Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Yes mam or is it sir?

Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 04:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
I am an opportunistic kind of guy. Today, the following words came to me and I posted them on my blog and a few other places. It was my way of getting off my chest the truth and my desires as an imperfect human being. Perhaps this will spark a conversation which might challenge men and women alike to think long and hard about what they truly desire in life with another human being.

A few months ago, I arrived at a new juncture in my life after a few years of literally hating women for the following reasons:

1. Selfish, hollow and princess-like attitudes

2. "Traditional ideals" which many didn't deserve to embrace

3. Dozens of flaky women who lacked the maturity to communicate effectively (many found it easy to disappear instead of being an adult and showing they had manners and consideration for others)

4. Women whose laundry lists were so extensive, the Earth could be wrapped three times with them (and they rarely brought anything of value to the table)

5. Subpar looking women who believed they were the greatest thing alive

6. Women with extreme and unrealistic expectations (you know the type, "I'm 5'2 and baby, you better be 6'1")

7. Women who expected the world of men and had very little to offer in return

The list could go on and on. Somewhere in the world, there's a woman who's humble, selfless, mature, attractive, intelligent, childless, bold, independent, loving, classy, confident, self-loving, well-respected, wise, decisive, open-minded, worldly, loved, spontaneous, funny, imperfect, driven, adventurous, caring, etc.

For too long, I allowed women who have bad relationships with their fathers, a lack of integrity and personal accountability, ****ty personalities, etc. to define ME as an individual and human being. I now understand that not all women are evil, bitchy, heartless, selfish, prejudice, demented, psychotic, demanding, "traditional" and self-centered.

I am a very accomplished individual in life. I have done many things that people haven't done in their lifetimes. I have surrounded myself with older people (99% of my friends are 40s-60s) most of my life to extract great wisdom, knowledge and guidance from their life experiences. I am a 'relationship builder' at heart and enjoy reaching out to people for friendship, new opportunities and having an impact on someone's life. My wealth is in knowledge, intelligence, experience and people. By nature, I am designed to care about others and to seek ways to change the world. This is who I am and I'm not changing my values, integrity or morals for anyone. I know who I am, what I am and where I'm going. I am a well-respected individual who's loved by many people.

I would enjoy the opportunity to connect with a woman who's interested in exploring new possibilities in life. I would prefer that we 'roll with the punches' rather than attempting to figure everything out. Let's enjoy learning about each other, doing fun things, having great conversations, learning from each other, trying new things, expanding our horizons, helping others and more. No one can predict the future, but as I've proven to myself many, many times in life, we can surely command the outcome of our desires:

I am commanding throughout the universe an introduction to an extremely bright and wonderful woman who goes against everything we know or assume about women today. I am commanding into my life a woman who seeks to make a difference in the world with her dedication, determination, big heart and acts of kindness. I am commanding into my life a strong woman who isn't afraid of a challenge and obstacle. I am commanding into my life a woman who's socially aware and literally obsessed with improving the quality of life for all to benefit from. I am commanding into my life a woman who believes in partnership, shared sacrifice and genuine love.

(Here's the picture I included on another site)
It sounds like you have a lot to offer, but have you done any real soul searching on what would make YOU a person that a woman would like to develope a relationaship with?
If you find the woman that you are looking for, she is going to expect a lot coming back from you. I feel you might be missing out on some wonderful women, because you have set your goals for the perfect woman, kind of like a stepford wife. They may not have everything you think they should have, but you might try to see the good in some of these women that you want to toss aside.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:13 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Default PassTheChocolate...

I agree with you that Ronald is taking a lot of heat; but he is also getting a lot of support. Maybe it's not a 50/50 split, but that wouldn't really matter anyway. Either way, there ARE many like-minded individuals that have positively posted on OP's views. I in fact, was one of them early on, and I still think those posts were spot-on. (Where he lost me is when he went off topic.)

The nay-sayers have just as much right to state their views - the very nature of relationship forums makes it difficult to keep silent what we feel about most passionately. I really think there are a small few here that qualify as posting with "malevolence".

As always, IMO

Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

No she's probarbly a lurker reading it thinking "hmmm I want me some of that"

The man mentioned somewhere that he is 29 years old, cut him some slack. Let him blow his own horn. You sound bitter.

Again he's still young let him find his way. He'll figure it out. You obviously have a wild hair up your tush about this guys attitude and completely missed the point of his original post

You know something, I think you should stick to giving advice to some of the losers and socially inepts that come on here with their sad tales of woe. Grown men who have no idea how to carry on a conversation on a date.... That's right up your street. You like to give them a pat on their back with your home spun words of widom and being who they are, they lap it all up. Makes you feel needed doesn't it? ....even makes you feel smart I bet

He kinda reminds me of my baby brother who pretty much said enough is enough and took charge of his affairs of the heart and is now doing very well thank you. He didn't need a "relationship counselor", just a good cry on his two big sisters shoulders and our take on how to handle things.
Ooh, I'm bitter. Nice deflection there . I have nothing to be bitter about. I just call them as I see them. You get a guy coming to a non dating board, posting his picture and profile and "commanding" his perfect woman to come forward and it's a safe assumption he thinks he's the perfect man . NOT.

Hmmm? I should stick to giving advice to losers and the socially inept? Given this guy came here posting about his failed love life, in spite of his greatness, I think we're there. My advice is fix up the real estate you're selling. Sorry, but when you attract the wrong kind of buyer, it's the property that needs fixing not the buyer. Quality property attracts quality buyers.

You know it cracks me up when people, repeatedly, can't find a mate and then blame everyone else but them. There is but one common denominator and that is them. Blaming everyone but themselves won't fix this problem. Neither will "commanding" your perfect mate to come forward . THAT would make all of the intelligent, successful and principled women I know run for the hills.

As a woman, I found his first post a total turn off. It reads like an infomercial for somehting you don't need and really can't afford to buy. On the off chance he's legit, I gave him the advice to find a relationship counselor and investigate why he's having trouble meeting Ms. Right. and told him to take a good look at the property he's selling because it's attracting the wrong kind of buyer. I have no idea why you consider that bad advice. Before you can get into a relationship, you have to become the kind of person someone would want to be in a relationship with. Obviously, that's a problem here or he wouldn't be posting here and "commanding" anything...

I'm glad your brother only needed your shoulder to cry on to find his soulmate, however, most people who, repeatedly have trouble in their love lives need to look at what they are offering. Usually, they're not attracting what they want because they aren't attractive to the type of person they think they want. I have a friend like this. She ended up deciding to stay single once she realized she's way too high maintenance for a relationship and really didn't want to change. Good choice for her. She's intelligent, educated, successful and has a stong code of ethics. She's just not relationship material because she likes things a certain way and that gets annoying to others.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 12-28-2008 at 05:54 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
I wonder if this fella found his extraordinary woman. He'll probably be never back to let us know.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
I am a very accomplished individual in life. I have done many things that people haven't done in their lifetimes. I have surrounded myself with older people (99% of my friends are 40s-60s) most of my life to extract great wisdom, knowledge and guidance from their life experiences. I am a 'relationship builder' at heart and enjoy reaching out to people for friendship, new opportunities and having an impact on someone's life. My wealth is in knowledge, intelligence, experience and people. By nature, I am designed to care about others and to seek ways to change the world. This is who I am and I'm not changing my values, integrity or morals for anyone. I know who I am, what I am and where I'm going. I am a well-respected individual who's loved by many people.

If this is really you, all I can say is thumbs up! Not to pat my own back but more or less I'm the same way... Many of the people I know and talk to are much older and it rubs off because when I'm around people my age they think I'm so much older/different when you boil right down to it its just that I'm mature...

Americans in this county have no idea whats going on; more or less the American culture promotes a retardation in the maturing process.... .....

Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
however, most people who, repeatedly have trouble in their love lives need to look at what they are offering. Usually, they're not attracting what they want because they aren't attractive to the type of person they think they want.

You are SO right! I see this pretty frequently; girls/guys who don't take good care of themselves but yet get angry and upset that they cant find there little Barbie or Ken.

They seem to be totally unaware that they have issues to fix before they start to hunt for a mate. It's kind of like trying out for the Olympics without even practicing thinking your going to make it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships