Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:04 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times

Advertisements

That'll be the day I become friends with my ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Never been in this situation, but I would never even consider being friends with an ex. Exes are exes for good reason.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:35 PM

353 posts, read 552,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterintime View Post
Addition: I've tried to tell him I can't see him cause it hurts to much. I've told him that I love him to much to just be his friend. He might not call for a day or two but sooner or later he calls/texts and asks me to hang out or something. On top of that.... Everytime we "hand out" we have a great time (I put my feeling aside) but than it turns sexual. I've told him I don't want that but he doesn't listen.
Hate to be crude but.... are you atleast getting paid for it? At 20$ a pop it will only take 50,000 times and you'll be a millionare.

Why would you want a relationship with a man/jerk that would treat ANY woman like that? Your good enough to hang out with and have sex with but not good enough for a relationship?

The writing is on the wall. Read it.
Listen to that voice that says (in a malevolent tone) GEEETTTTTT OOUUUTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wound won't heal as long as the knife is still in your back..

Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Wrong.. no bucking up baby. Sorry. He ended a relationship with you in spite of having a life long friendship on top of that. He obviously doesn't care about your feelings or he would recognize he's doing more harm than good by keeping you around as a friend. He is manipulating you by being in your life because he doesn't want you to be with anyone else. Are you dating? Probably not and it's because you won't give yourself time to date or to maybe love someone else who will be with you for the long haul.
I say get rid of this guy, sorry but no friendship is worth you possibly missing out on the greatest love of your life. You need time to heal and move on with your own life. It really ticks me off when men and women do that by breaking up after a long relationship but then being like "ohh lets still be friends because you are SO important to me" but guess what, if you weren't good enough to date then you are not good enough to be friends with and you should stick that in his pipe and smoke it LOL

Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
i cant stand any of my x's
cause they are all psyco's, cheaters or just plain suck

Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
I'll keep it to the basics... just looking for others perspective.
I was in a 4 year relationship with a man. Since the breakup, which hes given several reasons for, he has stayed in my life insisting I'm a huge part of his life, that he cares for me like I"m family and that he loves me deeply (as a friend). He still calls, comes over and if I stop talking to him for more than a week he finds a way to contact me.
I won't lie, its almost been a year and I'm still in love with him. Deeply. He hasnt' been out of my life long enough for me to move on. I'm in love with him, his son, and his family.
My confusion comes here.... I know that I'm hurting myself over and over by being friends with him. A part of me feels like I have to cut him out complelety and move on with my life. But the other part says, why throw away a good friendship, a lifelong friendship. Maybe I should just buck up and live with it. I know that things will change drastically (he says differently) when he starts serioulsy dating someone else or I do. Honeslty I know I wouldn't be able to handle it when that happenes. I'm confused and don't know what to do. Cut him out or keep a good friend in my life???
I think you need to move away from the relationship. It sounds like he is keeping you on a string, and will toss you aside when he finds someone else.

It's possible to be friends with exes but it usually happens after the infatuation has ended, the attraction has grown cold.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Addition: I've tried to tell him I can't see him cause it hurts to much. I've told him that I love him to much to just be his friend. He might not call for a day or two but sooner or later he calls/texts and asks me to hang out or something. On top of that.... Everytime we "hand out" we have a great time (I put my feeling aside) but than it turns sexual. I've told him I don't want that but he doesn't listen.
What he wants from you is a "f" buddy. He wants the freedom to be out looking for someone new, but he wants you to call on in case nothing pans out and he's feeling "needs".

You need to face that and ditch him and find someone who wants to be more to you than that.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
the attraction has grown cold.
I'd like to know how people turn attraction on and off as if it's some faucet... In my experience if it can be turned off it never was there to begin with.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 AM

271 posts, read 1,060,985 times
He just wants all the perks of a relationship...........sex, sex, sex, and more sex..........but without the commitment, hmmm?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
I think it's interesting that in your original post, you don't mention anything about the sexual nature of the relationship. Is it because you are ashamed of it? I think it makes you feel better to think of it as a "friendship".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships