Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,500,101 times

Advertisements

If she's active, like you, why does it matter WHAT she weighs? Nothing wrong with a woman with a little meat on her bones instead of a "rag doll".

Old 12-02-2009, 05:07 PM

20,561 posts, read 19,218,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Some people can work out and eat healthy and are still going to be bigger.

Greetings MsRiss7383,

Its all about ratios. Every body shape has a healthy proportion. Health is always sexy.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,574,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Greetings MsRiss7383,

Its all about ratios. Every body shape has a healthy proportion. Health is always sexy.

.7 right? Isn't that the ratio?

Old 12-02-2009, 05:23 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,443,240 times
I know Ladies that are Large, but very firm, and sexy. A Skinny flappy person is the worse. they have no excuse. get down and give me 20.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:33 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,329,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I am a physically fit guy..not muscular or anything just fit.. I have an active lifestyle, hit the gym regularly and I'm into various outdoor activities such as bicycling, hiking, snowboarding etc. When I tell other women that I am looking for someone who is not overweight they put on grim faces and tell me I am being shallow and should judge people by what is in their hearts.

First off, I would like to ask how is this unreasonable? Someone overweight is not going to be compatible with my lifestyle. Isn't that true? All I am asking for is someone who is not overweight, is that an unreasonable expectation?

BTW, being overweight is a risk for various health issues, not only that more often than not being overweight is a result of other psychological issues...depression etc.
Okay, here is the thing...We can't help who we find attractive. If you are physically attracted to fit slim women, there is nothing wrong with that. What bothered me slightly in your post is that you have the need to tell this to women, most likely the ones who are already insecure about their weight (otherwise they wouldn't put grim faces on). Majority of women have insecurities about their bodies and weight and when a man tells them that he is looking for someone who is not overweight, it gives them reassurance that they are right to feel insecure.
If you don't find these women to be your type, just don't say anything.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Okay, here is the thing...We can't help who we find attractive. If you are physically attracted to fit slim women, there is nothing wrong with that. What bothered me slightly in your post is that you have the need to tell this to women, most likely the ones who are already insecure about their weight (otherwise they wouldn't put grim faces on). Majority of women have insecurities about their bodies and weight and when a man tells them that he is looking for someone who is not overweight, it gives them reassurance that they are right to feel insecure.
If you don't find these women to be your type, just don't say anything.
I have learned you are right. guys are blunt with each other. we will tell a guy he is fat, in a heart beat. but Women don't tell each other the truth. Or should I say, they tell it differently. they will say things like, "You look just fine, and have such nice hair.' Guys and Gals are different in that regard.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,073,039 times
60% of americans are fat. 1 out of 3 is obese. name calling you is a good defensive strategy.
she will take care of you just the way she takes care of herself,aka priorities, you and her fat dont count. keep on walking buddy its a lonely road. consider this-- even with fat, a temp is always a better hire than a perm --ask any employer. stay unmarried and live alone. never never buy food assuming bek it is unattractive it will really taste good.
been there done that.
if you wana be happy for the rest your life ...sing it??....... belafonte you lied.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
60% of americans are fat. 1 out of 3 is obese. name calling you is a good defensive strategy.
she will take care of you just the way she takes care of herself, priorities, you and her fat dont count. keep on walking buddy its a lonely road. consider this-- even with fat, a temp is always a better hire than a perm --ask any employer. stay unmarried and live alone.
"any port in a storm"????

Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,111,498 times
One of my friend's is obese. She was always a big girl, but after the kids she gained so much weight. I never bring it up because she's so sensitive, but people in public do. That's so sad. If she didn't have kids, I'd have her out here with me. Hot dogs, fast food, all that stuff, no more!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,830,754 times
Okay, so who is the loser who brought this thread back to life?

So the OP pefers dating women who are not fat. Good for him. I see no reason to really discuss things any further. He likes what he likes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships