Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
7 am yesterday morning (new years eve) I let the dogs out - all 6 of them. 5 are mine and one is clients who will be here until client returns in a week. I live in a terraced Victorian house, so there isn't much space between neighbours...one of the reasons I hate living in London but right now I have to. All but two doggies come back, so I started calling out for him and noticed there was a bigger hole in the fence. Actually it wasn't a hole it was just them pushing aside some temporary barricades said neighbours and I had made on either sides.

Before I go any further let me explain that by English law or whatever these *uckwits call it the people at #12 are responsible for fence on the right hand side. The fence was rickety at the least when I moved in this summer and should have been repaired by them. When I realised they had no intentions of doing so, I figured I'd get my handy man to replace the whole fence, after all it was to my benefit and the dogs that they could roam free in the yard without fear of them straying, into another yard...then came the September arrest. That's when I decided they would have to do it. I wasn’t going to be punked by anyone.[/SIZE]
Fast forward to this morning.

After two hours of coaxing my yorkie/cross he finally came back into my yard. However, while coaxing him over I noticed the neighbours were standing out on their patio outside the door that led from their kitchen coughing and spluttering, even making subtle noises distract him. In the past they have thrown stones or chased my dogs away, so I thought it strange they were making all these noises to cajole him into staying. He’s a rescue dog and not sure about his history, but his recall is dismal the moment he see’s a new face. He’ll run up to them and bark his head off or just stare. In this case he just stared or ran around their yard. I then heard them call the police…that’s when I also called them and told them they were trying to poison my dog as at that point they were trying to feed him, even after I yelled at them to not give him any food…after the things these people have done I wouldn’t rule out poison, so I wanted it on record. It's a 6 foot fence so my only view of my dog was through the torn panels of wood. I was out there in freezing temperature in my pyjamas for an hour and half trying to get him back. Any other reasonable person would have had me come into their yard to scoop up my doggie, but not them. The irrational side of me was saying just kick the darn fence down, give one of them a good arse whooping and take my dog. An arse whooping may have been out of the question as I couldn’t take on two people especially one being a man and I may have only resorted to something else that would found me doing a very long time. So I backed off.

Once the dogs were all secured in the house I washed and disinfected the deck and then came in the house and was getting dressed to go out for a few hours, when I heard a knock on the front door, it was a chubby rather young police officer wanting to talk to me. He said there had been a complaint of me causing criminal damage to their fence at which I laughed at. I may have moved something’s aside that they had used as a barricade, but I certainly didn’t cause any fresh damage…besides there is nothing to damage. His partner who had been next door taking a statement asked me the same questions and tried to get me to admit to criminal damage, to which I didn’t. He then told me I was being arrested on suspicion of criminal damage. They allowed me to get dressed, top up the dogs water bowls and separate two of them…who have on occasion got into fights of toys .

There were 2 police vehicles outside with other officers…all for 5’ 2” me. They put me in the truck which resembled one of those armoured trucks that collect money. Pillsbury dough boy gets in with me, but there is a metal barrier separating us, I was in a sort of cage….last time they just placed me in a regular car. Being England, I wasn’t handcuffed and was able to ride with my hand bag on my lap…That was until I called one of my brothers on my cell phone to let him know what was going on at which point they yelled at me to hang up, I didn’t, so they stopped the truck and took my handbag away. Funny they didn’t do that the last time, I was able to talk to my mum for two minutes. BTW, the transporting officer was driving like he was in some sort of a chase. We went over a lot of hard speed bumps that was tossing not just me around the cage, but even the Pillsbury doughboy fell off at one point. This only aggravated my current back problem that I’m being treated for. In fact this morning it hurts like hell and I have every intention of getting it x-rayed tomorrow.

2 hours later I was interviewed by a detective in a flipin turban, so I guess he was hindu and ordinarily, I wouldn’t have made any reference to his faith or the fact he was of Indian decent, but this guy had the nerve to ask me why I had five dogs? He said he didn’t understand people who had more than one dog…all this while the tape was still running. I told him I wouldn’t expect him to understand seeing he probably wasn’t an animal lover. I looked him straight in the eye and said, “you have a nerve asking me that. What if I ask you why you people marry your first cousins?”

He tried to get me to admit I had criminally damaged their fence…I told him no way. He said he’d give me a conditional caution if I agreed. A conditional caution is sort of a citation which would have given me a certain amount of time to fix the fence. The conclusion? I was released on police bail and have to report back to same police station on the 19th of February as (get this) it will be forwarded to the CPS (crown prosecution) pending further investigation.

New years eve with all the crimes in London and they are referring my case over a worthless old rotten fence and lieing neighbours to the crown prosecution? This is what our sissy cops here do all day.
I don't blame you for being upset and coming unglued in the forum. I would be royally pissed too. Well, keep your wits about you so you don't get arrested again. Can you move outta that damn place???

Old 01-01-2009, 03:04 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Well, after reading all of the posts to now, I think there is more to this than RA has not talked about, not that she is holding back any facts, I mean more about the neighbors. I'm going on a limb here and saying that perhaps the neighbors are not too happy with her living there, regardless of the dogs.

A shorter statement is to say I think RA's neighbors are racist.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Well, after reading all of the posts to now, I think there is more to this than RA has not talked about, not that she is holding back any facts, I mean more about the neighbors. I'm going on a limb here and saying that perhaps the neighbors are not too happy with her living there, regardless of the dogs.

Maybe they are mentally ill...

Old 01-01-2009, 03:32 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:

No they are not racists. The woman is Black...from somewhere in east or Northern Africa, I have no idea which country, but she has the facial structure. I'm guessing Ethiopia or Somalia. The man is white and they have a 3 year old kid, who she uses when complaing to the police. She plays the defenceless little woman who is scared along with her son of the foul mouthed woman next door.

On another note I have a few times come across utter contempt from other blacks, but always from (for lack of a better term) underclass or those who aren't well educated and aren't doing to good. This happend to me in the US but has never happend in the Uk until these lot.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
I guess my limb cracked!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't blame you for being upset and coming unglued in the forum. I would be royally pissed too. Well, keep your wits about you so you don't get arrested again. Can you move outta that damn place???
I could rent it out and weighing my options.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I guess my limb cracked!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:40 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I can guess...Let me see if I can surmise.

"Nothing is my fault."
"Everybody is stupid except for me."
"No place can possibly hope to live up to my incredibly rarefied standards. I have moved everywhere and have yet to find a place that doesn't utterly bore and disappoint me."

Does that sum things up?

Well, here's my thoughts on that.

Everybody who gets arrested, particularly in the UK and the US, gets arrested for a pretty good reason 99.9% of the time. Yet, of those people who get arrested, probably an equal percentage claim it wasn't their fault.
About 15 years ago there was an incident in the small town where we lived in Alaska - a clerk in a shop was pistol-whipped and the cash register emptied. She described the one who did it as a filipino [she'd know, she was married to one], about 5'5" tall. My husband was arrested on 'suspicion' of having done it. He was 6'4", definitely NOT filipino. Mostly Cherokee and Quapaw, and looked it.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
Have you tried talking to them? Is there anyway you can ask the police to bring them in and sit in while you all work out your differences?
Well, let's think about this. According to Raggedy-
* the day after she moved in, she told the neighbors to kiss her a$$
* she threatened that if they took pix of her again, they would have no face left
* she was arrested for putting her hand through their glass door
* she lets six dogs into a small yard unattended, leaving a door open in the summer so that they can go in and out
* there is always music coming from her house
Oh, and she is espousing prairie justice…..

Yes, having the police mediate a truce would be great- maybe it can be the turban-wearing cop that she asked about marrying his first cousin?

She did say that she was a good communicator.....

Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I don't think the wine and "Mary Jane" are gonna help much in this situation. In fact, they might make your emotions and thinking even worse.
Mary jane helped...she put me to sleep. The world is safe from me as long as I stay away from tequila in a bad mood. It's been years since I've gone down that route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships