Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:20 AM

220 posts, read 991,155 times

Advertisements

I will be seeing my ex for a weekend, to decide if we would like to get back together. We are long distance right now, I'm in Miami, he's in Kansas City.

We've talked about getting back getting back together, but he said his feelings aren't as intense as they once were; is that something that can come back in a weekend, or in time? We were together for 7 years, seperated for a year and a half.

As a man - what would get you back, or interested? I don't know if the a regular nice weekend is going to be enough, I feel like I need to wow and woo him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,537,162 times
Frankly, if he doesn't really care I'd just move on. Guys that don't really care are just that - guys who don't really care. Oh, sure, maybe dress up sexy and he'll get the old juices flowing and lay you, but it's just sex. Seriously, I applaud you efforts, but it seems you're wasting them on the wrong guy.

Last edited by BLAZER PROPHET; 12-27-2008 at 09:53 AM..

Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,167,247 times
I would like to go to Miami for the weekend, and would be more than happy to share what would wow and woo me.

In all seriousness, his mind is made up. If he is telling you his feeling aren't as intense, and there is a trip on the table where he is pretty much guaranteed to be getting some and having fun if he would tell you or lead you on that there is a chance, well, that tells me that he is over it.

Sorry

Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycheeseburgers View Post
I will be seeing my ex for a weekend, to decide if we would like to get back together. We are long distance right now, I'm in Miami, he's in Kansas City.

We've talked about getting back getting back together, but he said his feelings aren't as intense as they once were; is that something that can come back in a weekend, or in time? We were together for 7 years, seperated for a year and a half.

As a man - what would get you back, or interested? I don't know if the a regular nice weekend is going to be enough, I feel like I need to wow and woo him.
Most guys do not respond to "wooing" in the same way that a female would. Unless you have one of those unusually romantic kind of fellows I would say just stick with some really, really good, wild, insane sex. That is what most men respond to. The important thing, I would say during the weekend would be convey the message that whatever the problem with your relationship previously has been fixed.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
I agree with the other posters. I think his mind is made up so there is nothing you can do to "woo" him or to "get that spark back" (as you said in another thread you started).

If youre flying in to see him with the hopes of getting back together I would suggest you cancel your ticket and try to get a refund. His mind is made up already. Plus, if he really wanted to try to work things out, he would have asked you to spend time with him during Christmas or ON New Years.

Dont waste your time unless you just want to go for a couple of days of sex.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
i dont know you say ex do you mean divorce?
if so, my ex tried that too. something about a huge divorce settlement that acts like cold ocean water you knowwhatmean? like sitting on a surf board here in winter for 4 hrs. it elevates your thought so much.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 AM

We are currently getting divorced, it's final on Feb 23, there is no settlement - we didnt have anything.

Something is still there, and it is something worth fighting/working for.

We've been talking since Sept, and saw each other at the begining of Dec. He has a lot on his plate right now with work, he's up for review Jan 1, once he gets his review-bonus info he will decide if he is staying/leaving KC and we will decide on us. He says there is a strong possibiblity we will get back together, but he can't focus on us right now; because he doesn't want me to pack up and move to Kansas City if he's just going to leave there in a month, since he hates it there and is only staying if the bonus makes up for it. When he talks about it he makes it sounds like I will be coming to join him regardless of where he is, but right now he needs to fiqure out where that it going to be.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Will you be with him on New Years eve?

Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,167,247 times
I may be wrong.

But, almost no guy is going to go through with everything up until a divorce, and then say, oh, never mind. Guys typically are not wired that way, and he would have done everything prior possible to stop that if he really wanted to keep it the way it was.

Personally, it sounds like he is telling you what you want to hear until its final, so he can tell you to **** off

Old 12-27-2008, 10:26 AM

He will be with his brother on New Years, they are going camping and dirt bike riding.

When I went to visit him I brought him all of my signed divorce paperwork, he has yet to give it to the attorney, I asked him about it a coulpe of weeks ago -he said he doesnt know if he wants the divorce. The way it currently sounds; he does not, there has been no talk of it, and he has not turned the paperwork in - I've checked it online.

I've brought up that we can get an extension of 100 days, to see how things are in the meantime. It's been so long since we've been together, it would give us time to live together, eat together, and sleep in the same bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships