Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycheeseburgers View Post
How do you fall in love again?
This one isn't as easy to answer. Odds are you two are the same people who split. So, in getting back together, the same issues will come up that came up in the past.

I'm not saying it's not possible to fall in love again... but I honestly think the only way for that to happen is for one of you (or both?) to have changed substantially enough that there's new qualities, values, ideals, etc. for the other to fall in love with that wasn't there the first time. And these changes are harder than just clicking your heels together three times and saying so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
I think the two of you need to be on the same page.
He needs to ask himself if this is what he wants. It sounds like its what you want, so you both can put your energy and effort in working together, to bring it back. It takes two. You can wine, dine, and 69 the man, all you want, but he has to be into it also.
Once he figures that out, then you both can try to start over.
Little things matter.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
You can walk around completely naked.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
You can walk around completely naked.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 PM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
My ex & I were together for 6 years, seperated a little over a year. I saw him last weekend ( We are now long distance ) we had a great time; but he said he doesnt think its as intense, he just started going out with other people 3 months ago; and said before that he was all for getting back together - but now hes not sure what he wants; since we saw each other he's stopped seeing other people to see what happens with us. I think it's hard for us to get what we had back what we had since now we only talk on the phone and havent seen each other.

He is very overwhelmed right now; he hates his job and where he lives, and is probably going to relocate in the next to months, I suggested I come with him and we see where we are after 6 months, he said he would think about it, he would be open to it, and the chances are 50/50.

I am planning on going to visit him again in Jan; I feel things are the same; but how can I give him that spark.
If you don't work out much (or at all) get some solid exercise, tone up and drop a few pounds. Next time you see him, wear something that flatters you...that pretty much should do it. The best part is if things don't work out....you will be looking good for the next good thing!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Nice screen name

LOL

Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times
Sorry there's no such thing as a 'spark'...especially if you're together all the time. One of the keys to things is actually healthy separation...as the saying goes 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'...that's about it.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Just imagine seeing a woman, completely naked walking around you with that fat butt, she'll make my peepee go BOING BOING BOING!!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
My ex & I were together for 6 years, seperated a little over a year. I saw him last weekend ( We are now long distance ) we had a great time; but he said he doesnt think its as intense, he just started going out with other people 3 months ago; and said before that he was all for getting back together - but now hes not sure what he wants; since we saw each other he's stopped seeing other people to see what happens with us. I think it's hard for us to get what we had back what we had since now we only talk on the phone and havent seen each other.

He is very overwhelmed right now; he hates his job and where he lives, and is probably going to relocate in the next to months, I suggested I come with him and we see where we are after 6 months, he said he would think about it, he would be open to it, and the chances are 50/50.

I am planning on going to visit him again in Jan; I feel things are the same; but how can I give him that spark.
He sounds a little spoiled and high-maintenance to me. He doesn't like this, he doesn't like that, yada yada yada.

Unless he figures out what HE WANTS out of life, and he makes up his mind to make the best of what he has and BE HAPPY with that, I don't think you are going to get anywhere with him. And I sure wouldn't uproot my life to suit him and his misery.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Just imagine seeing a woman, completely naked walking around you with that fat butt, she'll make my peepee go BOING BOING BOING!!
She ask how to get that "spark" back, not a pee pee affect.
( hmmm....or did she?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships