Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Define screwed.

If the woman doesn't work, she will likely walk away with some of his future income. I have a friend in this situation. His wife wanted to be a stay at home mom so he worked hard to provide that for her only to end up owing her when she divorced him because, she was a stay at home mome???? He gave her what she wanted and the court gave her more because they saw her as some kind of victim. As her staying home had negatively impacted her employability. It was her choice. He would have rather she worked and they had a better lifestyle.

Now, she'll tell you she got screwed as she thinks she should have gotten more but he's the one who got screwed. He had to support her during the marriage, to keep her happy, and because he did that now gets the privilidge of supporting her now that they're divorced.

I wouldn't do it. They'd have to find me first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Why?

Cause she has to support herself now?

She has no one to blame now?

What?

80% That's a crock!!
look it up or ask a divorce lawyer-----have NEVER met any woman that profited from divorce------sounds like the whinings of a divorced man that did NOT get to really negatively impact his ex as much as he'ld like

Old 12-29-2008, 11:51 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
I wouldn't do it. They'd have to find me first.
wow--another responsible .supportive man

Old 12-30-2008, 12:59 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
look it up or ask a divorce lawyer-----have NEVER met any woman that profited from divorce------sounds like the whinings of a divorced man that did NOT get to really negatively impact his ex as much as he'ld like
Do you live in the Ozarks?

The economy has been hot here and I know lots. Money with a huge house and they keep everything in it.

Just need a cabana boy to make their life complete. I guess, you can't necessarily have everything!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
47% recently voted for a divorced guy who remarried a brewery heiress. Would he have ended up living in a cheap apartment without this?

Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
what a bunch of crock!!!

statistics show that in 80% of the time the woman gets screwed financially
Statistics also show that 99% of your alleged facts are fabricated.

Thread starter, I can't give you advise from personal exp. But I'll just suggest to speak w/ people you love and trust (friends and family) to take your mind off things. And do some stress-relieving activity - something you enjoy - whether it's exercising, watching a comedy movie, or reading a funny book. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:

The women ALWAYS get the children. Unless he can prove she is an unfit parent and even so it will take $30,000 to get them.

They always get the money from child support.

They always get the home unless she don't want it.

If she didn't work the man has to help her get some cash.

Usually the man is walking without anything even if she filed.

Am I wrong??

By the way... I am not divorced.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
The women ALWAYS get the children. Unless he can prove she is an unfit parent and even so it will take $30,000 to get them.

They always get the money from child support.

They always get the home unless she don't want it.

If she didn't work the man has to help her get some cash.

Usually the man is walking without anything even if she filed.

Am I wrong??

By the way... I am not divorced.

Yeeessss...you are

Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
wow--another responsible .supportive man
:d

Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
[quote=runrgirl;6719428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The sooner you come to the realization that all your money and possessions plus most of your future income are likely hers, the sooner you get down to doing something about those things you might be able to control.

This is not true. I am a woman and when I got divorced he got it all. I worked full time and put myself through school and got a very well paying job while he worked part time, gambled and golfed. He was very manipulative. Verbally threatening. I divorced him and he made all these threats. The STUFF wasn't worth it so I let him have it all pretty much. My lawyer thought I was nuts but I just wanted to be free. It's not that bad. I am rebuilding with a new husband who lost all to his ex wife.

As far as your divorce know that things will get better. Try to hold on to an aspect that has always just been personally yours. Some type of hobby- running, golfing, bowling, woodwork, whatever. Remember how you enjoyed yourself before you were married. Even if you lose material things you still have yourself and there are many in your situation. Learn from your past and plan for your future. The stress does get better but I admit it is the worst thing to go through and I will not do it again. Good luck with everything.
Nurse or caregiver?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships