Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 AM
ECG ECG started this thread

42,606 posts, read 2,746,104 times

Advertisements

Most women have that instinct they can tell if their man has another woman in their life. Sometimes I wonder if men also have that same instinct because they tend to be emotionally blind. Can a man tell if his woman has another man if it is not that obvious? Like do you also have that instinct? I am just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Her modus operandi will eventually change. If you know your woman very well then any slight change in her behavior should raise an eyebrow. More changes should then raise a flag. I have a keen gut feeling on certain things.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
What the cat said...but more realistically...yeah, I think guys are more clueless about these things (in general). Might also be an ego thing going on plus A LOT more women tend to get cheated on it seems so I think they have heard the stories from their girlfriends and when the symptoms start to show up they might have an "ah ha!" type moment?

Old 12-18-2008, 07:27 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
i agree that men don't see it as clearly as women do. I think women naturally have that intuition and sixth sense about things and I do think too that women are more worried about that kind of thing happening due to lower self esteem so they look for it and at times create issues that aren't there.
Whereas men just kind of float along, doing their thing and then surprise! They find out their woman is cheating and leaving them and then fall into the denial stage and I think it takes them a lot longer to recover than it does for some women.
Clear signs to watch for guys are drastic changes in behavior, schedule, a renewed interest in their appearance i.e., working out (when they didn't before) change in hair, makeup, attitude. Those are the biggest signs to watch for when your woman is doing something she shouldn't be doing. If you see it happening, its time to have a chat.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:30 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times
As a woman, I have that instinct and have known when I was cheated on. The last time, I knew then minute I realized "our" picture was no longer on the head of of "our" bed and I couldn't find it anywhere.. I had been out of town. He had brought her to our house and into our bed and bathed with her in MY tub! Soon as I saw my best friend, she confirmed he had cheated and with who. He was history after that....

That was just the last time, there were others and I knew it immediately. I was always proven right on those instincts.

My son knew his wife was cheating on him when she started wearing make up to go to work... she worked cleaning empty offices after they closed and nobody was there. DUH!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
As a woman, I have that instinct and have known when I was cheated on. The last time, I knew then minute I realized "our" picture was no longer on the head of of "our" bed and I couldn't find it anywhere.. I had been out of town. He had brought her to our house and into our bed and bathed with her in MY tub! Soon as I saw my best friend, she confirmed he had cheated and with who. He was history after that....

That was just the last time, there were others and I knew it immediately. I was always proven right on those instincts.

My son knew his wife was cheating on him when she started wearing make up to go to work... she worked cleaning empty offices after they closed and nobody was there. DUH!
WOW! That's bold.

Anyways...I would think she would be happier and bubbly for no reason.

Oh...I work at places at night after they close but I swear I don't wear make up when I go.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 10,671 times
Default i think so

i was dating this girl awhile back and we'd been exclusive.... then one weekend she avoided me for no apparant reason, then next time we came together, as soon as i slid inside, it felt like it had been different... it wasn't tight like it always was at first... maybe she'd been extra horny, but in the end it turned out she had slept with her ex 2 days prior. i remember as soon as i slid inside i thought to myself, "that doesn't feel right.... " i'm not small by anymeans, a little more than average.... but it just felt different. looser than it should have been... usually in the begining its so tight and slowly expands.... not that time tho... she said that she realized after she'd slept with her ex that she really wanted to be with me, he didn't do anything for her..... so maybe she'd realized she loved me and the act of sex turned her on more so... but i'll never know now. oh well.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 AM

318 posts, read 820,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
i agree that men don't see it as clearly as women do. I think women naturally have that intuition and sixth sense about things and I do think too that women are more worried about that kind of thing happening due to lower self esteem so they look for it and at times create issues that aren't there.
Whereas men just kind of float along, doing their thing and then surprise! They find out their woman is cheating and leaving them and then fall into the denial stage and I think it takes them a lot longer to recover than it does for some women.
Clear signs to watch for guys are drastic changes in behavior, schedule, a renewed interest in their appearance i.e., working out (when they didn't before) change in hair, makeup, attitude. Those are the biggest signs to watch for when your woman is doing something she shouldn't be doing. If you see it happening, its time to have a chat.

That's so true. My friends gf went from having a flat enough stomach to a 6 pack and started acting like a real b**** and low and behold, she left him for another guy.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:35 PM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
try to catch them in a lie.
example
a g/f said she was going out with her friend (which was nothing unusual)
but a few weeks later she said " i havent seen -insert name here- in a while

so i said didnt you just go out with her a couple weeks ago?

she said "o yea but i havent seen her for a while before that"

in other words she prob went out on a date and was telling me it was her friend

not to many people can keep their lies straight
if you suspect somthing is going on
bring a subject up in casual conversation and see if the story is still the same or if the story changed

Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Well, a surefire tip-off would be if she announced over dinner, "I got to ride a Harley Davidson last weekend."

Another one? If her attention wanders when you're talking to her. If all you're getting is the perfunctory "Yeah," "Sure," and "Whatever you want to do," then you have somebody who has checked out of the relationship and is just looking for the opportunity to blow out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships