Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
So. At 11:30PM last night, in the middle of playing the Game of Life with my son, I get a text with them accusing me of "ignoring them and Merry Christmas and they will leave me alone and not bother me anymore." - readers digest version.

I really do not like texting, so I call (which goes to VM), and leave a VM saying Merry Christmas, was the ignored not the ignorer.

I receive a text from one of them. . . (no, they could not be grown up enough to answer their phone) - "I lived without you for 33 years and I can go another 33." - And I responded back, "Wish you were that confident on Sunday."

No response back (just as I hoped).

Burning bridges with me is what they wanted for Christmas, I suppose. Because that did just that. I will not further be pulled into or play into their drama. I'm done.
Jeep I am truly sorry to hear what transpired remember our conversation in your other thread about the "honeymoon period"? I was hoping like crazy I would be wrong.

Just build the strongest relationship with your son and rebuild your family unit from him. Chin up, pull yourself up by your boot straps and get on with your toughness girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Jeep, I'm so very sorry.
I've been wondering how things were going, was going to bump your other post up when someone else did.

I don't know, you know I am not surprised at what happened but I am surprised at how fast. I figured they'd be nice for a year, the bam.

I give you credit for calling back.

I agree with those that said lending them money would be like giving it to a stranger. Just because it's thought you share DNA, well even then, money is the root of all evil in families. I don't remember, were you sure these were your bio family? You didn't have a DNA test did you? and FWIW, I wouldn't lend family that much money unless I had something in writing about it getting paid back. Then again who has that kind of money especially right now? Where do they come off even asking for it?

I have to say that as much as you dislike your adoptive parents, they did a great job raising you.

I'm sorry.. and Merry Christmas. You have a lot to be thankful for.
Your son sounds like a wonderful kid!

Gonna have to rep you for that. So very true.
It's confirmed they are my bio's. With their help and with the submission of the death certificates of my bio mom and father, we were able to go through the process through the state I was born, through their medical exchange program (first process you have to go through), then we received that confirmation - and filed for an expedited copy of the original certificate through the courts in the county I was born, which I now have on hand.

My birthday was altered "off" by two days on my adopted birth certificate, by the way, but I am still celebrating my birthday on the day that I have always known to be.

I refuse to celebrate being two days older than I really am. I will remain in denial, happily so.

Not sure what CEspeed was smoking the day CE wrote what was written. . . but a loan is not ever obligatory by DNA or otherwise. There is a big difference when someone offers something from the heart VS someone trying to grab it with the "gimme-gimme NOW, you owe me just because" attitude. Sorry, but the only one that I will cower to that says "gimme-gimme NOW" is the IRS.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 12-27-2008 at 12:08 PM..

Old 12-27-2008, 07:10 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Sorry for the letdown, Jeepgirl. But your attitude throughout all of this makes you a real winner; and your son's as well. I love the saying on the plaque he gave you. It's so heartwarming to know that no matter what, you are each other's rock.

I got a plaque for Christmas with a Ben Franklin quote that says:
"Trouble knocked at the door, but hearing Laughter, hurried away."

That reminds me of what you've posted about you and your son. If (& that's a big "if") the only real family you ever have is just you & your son, then that is family enough. That is family to treasure for always. Something tells me your son is going to be one helluva husband & father one day...all thanks to you.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 PM

Just a quick update:

I received a call 5 mins ago from one of them. Saw the red blinker from the missed call. My cell was still on vibrate from when my son and I went to the movie last night and I forgot to put the sound back up. Was not meant to be answered, I guess! No message was left. But who knows, a text may follow soon. Will let you know.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 12-28-2008 at 10:22 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Sorry for the letdown, Jeepgirl. But your attitude throughout all of this makes you a real winner; and your son's as well. I love the saying on the plaque he gave you. It's so heartwarming to know that no matter what, you are each other's rock.

I got a plaque for Christmas with a Ben Franklin quote that says:
"Trouble knocked at the door, but hearing Laughter, hurried away."

That reminds me of what you've posted about you and your son. If (& that's a big "if") the only real family you ever have is just you & your son, then that is family enough. That is family to treasure for always. Something tells me your son is going to be one helluva husband & father one day...all thanks to you.
Thank you! That is so sweet of you! I am going to show him what you and a few others have said about him, it's going to make him feel really good.

I like the way what you said chimes about the stone plague, "you are each other's rock." That's an awesome symbolism. And old Benny boy has a point as well about the door!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:18 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Not loaning money can be seen as selfishness if the person asking for the money knows you have it. When I was losing my business, I asked a cousin I knew could help me for a loan and he refused and I haven't felt the same about him since.

On the other hand, I would never have the nerve to ask someone I never met for money.

except some people KNOW how bad lending money to people theyre really close to can be......... seriously......... I've seen it turn friendships sour and RUIN family relationships. So maybe your cousin just didn't want to cause friction between the two of you! He may have saved your relationship. Be grateful for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships