Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
He invited you to Christmas Eve dinner, not out to eat with other relatives at a restaurant. Don't go looking for problems where there aren't any.
So you would have no problem if your father didn't invite you and your daughter to go out to lunch with your nephew and your half brother's fiance even though he knew the two of you were sitting at home doing nothing? And it wouldn't bother you that he has no interest in seeing you or your daughter the day before Christmas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
If it's just this one thing let it go. I'm sure it wasn't an intentional slight especially since they plan to see you for Christmas.

If you want to risk ruining the holiday, you could always casually mention that you would have liked to have joined them for lunch.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
I did a poor job of explaining the situation. I won't go back and bore you with more details, but I did talk to a neutral party and although they thought I was a bit overly mad, they thought I had a right to be pretty pissed off. It has to do with our family history more than anything. Thanks for all your responses

Old 12-23-2008, 12:37 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So you would have no problem if your father didn't invite you and your daughter to go out to lunch with your nephew and your half brother's fiance even though he knew the two of you were sitting at home doing nothing? And it wouldn't bother you that he has no interest in seeing you or your daughter the day before Christmas?
I'm a little confused. You are invited to Christmas Eve dinner right?

Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default A blessing?

Look at it as being lucky? I know that my wife and I have way too many things to do, going out to eat would just take away time from all the other tasks at hand that we don't already have time for, and not all are even Christmas related. We sometimes dread having to go to so many events around Christmas, but we do like to see everyone, so Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day are enough for us, we really enjoy our time and could care less what others did up to those days.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
How do they know you're sitting at home doing nothing? Do you broadcast it? Do you work? Was all your shopping done? Quit being paranoid and enjoy the visit. But, the way you sound, all you want is a bunch of people to agree with you so you can stay mad all through this season to be happy. I'm glad we're not related!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
I did a poor job of explaining the situation. I won't go back and bore you with more details, but I did talk to a neutral party and although they thought I was a bit overly mad, they thought I had a right to be pretty pissed off. It has to do with our family history more than anything. Thanks for all your responses
All families with more than one child and some with just one child have similar issue. Your family obviously has more than one that was always intact might, but you just have to roll with the punches. It doesn't matter if you have a "right" to feel slighted or not, why ruin your happiness? Or that of others. My father tends to be rather open and blunt and sometimes says things maybe he shouldn't but that's just how it goes. You take the good. Let go of the bad.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Meh. I wouldn`t be overly concerned, but I would keep my head up!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 PM

43 posts, read 104,194 times
I think Id be hurt too. And knowing me, Id tell him, but I wouldnt let it ruin our time together. Hope you have a wonderful time together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships