Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:49 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times

Advertisements

However, you don't strike me as someone interested in "injustice".

Now, THAT's interesting! what makes you think that ?
Let's say I've my own special ways of dealing with injustice.
I have "my" causes, that I cherish, I won't enter into that....
I've maybe something in common with the criminal mind, deep down for some personal reasons I believe society owes me.
I manage to hide that part of me though -more or less, I'm a bit the "passive-agressive" kind, I delight in pushing the buttons of people! Find it funny, but of course hate it when it boomerangs on me (my boss told me a few days ago : "stop making fun of US"ha!ha!ha!)
Maybe also as a lower middle class white collar , I find my life pretty dull compared to that of my Mum who had a VERY adventurous ,kind of rough-and-tumble life, but I don't like the way she espoused every fashionable Liberal cause-up to now in her naive enthusiasm for Obama, I pride myself in being an independent (I 'd have wished Ron Paul for President).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 03:51 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

I've maybe something in common with the criminal mind, deep down for some personal reasons I believe society owes me.
I manage to hide that part of me though -more or less, I'm a bit the "passive-agressive" kind, I delight in pushing the buttons of people! Find it funny, but of course hate it when it boomerangs on me (my boss told me a few days ago : "stop making fun of US"ha!ha!ha!)
Maybe also as a lower middle class white collar , I find my life pretty dull compared to that of my Mum who had a VERY adventurous ,kind of rough-and-tumble life, but I don't like the way she espoused every fashionable Liberal cause-up to now in her naive enthusiasm for Obama, I pride myself in being an independent (I 'd have wished Ron Paul for President).
I don't have a clue about what you are babbling on about. I asked two questions. Is the woman on your profile the inmate or as you stated on your profile, your SO? Do you live in France and is this inmate in France or US.

I'm thinking you are a troll.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I don't have a clue about what you are babbling on about. I asked two questions. Is the woman on your profile the inmate or as you stated on your profile, your SO? Do you live in France and is this inmate in France or US.

I'm thinking you are a troll.
Yep. I thought that at the initial post.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
Running ... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! !!!!!!! I suddenly feel like some pure, innocent and wholesome saint... I stole make-up once when I was 15 from CVS ... That's about as hardden I have gotten ... LOL !!!!!

I'm glad it makes you feel more chaste.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:54 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Quote:
I just fell in love with a (female) inmate, due to be released in 2024 (but could be paroled earlier).
I've started an earnest, honest pen-pal relationship, maybe I'll have her on the phone one day or even visit her at the penintentiary (do you think there are rooms where one can meet privately an inmate or has one to be married?)
If the relationship gets really serious on both sides, do you think there is a possibility of marrying her when she'll be released or is it only plain daydreaming ?
Is this the best you can do? You may have low self esteem. The best test, however, is the red-face test. If you can bring her around your family, friends, and work without a faint hint of shame in the air, then it is okay. Else, it is not. Be honest.

Also, I've never been incarcerated, but I would suspect that someone in prison would welcome a "pen-pal", and have lots to say 'being locked up with the those who are not considered the best in class socially. Sure, they will write you to and praise you, adore you (as long as you keep replenishing their spending account) and even fall in love with you, but they would probably go to the next person in line from those who would cast them off. What else are they going to do with all that time on their hands?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
I just fell in love with a (female) inmate, due to be released in 2024 (but could be paroled earlier).
I've started an earnest, honest pen-pal relationship, maybe I'll have her on the phone one day or even visit her at the penintentiary (do you think there are rooms where one can meet privately an inmate or has one to be married?)
If the relationship gets really serious on both sides, do you think there is a possibility of marrying her when she'll be released or is it only plain daydreaming ?
Quote:
... I am not a nutcase just because I enjoy writing to an inmate! Come on!
I am definitely not ready for a "concrete" relationship right now, I need to fantasize somehow, and it's a way I've found (thus helping someone who maybe doesn't deserve it- well, physically she is inspiring, and it's motivating to me).
I mean, I'm not spending my LIFE with her, I just connect from time to time-what's so bad about it ?

Okay, your last post leaves a different type of message than the first one. Ordinarily I see no problem with having a prison pen-pal, but fantasies should be kept and recognized as fantasies. You're asking about marriage in your first post. If you get this carried away by a few letters from a prison inmate, I don't think the pen-pal thing is healthy for you. I've been told that inmates often have several pen-pals. It's a good way to get a little money on the inside, and it gives them some options for later. I don't know this woman, and she may be a saint, but the thing is, you don't know her either -- only what she's written. Just be careful; you're on very dangerous grounds.

Yeah, I was the one who said you'll be an old man in 15 years. You're 53. In 15 years you'll be 68. I'm 63, and feel a whole lot older than I did at 53. I've had 9 1/2 years in the past 10 years with a wonderful woman who I love and who loves me. If you took the last 15 years of my life, you'd also be robbing me of most of the years I had with my late wife. I'd hate to see you lose what could be the best years of your life to a fantasy.

Please believe that all (or most) of us are only giving you our best advice. We're not trying to keep you from finding happiness, but rather from heartache and a wasted love life. I want you to do what's best for you, and nobody knows for sure what that is, but my best guess is that you should ease off or cease the pen-pal stuff.

You seem to be a handsome guy; lots of wonderful, single and AVAILABLE women are out there just waiting for you to sweep them off their feet. Do it. (One at a time. ) The older I get the more I appreciate time. It's really all we have. Life is like a kitchen timer... tick, tick, tick, tick. When the bell rings, you're done. Wasting 15 years of potential happiness with a great partner is like throwing away the best of you're remaining years -- maybe for nothing. Maybe for nothing.

That's all I've got to say, except, good luck!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:

Maybe it goes back to issues with your mom. Maybe your mom was so footloose and free that it appeals to have a fantasy relationship with someone who is caged.

If that's what you want, and you are sure you really only want a relationship where the other is locked up, and it can only be fantasy -- it's your life.

It seems kind of sad though because it seems too pretend when there are people you could actually spend time with and do things with.

But -- maybe it does help her spend her days too, fantasizing about a relationship on the outside, dreaming of the day her cage is opened.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:12 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
It seems that what you have is a virtual relationship. It titillates you and, as has been said previously, probably has something to do with mom issues. There are many more healthy ways to walk on the wild side. Why not explore some of them?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Seriously, if she is in jail until 2024 she did something worth while...in a criminal sense, of course...

Pigeon, why borrow trouble? Honestly? Be very careful...

Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Hang on a sec...I just caught something I missed when I read the thread the first time...MURDER!!!!! Holy sh*t...why would you do that to yourself?? Seriously?

And btw, the prisoners are always "innocent"....do the research your self! Get court transcripts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships