Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, if I'm really interested in somebody he has to be socially retarded not to pick up on it. Provided he also is interested, there isn't that much work left really... Ain't gonna break anybody's back.
SOME women think they are giving obvious signals but come across as if they are just being friendly. Guys are kinda oblivious to hidden signals. I know I'm one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 06:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
SOME women think they are giving obvious signals but come across as if they are just being friendly. Guys are kinda oblivious to hidden signals. I know I'm one of them.
Ha-ha, OK, I'm not gonna let him go only on the basis of social retardation. However, the men I'm attracted to don't have such problems, so I can't say I'm an expert on the subject.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:58 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Ha-ha, OK, I'm not gonna let him go only on the basis of social retardation. However, the men I'm attracted to don't have such problems, so I can't say I'm an expert on the subject.
I never get when women flirt with me.

Mrs. Chow is always like that girl was totally checking you out..

I never see it myself.

I'm just dumb to female's flirting habits I guess.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Flirting in a friendly way and flirting due to being interested are two different things. Some women are obvious and some like to give hidden signals. I think women went to school to learn how to confuse guys.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:07 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,122 times
Love-shyness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Gilmartin did not rule out the existance of female or homosexual love-shy people, but he doubted they would feel the same negative effects as heterosexual men. He suspected that the condition would manifest very differently largely due to the societal roles that force heterosexual men and not women or homosexual men to initiate relationships. Gilmartin explains "The very shy young woman is no less likely to date and to marry than is the self-confident woman, non-shy woman. In essence even very shy women marry. Love-shy men cannot and do not marry irrespective of how strong their desires might be."

Old 12-28-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Love-shyness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Gilmartin did not rule out the existance of female or homosexual love-shy people, but he doubted they would feel the same negative effects as heterosexual men. He suspected that the condition would manifest very differently largely due to the societal roles that force heterosexual men and not women or homosexual men to initiate relationships. Gilmartin explains "The very shy young woman is no less likely to date and to marry than is the self-confident woman, non-shy woman. In essence even very shy women marry. Love-shy men cannot and do not marry irrespective of how strong their desires might be."
In my opinion, it comes down to not wanting to persue "love interests". Some people just have the fear of loving for whatever reason.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:15 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Ok, this has probably been discussed many times, but I need fresh responses:
Do guys like it when a girl asks them out? or does it sort of "take the wind out their sails"?

*I don't have a problem asking a guy out after several minutes of conversation if it seems to head in that direction. But at times I've felt that I jumped the gun, and maybe he wanted to ask me first??
any thoughts?
Oh Puleeeeze. Do you need to hear the obvious?

If she is hot? Hell yes he likes it.

If she is not hot? no.

Moral of the story. Men are shallow. Be hot.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Truthfully bragging. The point is women come on to guys the way we do women.
Yes I would agree but its the clock ticking cougars that are proactive.

The 18-35 set are lazy bums.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Eh, Chow, Chow... most men would kill to be in your shoes!
aint that the truth.................

Old 12-28-2008, 11:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
I haven't had a chance to read all of the responses, but I initiated things and asked my now husband out. It was the best thing I could have done. We've now been married 13 yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships