Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Dogs bark when they are left unattended. I work from home and I have help who takes them out on long walks with me or without when I can't do it. Right now they are all surrounding me under my desk and also behind me in their beds. They don't make a habit of barking at nights, sure when there are fire works and these people here love their fire works. Their barking is minimal. It's not like their children and other adults in the house. I have a 3 bed room home, 4 bedrooms if you include the loft which I'm planning on renting out to a mature student, maybe someone working on their doctorate or sommat like that. It's a spacious house and has had an extention added.

I moved in August on a Wednesday...I had the movers move all the big stuff and late that evening I came in with a few box's and black bags around 11 pm. The next day I had everything moved in and was relaxing watching a video with my young nieces and eating pizza when there was a loud knock on the door. The dogs at the time were also in the living room eyeing the pizza and hoping for a bite. Went to door and it was "she" wanting to know just how many dogs I had and also to let me know she didn't appreciate me coming in late and making so much noise I told her I brought in two boxes and left the rest in the car for the morning.

Then the husband showed up and they started laying out conditions, I told them to kiss my a$$ and slammed the door shut. She then went over to another neighbour to recruite them, but they closed the door on her also. The next day my sis came to pick the girls up and told me that neighbour had photographed her as she walked to my door. They did the same thing when when they were leaving so I told them to stop it. They didn't. I contacted the police who told me it was a civil matter. They would take photos of me leaving the house with the dogs or of my dog walker leaving the house with them. That's when I told her that the next time she stuck a camera infront of any ones face she wouldn't have a face left.

So I'd say all in all I've put up with a lot but there are times when prarrie justice is the the only answer. I'm not afraid of the law, back in the 90's I came thisclose to being indited by the feds under the RICO act....my life style has never been conventional, but I don't go out of my way to harm anyone unless my family, pets or I are messed with. Then my anger has no boundry...something I will not make apolgies for.

I never had this sort of problem at my former home never had it anywhere, but welcome to the UK. The land of twitching net curtains, nosey neighbours, small minded frustrated people who have nothing going in their lives except working for the man, living pay check to pay check, with nothing to look forward to. They see people who are different as a threat and in a way all they can never be.

Oh shuwks what a long response
Okay, now you're getting a little scary RA. I think trying to work it out with them civilly is the best recourse. All you are going to do is make your life miserable if you take the issue too far.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:05 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,664 times
Have you tried talking to them? Is there anyway you can ask the police to bring them in and sit in while you all work out your differences? I know this last idea wouldn't be fair but is there anyway you can consider finding a dif place if you rent? Just some suggestions. I don't really know your situation but maybe one of these will help.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Money does not buy happiness, but it does buy one options. Hopefully, a move is being considered.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
I'm really happy i live way out in the country on a beautiful forested mountain. The only neighbors i have are the wild critters...........................

Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Quote:

2 hours later I was interviewed by a detective in a flipin turban, so I guess he was hindu

He was a probably a Sikh, not Hindu. Although many cultures/religions offer or require headdresses often called turbans, as far as I know, Hindus are not usually among them and the most commonly seen turbans in the UK are worn by Sikh's. If you're going to hurl racial/religious abuse, at least get it correct.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:28 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I'm really happy i live way out in the country on a beautiful forested mountain. The only neighbors i have are the wild critters...........................
You live in what I refer to as true paradise..

Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
You live in what I refer to as true paradise..

I truly Love it here Darlin'. It's "God's Country".........................

Old 01-01-2009, 01:59 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
Have you tried talking to them? Is there anyway you can ask the police to bring them in and sit in while you all work out your differences? I know this last idea wouldn't be fair but is there anyway you can consider finding a dif place if you rent? Just some suggestions. I don't really know your situation but maybe one of these will help.
There is no talking to them. My former neighbours were cool. I have a habit of locking myself out of the house which is why there are 3 other people with keys to my home, but my former neighbour always knew when it was time for him to climb the fence when I showed up on his doorstep ...my kitchen and another back door was usually kept unlocked especially in the summer when it is wide open for the doggies to come and go.

I own but have recently thought of relocating to another part of the UK and a more rural less urbanised area. Rural life best suits me, something I didn't realise until 6 years ago. Trouble is I have another business that is not web based and for the past 3 years I have worked my guts out. I have a high ranking on google, which means that almost every day of the week I take on a new client. Part of the business is centered in the part of London I live and although I have others helping me I think it would be sensless uprooting. I can tell from the early research I have done that I will not have it as good in Cambridge. There is a market there, but let's just say London is a helluva market and I'm thriving....besides, I've gotten so attached to so many of my 4 legged clients and their owners that I'd have a hard time saying adios

It's almost frustrating trying to explain but there are unbelievable people out there who will go out to make your life a misery for no good reason except that it is a form of sport to them. No one else is compalining.

I have a friend who is in the same business who had her brand new SUV keyed by a neighbour all because she owned her own home and the person she knows who did it was living in a 4 bedroom house that was being subsided by the goverment. Had 4 kids by different men and worked part time answering phones for a taxi firm (cash in hand that the goverment were not aware of). My friend went out of her way to befreind her and even paid for a vacation with my friend last year in Egypt with the understanding that her mum would pay her back. The money never materialized. You just can't reason with people.

The local police neighbourhood folks are aware of all this. I have been in touch with them, looks like there will have to be a whole new dialogue opened again.

There is always music coming rom my house, I'm basically a giddy happy couldn't give a **** about others if they leave me alone, but I think that is exactly what is driving them nuts.

My only hope right now is the police, who seem to think I have committed a crime. Prarrie justice seems to be the only way out. Believe me there will be no blood spilled. These kind of people need to be spooked to the point of soiling themselves and I have every intention of doing so.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
[/font]

He was a probably a Sikh, not Hindu. Although many cultures/religions offer or require headdresses often called turbans, as far as I know, Hindus are not usually among them and the most commonly seen turbans in the UK are worn by Sikh's. If you're going to hurl racial/religious abuse, at least get it correct.
Really? Thanks for the info, however it was not a racial abuse.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:03 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
There is no talking to them. My former neighbours were cool. I have a habit of locking myself out of the house which is why there are 3 other people with keys to my home, but my former neighbour always knew when it was time for him to climb the fence when I showed up on his doorstep ...my kitchen and another back door was usually kept unlocked especially in the summer when it is wide open for the doggies to come and go.

I own but have recently thought of relocating to another part of the UK and a more rural less urbanised area. Rural life best suits me, something I didn't realise until 6 years ago. Trouble is I have another business that is not web based and for the past 3 years I have worked my guts out. I have a high ranking on google, which means that almost every day of the week I take on a new client. Part of the business is centered in the part of London I live and although I have others helping me I think it would be sensless uprooting. I can tell from the early research I have done that I will not have it as good in Cambridge. There is a market there, but let's just say London is a helluva market and I'm thriving....besides, I've gotten so attached to so many of my 4 legged clients and their owners that I'd have a hard time saying adios

It's almost frustrating trying to explain but there are unbelievable people out there who will go out to make your life a misery for no good reason except that it is a form of sport to them. No one else is compalining.

I have a friend who is in the same business who had her brand new SUV keyed by a neighbour all because she owned her own home and the person she knows who did it was living in a 4 bedroom house that was being subsided by the goverment. Had 4 kids by different men and worked part time answering phones for a taxi firm (cash in hand that the goverment were not aware of). My friend went out of her way to befreind her and even paid for a vacation with my friend last year in Egypt with the understanding that her mum would pay her back. The money never materialized. You just can't reason with people.

The local police neighbourhood folks are aware of all this. I have been in touch with them, looks like there will have to be a whole new dialogue opened again.

There is always music coming rom my house, I'm basically a giddy happy couldn't give a **** about others if they leave me alone, but I think that is exactly what is driving them nuts.

My only hope right now is the police, who seem to think I have committed a crime. Prarrie justice seems to be the only way out. Believe me there will be no blood spilled. These kind of people need to be spooked to the point of soiling themselves and I have every intention of doing so.
Have you ever seen the locks that use a punch keypad for entry? I have some on the house and garage door and they are wonderful if you have a tendency to forget your keys! We put ours on so the kids could come in without having to worry about them losing keys and having to relock the house...they are also handy because if you have a housekeeper, friend, worker who has fallen out of grace you only need to change their code and no one elses

BTW, sorry your New Year started off with such a crazy bang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships