it's pretty obvious to me that you're immersed in self-pity. And, if you really do abhor alcohol, maybe you should take it up. Something, anything to help your bi-polar nonsense. And, if your rants on this thread are any indication, a large proportion of the suffering you're receiving in life have probably been earned.

Last edited by cpg35223; 12-09-2008 at 07:22 PM..

Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Well, I'm a generous guy. But how much you think she'll need?
Just don't let her know you have anything and you'll be ok

Old 12-09-2008, 07:38 PM

485 posts, read 1,314,068 times
[quote=cpg35223;6494743][quote=CrouchTigerHiddenDog;6492820]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Actually, I think the reason your family has turned its back on you is that you are apparently unhinged. Seriously. I mildly suggest to the OP that doing something such as helping the homeless might be a way to shake off his understandable holiday funk (Something that he did not find either condescending or self-righteous), and you come out of left field and eviscerate me for it. I cannot understand why such an innocuous suggestion made you so hostile in the first place. Then, by some bizarre zig-zag streak of lightning on your brain, you want to quote Christ to me--as if you somehow or another are the solitary receptacle of God's wisdom. How arrogant of you.

Second, you really don't know much about me at all, but it's pretty obvious to me that you're immersed in self-pity. And, if you really do abhor alcohol, maybe you should take it up. Something, anything to help your bi-polar nonsense. And, if your rants on this thread are any indication, a large proportion of the suffering you're receiving in life have probably been earned.
Okay, I gave you that I read your initial posting wrong, but it appears I was actually spot on and hit a big nerve! So pass me off as some person who has bi-polar disease (boy are you going to get it for that one from all the people who actually do suffer from that!!!! I truly would not want to be you now!!!!!!!!)

I noticed you still haven't even considered my comments relating to human suffering and, "dread" of the holidays. It is because you have your smug head up your ass too far to even admit you could be wrong yourself (notice I did!). So now I am wishing for you to get knocked off your ego-driven, do-gooder when people are watching-pedestal for a swift kick in the pants. It's the same old thing coming from the same old type. A self-patting on the back know-it-all who has a glib answer for everyone. Truly you do espouse the, "Fruits of the Spirit!" BTW, I wasn't the one mentioning, "ministering" you did!

P.S. I used to take BS from everyone but in recent times I have changed! You are the second one-congrats! Also, had you been truly the decent guy you espoused to be, you would yourself have reacted differently. Takes a a-hole to know one-I'll give ya that 'cause I am one as of this month!! And, you'd be shocked if you got a look at me and spoke to me in person. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships