Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:01 AM

542 posts, read 1,931,410 times

Advertisements

Okay so I see this guy and he mentions his fiance. It took ALL of my strength not to let my jaw hit the floor!! He's .... well how do I put this nicely... GINORMOUS!!! I know I have no room to talk because I'm no skinny chick but I'm not a double wide either. lol So anyway this got me to thinking WHY is it that a guy seems to ALWAYS have a date/girlfriend? It doesn't seem to matter skinny,big,short,tall, broke, with money, living with parents, in between jobs!! It doesn't seem to freakin matter!!

Okay okay I'm okay now. lol I just had to let that out because I wanted to yell WTF your getting married??? I can't freakin get a date and YOUR GETTING MARRIED???? uuggghhhhhhhh

Now that I got that out... I can wish him all the happiness in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 AM

16,223 posts, read 25,706,795 times
Sometimes...its not the enormous or (GINORMOUS as you put it...) guy that you see on the outside, but his personality on the inside! He must be a great guy!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,367,439 times
It could have been worse. He could've been dating this:

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but....-ugly.bmp

Last edited by Mr.Cat; 12-08-2008 at 04:52 AM..

Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,658,110 times
Personality or not, anyone that disgustingly fat cannot be getting that great of a selection of chicks, so I don't blame him for getting married and locking one down if she's better looking than he is

Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,361,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
Okay so I see this guy and he mentions his fiance. It took ALL of my strength not to let my jaw hit the floor!! He's .... well how do I put this nicely... GINORMOUS!!! I know I have no room to talk because I'm no skinny chick but I'm not a double wide either. lol So anyway this got me to thinking WHY is it that a guy seems to ALWAYS have a date/girlfriend? It doesn't seem to matter skinny,big,short,tall, broke, with money, living with parents, in between jobs!! It doesn't seem to freakin matter!!

Okay okay I'm okay now. lol I just had to let that out because I wanted to yell WTF your getting married??? I can't freakin get a date and YOUR GETTING MARRIED???? uuggghhhhhhhh

You have to ask yourself, what KIND of girls is he getting?????

Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,235,459 times
Can you post a picture of this guy with his face blurred out or a picture of another man of similar ginormity for reference? Does he make decent money? What's his personality like?

Old 12-08-2008, 06:32 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,548,164 times
Moving-I totally get it. Trust me. But obviously there's someone out there for everyone

Old 12-08-2008, 06:39 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,346,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post

I can relate to you. I think the same thing when I see some 300 pound person wearing a wedding ring, or a seriously unattractive person with a couple kids. It's not that I begrudge them their happiness, and sure they may be very nice people. But what the heck do they have goin' on that I don't? I'm no barbie doll, I'm a size 8, sometimes a 10 if I have too many fries but I stay in shape and will be training to run a half marathon next year, I have a good job, own two houses and a car, and know how to spell my own name, so what gives?

Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,575,205 times
I hear you! Same thing here. I see all these average or even unattractive guys with all these beautiful women and think, I have no chance! And I am not unattractive (actually I think I am quite pretty) but I am not the most extroverted of people (but I'm not incredibly introverted either), have a few extra pounds (but I am not obese - would be happy if I lost 20-30 lbs which is like 10 lbs on a 5'4" person, and I am incredibly tall (5'11") so I have all these things going "against" me. Yes, I realize none of those things "should" matter, but to most guys, even the best ones out there, they do - at least initially. I don't know if it is because I am a big girl that I seem intimidating or if it is because I am just not outgoing.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,301,341 times
Default For whom the bell tolls....

To those who seem not to be able to land a girlfriend/boyfriend, without answering in this thread, do you have expectations, or requirements for those you date? Can you be honest with yourself and say you don't? So far it appears that some of you may have expectations, external appearances being the main requirement.

Having requirements builds a wall between you, and a potential partner. You may surround yourself with beautiful friends, only associate with people educated to match your standards, or go in circles with those who cross a threshold of wealth only you can measure. This may sound ideal, but it is a prison of your own making.

To the person who commented about a 300 pound man with a wedding ring, or the one who questions the appearance of an overweight man's spouse, does it really matter in the end? Perhaps the husband was thin when he courted his wife, perhaps dated five, or more years before even getting married, this would tell me that his spouse and he are well in love, and no matter how they age, or change appearance, their history binds them together. So yes, it's probably natural to wonder about someone's spouse when you see their appearance, but what you don't see, or know about is the history between the two.

Most people don't get married with the intention of divorcing once the looks go, though some actually do, or when the money runs out. Most people get married to hopefully live the rest of their lives together. No matter how much one works out, diets, takes care of themselves, no one can escape the changes of age, including lower metabolism, wrinkled skin, grey hair, fragile bones, etc.

So, this begs the question, are you only interested in looks, wealth, material items? Don't get me wrong, these things are important, critical, but along with that one needs to also accept change as part of the package. Change is often overlooked as being present, it's like the small print on a contract that no one reads, or pays attention to. Change is not something you can instantly measure, you can't contain it, you can't feel it over the years, you can't foresee it, it's perpetual and you must know that it will happen.

So let people in! Do an experiment, make it a point to meet 10 new friends of the opposite sex in 60 days, being indifferent to their appearance, education, or wealth and with no intention for a relationship. Listen to them, see who makes you laugh, see who might become someone you can trust, who you can rely upon, who can help you with some difficult/heavy work at home. See who listens to you, or seeks your advice. See who appreciates you after knowing you for some time, no matter what your faults are. See who offers you assistance, or a meal when you are sick. You may find yourself falling for one of those people.

If anything, you will have made a few friends, but chances are they will expose you to a wider reality. The best gift of all will be realizing that looks are not always priority one.

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 12-08-2008 at 07:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships