Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
There are two things I learned about this relationship forum.

1. Never talk about your standard of a potential mate, no matter how careful you choose your words, people will label you as "judgmental / delusional / conceited etc, etc, etc

2. Never talk about single mothers. This is a sensitive subject.

Yep and I would add that if someone doesn't date single parents they do so because they absolutely hate kids. Not true of course but so many keep stating this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedoff0421 View Post
What if she's a single mom, because her husband is deceased. Could you men find yourself dating a widow wth children?
No.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
I could date a widower with kids, depending on the circumstances.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
I'm 59 and not in the market but if I were here's what I'd be looking for:

Childfree. That is number one. No parent will ever really get me, nor I them. If they, "love kids but don't want any of their own," I won't be interested.

My age, more or less. +4 -8 of my age. That means 51-63. Not interested in smooth, unlined skin, not interested in trophies. I LIKE a woman with some mileage on their faces and on their bodies. Not interested in the "grandma" look, but I know one 63-year-old I'd go for in a heartbeat if I were unattached. Total babe. Childfree as I am.

Not stupid. If you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're," (and any number of other things commonly misused), chances are you're stupid in other ways that will p*ss me off. Illiterate is a HUGE turn-off.

Not conservative. Teabaggers are just repulsive to me. Not in a million years.

Not greedy. If you want to travel the world, be prepared to cough up to do it. That's a two-way street, by the way. She doesn't have to buy me guitars, amps or recording gear. If I can afford to travel, I'll go. Otherwise, have a good time, see you when you get back.

Not uber-sophisticated: I don't do the opera, ballet or symphony. I don't think my western-style stage clothes would go over very well at the symphony, and that's as dressy as I get.

Not obese, not waifish. I have been with thin, heavy and in-between wimmenz. I don't mind love handles or muffin tops, but "People of Wal Mart" obese won't cut it with me. Meth-addict thin does nothing for me either. Have a f*cking cookie fer chrissake.

Has to love cats. Yes, I'm a guy who loves cats. Deal.

Finally - has to be the same kind of crazy as me. Has to like my music. I got lucky and found that. Trial and error, just got lucky. But if I were in the market, that's my laundry list.

Last edited by Tele-Cat; 06-16-2013 at 09:12 PM..

Old 06-07-2014, 12:39 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Please answer truthfully. Guys in your 30s...DO you prefer a woman who has never been married or a single woman who has been married before? What about never married no kids? Do you think the divorcee is more "normal" and mainstream? I'm 31, never been married, no kids and don't fit into the stereotype mold of the single over 30 woman with baby rabies or the jaded single mother looking for a meal ticket. Being a late bloomer, I find myself more desirable and getting more attention than I did when I was 20. What are your thoughts and why? Thanks!
Wow.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:42 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Please answer truthfully. Guys in your 30s...DO you prefer a woman who has never been married or a single woman who has been married before? What about never married no kids? Do you think the divorcee is more "normal" and mainstream? I'm 31, never been married, no kids and don't fit into the stereotype mold of the single over 30 woman with baby rabies or the jaded single mother looking for a meal ticket. Being a late bloomer, I find myself more desirable and getting more attention than I did when I was 20. What are your thoughts and why? Thanks!
Old thread, but I'll bite.

If I get along well with a woman, the issues of whether she has been married before or not matter less. Ideally, I would go for a woman who has never been married and no children since I'm in the same boat.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Wow.
You dug up this thread just to say that?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im married but I'd like to answer:

Never Married or Divorced woman in her 30s? - Depends on the woman. At face value when reading the question, one would probably say Never Married, but you need to factor in the individual woman, her background, education, experience etc. Many of the "Rock Of Love" girls are in their 30s and never been married and they are gross as fly larvae on a candy bar. Then, you also have some really nice girls who just may not have found the right man yet, or turned down marriage proposals that came from the wrong man.

Childless or with Child woman - Hands down Childless. Nothing worse for a man than a single mom woman in her 30s. Just too much baggage to deal with. Having to deal with the childs father is no fun, or if the childs father isnt even around it says a great deal about the woman's judgement and mental abilities by having a child by such a loser.
There's "nothing worse" than a woman with children? I think we need to probably drop some more of society's burdens on the male population if that's the worst thing they can possibly think of.

Dudes help make the children they so rabidly never want to see. Sorry guys, but your penis is not more special than the one that helped make the kids. Chances are one of your spawn is out there making other guys run in terror, "oh no! A child! That's the WORST THING for me!"

There are a lot of decent men out there who are sane and reasonable and understand they are not the only ones wishing to procreate nor are they the only ones for whom relationships occasionally don't work out. Not wanting to date someone with kids because you don't like or don't want kids is totally reasonable, but signing on for some ridiculous, sexist notion that the only kids worthy of your attention are the ones you are related to.

There are also women who won't date men with kids (like me) because we just don't like kids. But if I liked kids I would never be all "oh, no, I won't date that guy cuz his kids came out of someone else's body." Just..what kind of thought process IS that?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
You dug up this thread just to say that?
You answered just to say that?

Old 06-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
You answered just to say that?

...I don't know how to continue this...

This would have been fun.

But then would have derailed the thread, if I haven't already.

Yeah, I'm okay with any woman, with child or without. I myself was a step child. In that case, it would depend on what the child thought about me.

I would just for the most part stay out of the affairs of the mother and child. However, I usually am good with children. But it is still a tricky matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships