Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthearted grin View Post
Robyn, a little food for thought, if you so choose:

No, what I have is a sense of fair play.

What did I do to you?

Looks like you did your research.

If you say so.

How about conversation?I converse with everyone I come across. How about time spent together? Do that too.How about laughing together? Yep, that is there.How about shared experiences?This as well How about empathy?I have this for people. How about kindness?I am kind to everyone I meet. I You know, I believe this is the difference between you and all those people who went above and beyond to help. To them, you were a fellow human being in need. To you and D, however, we are research subjects. That's a fundamental difference in outlook.
I have no idea what you are saying. I never treated anyone here like a research subject. I do want to know how the world works. I do watch people. I do talk to people. I do not hurt people.
The people who were there for you have without a doubt been there for many others, and will continue to be. All things considered, they are blessed - for they know how to love.
That is a nice thing. Good. I am there for people as well. I am blessed as well. You, however, have issues. Your behavior is outrageous. But again, it is an open forum, so carry on. I hope your day is wonderful and your Christmas is Merry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yep, that is what we do for fun. We analyze life. No partying. No drinking. Don't hang at the mall. None of that.

Sometimes he notices something that I don't, maybe the other way around.

Sometimes we wonder what would happen if this or that.

We ask questions. How do you find out the answer if not through research?

That is what I do, for the most part in the day. I research. I read. I learn.
I suggest that you rename what you are doing with D, just "people watching" because it's a less harsh term. You and D don't have a Ph.D. in psychology, you both aren't doing formal academic research. To the layman, what you are doing with your "evaluations" sounds mean and jerky, as if you are both above being critqued yourselves. There are many words in the dictionary, and they all have their different nuances.

Just think if you told one of your analyzed subjects to their face that you and D just completing an evening of "evaluating" them for you own personal research... I feel that they wouldn't be happy with you telling them that. "Hi there, my boyfriend and I just evaluated you... " I can think of many people that would take extreme offense to what you are doing, and would get really angry at you. As it is, you passed judgment on that poor clueless 16 year old waitress and thinking that she made a huge mistake for not continuing her academic education. But what's best for her is not for you to decide. Maybe years from now, instead of being saddled with huge college debt from student loans, she will instead be a Waffle house manager, and if she saves up her money, maybe one day she will own her own food franchise. Or maybe she will get married and just be a housewife and have kids... and her life will be just as valid as yours or mine.

Anyway, once again... stop calling it "evaluating".... focus more on your own life. The danger is that you will overthink and overanalyze every potential action you make, and become paralyzed and afraid to do anything that means anything. Just be a good person, relax and live your own life. Stop looking at everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships