Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:49 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times

Advertisements

All I can say is in my case, with true love came security...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:12 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Security. You've got a bad penny that keeps coming back but he wouldn't be coming back if you weren't trying to get rid of him for some reason.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times
guy's moral of the story: Don't get married. This is the kind of questions women are asking. "Should I marry for love or money?" Either way, you get screwed.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwouldyoudo View Post
I've always been one to follow my heart, but I feel like its a no win situation. Do i settle for a man i can live with and have financial security and happiness? Or do i forfeit security and go for it with someone i know will satisfy my every need?

In short...in similar or comparable circumstances, do you vote love or security?
What is your definition of your ex satisfying your every need? Is he the better lover? Or is it that he understands you better than your fiance?

I guess that my initial feeling is that I feel very sorry for your fiance, and I'm not that sympathetic to your needs. In all fairness to your fiance, you should just break up with him, return the engagement ring and let him find a woman that will love him 110% and not be torn between him and some ex that doesn't have his act together. Why did you and your ex break up?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
All I can say is in my case, with true love came security...
MAN, you stole what I was gonna write

Old 01-04-2009, 09:21 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwouldyoudo View Post
Kudos to you for never having a doubt or wrong thought in your life...you're a better person than I for sure! You seem to keep missing the fact that I DO have feelings for him. How can you be with someone so long and not? He's my best friend. And its not a new person, that's half the problem, it's an ex. If I genuinely didn't care, wouldn't I have left already? If I were SO self-centered....why would I be holding on to someone?

But why am I not surprised that someone who is as presumptuous and judgemental as you are wouldn't know that.

You say you have feelings and care about him, but you don't LOVE him. If you truly loved him, then his (your finances) happiness would mean more to you and it would never occir to you to keep stringing him along, keeping him as plan b while you figure thingd out. And your ex would n't be a factor. You entitled this thread "Love or Security". Your ex is Love and your finance is Security. Like Mui said, If you did genuninely cared yes you would be gone and let him find someone who doesn't view him simply as a security blanket but would see him as "Love".

Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Boorrrrring.

Didn't Danielle Steele already write that advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You say you have feelings and care about him, but you don't LOVE him. If you truly loved him, then his (your finances) happiness would mean more to you and it would never occir to you to keep stringing him along, keeping him as plan b while you figure thingd out. And your ex would n't be a factor. You entitled this thread "Love or Security". Your ex is Love and your finance is Security. Like Mui said, If you did genuninely cared yes you would be gone and let him find someone who doesn't view him simply as a security blanket but would see him as "Love".

Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Boorrrrring.

Didn't Danielle Steele already write that advice
Get a room already!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
But I don't know how

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Get a room already!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM

283 posts, read 759,730 times
it's a tough question to answer without more information about both men and how you feel about them in more detail. otherwise we're just jumping to conclusions here and not giving you any helpful advice (only character judgments).
personally i would choose love. financial security comes and goes, and honestly i would not want to depend on any man for my financial security. a better option would be to look for ways to become financially secure together with a man that you love. that way you are not sacrificing anything. that's what building a life together means.
it disturbs me though that you never even think about the option of earning money yourself and take it as a matter of course that a man will provide for you. in my opinion that's a very silly path to take in life since the security is only illusory and can be taken from you at any moment in your life on man's whim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships