Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:06 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,015,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Men generally lack empathy
You confirm one more time my suspicion that what psychiatrists describe as NPD/BPD relationships is basically a description of any heterosexual relationship... Yeah, it seems like assigning disorders is useless. It’s just our nature…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,524,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
You think most are that way? I feel like teenagers and guys in their early twenties can be that way easily, but I tend to think that adults are past that. I've met only one guy (who was in his late thirties) who seemed to think he was hot stuff. Though I guess I don't know what's going on in people's minds, really.

So you're not one of those guys who finds yourself attractive, then?

Did you happen to see Hugh Jackman in...anything at all? And you still wondered why women (and some men too, of course) find men attractive?

I think men always think that they are more attractive than they are. I have been to dozens of business events where an attractive 20 something gal shows up and all these old paunchy balding men are fawning all over her and trying to attract her attention. They either think that they are attaractive to her or they think that their success or moeny will make he loke around the paunch, flab wrinkles, and the fact that they are older than her father. Most guys that I know set their sights way above the level of what they have to offer, regardless of age. With many guys (especially married) you do not see it come out unless they are drunk (becuase otherwise they usually do not pursue other women).

No I do not see myself as attractive to me. I would not want to kiss me. My wife obviously finds me attractive (or says she does). Once in a blue moon some lady will flirt with me in an elevator, but I do not understand why someone would find me or any man attractive. No curves, scaly skin, hairy, bristly face, hard instead of soft, harsh facial features . . . Ick.

I have never seen or heard of the movie or show that you mentioned.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You confirm one more time my suspicion that what psychiatrists describe as NPD/BPD relationships is basically a description of any heterosexual relationship... Yeah, it seems like assigning disorders is useless. It’s just our nature…

No idea what NBD/BPD is. ("No Princess Dynamic/Big Princess Dynamic"?).

Generally I find most of psychology useless, but there is occaisionally some good science in there. After a dozen or so worthless therapists, ne psychologist really helped one of our children a great deal. That changed my opinion from it is all a bunch of hogwash to it is mostly a bunch of hogwash.

That reminds me of another one. Men are opinionated and stubborn.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:29 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,015,749 times
Quote:
They're supposedly personality disorders - narcissistic and borderline. The more you read about them, though, the more you come to the conclusion the former pretty much describes all men and the latter - all women.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 AM

18 posts, read 40,050 times
I totally Hate when girls try to act over feminine around there boyfriends, come on now girls just be yourself, i learned that from some really nice guy ...Oh yeah or when they try to act all Paris Hilton and ****, "Thats HOtt" come on now, thats so over rated!!!
~H.T.B

Old 12-16-2008, 10:35 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,126,491 times
Quote:
I think men always think that they are more attractive than they are. I have been to dozens of business events where an attractive 20 something gal shows up and all these old paunchy balding men are fawning all over her and trying to attract her attention. They either think that they are attaractive to her or they think that their success or moeny will make he loke around the paunch, flab wrinkles, and the fact that they are older than her father. Most guys that I know set their sights way above the level of what they have to offer, regardless of age. With many guys (especially married) you do not see it come out unless they are drunk (becuase otherwise they usually do not pursue other women).
Wow...I haven't noticed this, but of course that doesn't mean it isn't going on.

Quote:
No curves, scaly skin, hairy, bristly face, hard instead of soft, harsh facial features . . . Ick.
Scaly skin? Dude, what are you talking about? lol I don't think guys are hard, personally. Maybe if they're really muscular, but I haven't been involved with any muscular guys. I don't think of their facial features as hard, either. As for the hair...well, women can be hairy too, if they don't shave.

Quote:
I have never seen or heard of the movie or show that you mentioned.
Haven't heard of Hugh Jackman? He's People magazine's sexiest man alive this year.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:43 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,960,755 times
Quote:
I think men always think that they are more attractive than they are.
I doubt very much that when this guy for example looks in the mirror he thinks he is hot stuff that is in the same league as somebody like Paul Walker for example when it comes to attracting women.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I doubt very much that when this guy for example looks in the mirror he thinks he is hot stuff that is in the same league as somebody like Paul Walker for example when it comes to attracting women.

He may not think that he is Paul Walker (whomever that may be), but when she walks into the room he is likely to think, "Hey maybe she will like me, She might find me attractive, I should go pursue her"

Old 12-16-2008, 01:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,861,389 times
True. I heard a good therapist is like 1 in 20.

Quote:

Generally I find most of psychology useless, but there is occaisionally some good science in there. After a dozen or so worthless therapists, ne psychologist really helped one of our children a great deal. That changed my opinion from it is all a bunch of hogwash to it is mostly a bunch of hogwash.

That reminds me of another one. Men are opinionated and stubborn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships